General Yuzuru Chat

...well, what @Saawa said — the post has expressed the points way more articulately than what I attempted.

(...just a few more additional speculation in the spoiler)

Spoiler

I guess what I hinted on was why JSF did no. 7 in Saawa's post (ie. "pruning" their megastar) — which is due to the point in no. 8 (and what I attempted to explain). Nevermind the fact that the act of JSF bringing down Yuzu (by letting him be underscored, be by their own judges or by foreign judges 😒😒, and other ways we need not mention 🙄😤) doesn't contribute to the improvement of other skaters' skills (I mean, why are the bigwigs unwilling to support all top skaters unconditionally?? What could it possibly be, if not for good old regionalism? 🙄😒😤).

I do believe that if you only cares about medals it's recommended to retire after an olympic one. So as your "achievements" don't go down. Yuzu of course is not all about medals (don't get me wrong I know he likes to win) but he loves the pureness of figure skating. So that's why the most want NC to retire.

I do hope his love for skating hasn't diminish because of this Olympics and that he can keep on challenge the 4A, just for himself. But I won't fault him if he had enough of this... how do you call it? Clownery? Yep. 

And thanks for explaining why JSF "hates" him so much. I'm more amazed that he didn't give in and stay true to himself. I think this is another reason, among the thousands out there, that fans love him.

45 minutes ago, Tee said:

that's nice of him, thought i'd be alone on valentines day :wink_star:

Yes let's give him chocolates! I hope it's a new interview and not one recorded post nationals. It would be a knife to our hearts seeing his happiness in the Olympics knowing that he didn't enjoyed them.

I think he took our wishing him good luck in 4A and 3OGM the wrong way, I mean we were wishing him that to cheer for him not because we wanted him to be one. It's like he think he disappointed us but it's not true! Damn hole! and damn ankle! Lord give him a break!!!!

11 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Has this been posted?

Japanese "Ice Prince" misses podium but wins hearts

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/20220212/babb3689b91f43dbba24fb841278dbdb/c.html

"China's Twitter-like social platform Weibo was buzzing with comments on Hanyu, as topics with the hashtag #yuzuruhanyu generated 5.6 billion views by Friday afternoon and enamored fans expressed their love and encouragement."

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I read the article and this is an excerpt from it:

"Actually, Hanyu was surrounded by a huge fan base in China long before this year's Winter Olympics. Tang Zhexiao became a die-hard fan in 2015 after watching his performance at the World Figure Skating Championships in Shanghai.

"He jumped high and soared far on the ice rink, with light and love in his eyes. His high spirit and vigor inspired me to pursue what I really wanted," said Tang, 32, who quit his job after the competition and took a postgraduate exam to become a sports reporter."

If you ask me, this is one of the most important aspects of Yuzu's legacy. He is an inspiration for so many people around the world. He has inspired people to pursue their dreams no matter the obstacles, to persevere in the face of hardships and setbacks, to improve and become better versions of themselves in the face of adversity, to accept failure with grace and as part of success, and to go your own way despite other people's opinions and even mockery.

I'm sure these Olympics have won Yuzu many, many more fans and admirers. He touches people's hearts and souls. He is so much more than just a skater and athlete. He is an artist, a musician, a poet, a dancer. He is a shining, warm, gentle light brightening the lives of so many people. What he gives to people, what he means to people, is so much more substantial and important than any medals could be. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

One of my home support workers is an attractive 40 something-year-old Chinese lady and she is not and never has been a figure skating fan. I have known her for a number of years and I have told her about Yuzuru Hanyu before, but she did not show any particular interest then. Since the Beijing Olympics, however, I was surprised to see that she has been totally enthusiastic and bubbly about Yuzu. “He’s so beautiful, slim, elegant and talented! He is so popular in China!” Even after he finished fourth, she said, “That doesn’t matter, he is still the best and most loved. He is getting even more support and love now from his Chinese fans!” Like a lot of us, she is not a figure skating fan, but now a huge Yuzuru Hanyu fan.

