General Yuzuru Chat

Guest Mary_kyo

Good lord, I know a lot of us are normal human beings, not geniuses and never as legendary as Yuzuru Hanyu. But times like this, that a failure happens (according to the standards of us mortals), you can see the low visionary of some fans. Criticizing why he focuses on 4A, why he doesn't do other layouts, why he doesn't focus on easy win, why he doesn’t choose other goals... Stop please stop. You are criticizing all the qualities that actually make Yuzuru the legend he is and not just another privileged medalist like Nathan Chen.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure”. The story of Yuzuru in Beijing was life lesson all over it. It was the story of courage, bravery, not giving up and sticking to own beliefs and ideals. Maybe we can try to learn instead of criticize.  

He got that much close to landing 4A because he sacrificed years of his life, health, other goals and even winning medals for that. The path to big dreams is never easy and always have huge costs too. The geniuses are the only ones who aren't afraid of stepping foot in these extremely bumpy roads. 

Please remember that this is the General Yuzuru Chat :YuzuPooh:

We have threads for skaters from other countries:

I understand emotions are running high right now but we must not forget that we are talking to other human beings; while this is a forum to discuss different topics, let's keep this community as a safe space with no personal attacks towards other members/skaters:nod2:

42 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Good lord, I know a lot of us are normal human beings, not geniuses and never as legendary as Yuzuru Hanyu. But times like this, that a failure happens (according to the standards of us mortals), you can see the low visionary of some fans. Criticizing why he focuses on 4A, why he doesn't do other layouts, why he doesn't focus on easy win, why he doesn’t choose other goals... Stop please stop. You are criticizing all the qualities that actually make Yuzuru the legend he is and not just another privileged medalist like Nathan Chen.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure”. The story of Yuzuru in Beijing was life lesson all over it. It was the story of courage, bravery, not giving up and sticking to own beliefs and ideals. Maybe we can try to learn instead of criticize.  

He got that much close to landing 4A because he sacrificed years of his life, health, other goals and even winning medals for that. The path to big dreams is never easy and always have huge costs too. The geniuses are the only ones who aren't afraid of stepping foot in these extremely bumpy roads. 

I have previously posted a video of the song, “The Impossible Dream”, but perhaps it would be better to post the lyrics of the song which eloquently describes Yuzu’s pure pursuit of his complete self in the face of seemingly insurmountable adversity.

To dream the impossible dream

To fight the unbeatable foe

To bear with unbearable sorrow

And to run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong

And to love pure and chaste from afar

To try when your arms are too weary

To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest

To follow that star

Oh, no matter how hopeless

No matter how far

To fight for the right

Without question or pause

To be willing to march, march into hell

For that heavenly cause

And I know

If I'll only be true

To this glorious quest

That my heart

Will lie peaceful and calm

When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this

Oh, that one man, scorned and covered with scars

Still strove with his last ounce of courage

To reach the unreachable, the unreachable

The unreachable star

Yeah, and I'll always dream

The impossible dream

Yes, and I'll reach

The unreachable star

Also, just to add -- while it's ok to speculate about alternative universes, let's not question Yuzu's choices too much. I think he's at least earned that right, especially from his fans. We know only the tip of the iceberg -- about the politics he faces, about his condition, about his motivations. Remember when people questioned his choice of not attending the team event? Who knew it might've been because JSF didn't send him?! And remember he DID do 4Lzs and 4Los this entire quad. He's thought of and tried everything! Yuzu has always made decisions very intelligently and with a lot of thought. Who are we to say "if he did X then JSF would support him more" or "if he did Y he would have won a medal"? We don't know. Most likely our assumptions are wrong. Or irrelevant. Yuzu deserves to skate for himself and himself only. Exactly the way he wants.

5 hours ago, Yuzu_GOAT said:

I sometimes wonder whether the attitude of the JSF, at least in the last 4 years, is partly due to the ISU. Yuzu didn't retire, ISU tried to push him out of the sport, he kept getting silvers in big international comps because of judging ridiculousness but refused to become a jump machine to compensate, so JSF started pushing their other skaters as the next big thing and gave up on him because Yuzu refused to alter his skating vision for the ISU.

Honestly I think you are very right. I have feeling like they all want Yuzu finish after 2018 so they all can write their tributes and be praised how nice they are to him. And after that they would start abuse new scoring system to make sure that winner will be how they prefere. Ok this is maybe bit much but I really consider this system to much easy to be manipulated. But when they underscore Yuzu it is too much obvious and people are not silent about it.

Anyway for me also Yuzu never was just part of JSF or ISU system... I do not know how to say exactly. He was always unique, in his own and very good way :). And I wonder if he has his "unique attitude" like this to JSF and ISU now I believe they do not like it anyway. He surely will be absolutely polite and profesional but I believe if JSF should make decision no 4A will be in program they would choose something "safer".

9 часов назад, HiskeVeronicaMaria сказал:

@tsubasanoyume There was in season 2019-2020 while skating in Russia preparing for a show (to do with Rostelecom Perhaps?) where Yuzuru and Alina Sagitova and perhaps also that Polish skater..I'm trying to find the memory clearly, they were asked to speak a message into camera-video..I think you should see that one. I'm sorry, I don't know how to direct you to that video, it must be somewhere on youtube. In my memory it goes like this:

He says 'hello and so, we are doing fine here' and looks into the camera and says: "Please do your homework. We HERE (he and all the other skaters) are ALSO doing our best. Hope to see you soon (again).. ". And he puts his thumb up saying: "So, Good Luck"!   Then he starts to wave and giggling a bit and the one with the camera is skating backwards distancing again.

You will be fine ok? I'm sharing love from him to you, from my heart, please

Thank you so much for sharing and for your kind words. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

6 hours ago, Yuzu_GOAT said:

I sometimes wonder whether the attitude of the JSF, at least in the last 4 years, is partly due to the ISU. Yuzu didn't retire, ISU tried to push him out of the sport, he kept getting silvers in big international comps because of judging ridiculousness but refused to become a jump machine to compensate, so JSF started pushing their other skaters as the next big thing and gave up on him because Yuzu refused to alter his skating vision for the ISU.

I don't think it has much to do with whether Yuzu refused to become a jump machine. In fact Yuzu has consistently skated programs with 4 or even 5 quads since 2018. That's hardly falling behind technically in any way. Shoma has been a mess this whole quad and he still gets the benefit of the doubt just fine. ISU wanted Nathan because USFSA is powerful (it helped that Nathan was consistent) and JSF wanted Shoma/Yuma because they also just preferred them (local politics?). That's really all there is to it.

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

Oh I didn't know superstars are only from USFS. Interesting.

Same thought came to my mind. Sorry for sounding rude and disrespectful, but there is only one FS superstar I'm aware of. I was expecting elite skaters from various countries, not just one. Why do I have the impression that they are using Yuzu to promote their 'superstar' skaters?

9 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Did I say I hate JSF today?

This is simply sickening to see... We've known about JSF treatment of Yuzu for years and still it is unbelievable to see.. Yuzu is a treasure of mankind and to be treated like this by his own federation... it is soul crashing.. And still he persisted and pushed through inspite of the politics and all the corrupted scoring.. What an incrredible warriour and human being! 🙏💜💜💜