3 часа назад, Mary_kyo сказал:

Кажется, это хорошая статья, и гугл-переводчик работает хорошо:

«Фигурное катание мертво». Реакция социальных сетей на мировой рекорд Чена 

https://m.sportsdaily.ru/articles/figurnoe-katanie-mertvo-reaktsiya-sotssetey-na-mirovoy-rekord-chena-otobrannyy-u-khanyu?utm_source=yxnews&utm_medium=mobile&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fyandex.ru%2Fnews%2Fsearch%3Ftext%3D

Кстати, я искал в западных новостях, чтобы узнать, какое повествование сейчас преобладает. Я чувствую себя некомфортно, но, похоже, они подталкивают его к отставке. Они также в основном подразумевают, что Юдзу открыл дверь для 4A, но не будет тем, кто приземлится первым. Этот твит с Олимпиады и Адама, Натана и Мерил говорили так, как будто они отдают дань уважения Юзу. Как будто Юдзу уходит на пенсию, и тот факт, что это было записано ранее, подтверждает, что они планировали показать ему выходную дверь давным-давно. 

Я верю, что Юдзу может двигаться вперед, он только на пике, может предложить гораздо больше, и я на 100% верю, что единственный человек, который может приземлиться на 4А, это он и только он. Ему просто нужно больше удачи для следующего соревнования и более здоровая лодыжка/тело, которое приходит с хорошим отдыхом/физиотерапией. Я надеюсь, что Юдзу сам решает, когда лучше повесить сапоги, а не кто-то другой. 

I hope that Yuzuru gets angry and does not retire. If only he was healthy.

28 minutes ago, Nataliya05 said:

I hope that Yuzuru gets angry and does not retire. If only he was healthy.

I wonder what all of us would do in his situation - I'd be fuming...but I'd also realise that there is no way I'd ever get scored fairly for my efforts, and that Yuma would be likely to surpass my scores, and Ilia if he continues with jumping success. I'd want one more good happy wining tournament -  a GP event or 2 where I could show everyone my 2 fabulous clean programmes (he can do that easily when no 4A or ice holes!!). And maybe a last GPFinal (dependant on who goes!) He's not in an easy position is he....:mad:

17 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I wonder what all of us would do in his situation - I'd be fuming...but I'd also realise that there is no way I'd ever get scored fairly for my efforts, and that Yuma would be likely to surpass my scores, and Ilia if he continues with jumping success. I'd want one more good happy wining tournament -  a GP event or 2 where I could show everyone my 2 fabulous clean programmes (he can do that easily when no 4A or ice holes!!). And maybe a last GPFinal (dependant on who goes!) He's not in an easy position is he....:mad:

I agree. As much as I'd love for him to keep going and just skate because he loves it, this situation must be tiring, exhausting. I can answer right away that I would give up. And I'm also afraid that if he keeps going and keeps challenging the 4A the judges will never give it to him anyway. I know that when he lends it and there is no doubt that it is clean, there will be an uproar of mega proportion, but I don't think it will do any good anyway as long as newspapers (from important country) won't talk about unfairness.

On the bright side, Yuzu is gaining respect from people that have never watched figure skating. But right now after the Bee bee whaterver his name is mascot account, I'm scared that everyone is out there using Yuzu's name for clicks.

21 hours ago, Yuzu_GOAT said:

Wow I'm lost for words. I physically don't know why JSF hate Yuzu so much but it annoys me to no end 

Yes, I couldn't believe my eyes either. One person not even applauding. First I thought she might have been one of the audience who simply are not so much into figure skating, but she wears the same red team jacket. :huh:

I have to agree with all that people here have been saying about Yuzu and this won't be one of my long discussions but a simple observation very relevant to Yuzu's GOAT status and that is this. - How many skaters have there been who have competed in 3 Olympics and been a contender in all of  them?  I can't think of anyone offhand but I think you get my point.  Yuzu's name will be in the histories of figure skating long after the names of most of those competing today have been forgotten.

6 hours ago, Pammi said:

I hope he just stops caring about Gold and jumps and just does amazing programs for the musicality and artistry. I would love to see him skate competitively like 2019 where he had less pressure on him after the Olympics were done.