General Yuzuru Chat

14 минут назад, Yuzu_legend сказал:

@tsubasanoyume a satellite friend found your banner at Sochi and sent me a picture!!!! :loveshower: Thank you again SO MUCH for doing it!!!:10742288:

Yey! Most of all banners in Sochi from our community. I don't know how to add twitter post here correctly. But here is more photos... :dontdothistome:

And we have a lot of posters with Winnie the Pooh and mini flags. ♥️

https://twitter.com/TsubasanoYume/status/1464148030723174406?t=Pm7O7L0Jm6T292NWjB6s-A&s=19

hace 2 minutos , tsubasanoyume said:

Yey! Most of all banners in Sochi from our community. I don't know how to add twitter post here correctly. But here is more photos... :dontdothistome:

And we have a lot of posters with Winnie the Pooh and mini flags. ♥️

https://twitter.com/TsubasanoYume/status/1464148030723174406?t=Pm7O7L0Jm6T292NWjB6s-A&s=19

I really feel like crying watching this display of sincere love for Yuzu. I'm sooo grateful to you and your community, really, you have no idea!!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I embedded it for you:

The latest issue of S-Style released yesterday shares many birthday wishes for Yuzu from fans.  Apparently, the messages are shared with a photo of a birthday cake made for this project especially, and the patissier shared their thoughts on the cake on their Instagram. Let me share a translation of it because it is very nice and warm.

The cake:

The message:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWsUrRsvW0g/

Translation of the message:

Spoiler

Dear, Hanyu Yuzuru senshu,

Happy birthday!

Although it is a bit too early to say this...

I have never imagined or expected to make a cake for Hanyu Yuzuru senshu in this way.

It started with a phone call.

"Would you make a birthday case for Hanyu Yuzuru senshu?"

"What? Do you mean the figure skater?"

"Yes. It is a part of our project. We are hoping to publish (T/n: the photo of ) the cake with all the birthday wishes (T/n: in our magazine)"

"Are you sure if I deserve such a role.......?"

While having such a conversation, I  was already coming up with a plan in my mind.

"Four and a half revolution"

A Challenge on an unprecedented feat...

Then, I want to express it. Then, I want to support it.

The sense of dynamism, the beauty, adventurousness, the way the ice shines when it gets landed, calmness and passion inside...

I composed such images on the cake.

I can not skate well, let alone jump on the ice. I imagine that only figure skaters can see the landscape of an Axel jump.

Probably Hanyu Yuzuru senshu will be the first one to see the untrodden landscape of quad Axel. I hope he will. That was the thought that filled me while I was absorbed in making the cake.

I took the liberty of relating myself with Hanyu Yuzuru senshu.

He has his own world, and I have mine, but if I were to find something in common, it is the words in my memory, "If you want to gain something, you have to sacrifice something."

That was what the head chef of the hotel I used to work told me. The words may sound obvious, but we don't like to make sacrifices. We would want to avoid it somehow. However, the greater the goal, the greater the sacrifices you would have to make.

I want to be an astronaut!

Gosh, that's a lot of work!

How much effort does it take?

Well, you need to be blessed with a good environment and luck too...

I have sacrificed a lot to make my dream come true.

My family, friends, time, physical health, and money...

I assume Hanyu Yuzuru senshu is also sacrificing something now to make his dream come true.

Because I have such an experience and can imagine what he feels, I want to support him even for a bit.

For now, I hope he will focus on healing his injury. I am sure he will be back on the ice.

He will be able to land it.

He will make it.

Would you share the landscape with me?

Please visit us when you have landed it. :))

And please let me know how the landscape was.

Lastly, thank you so much, S-Style editor-in-chief Igarashi san, for inviting me for this project. I could have a great time and make a great memory.

[NEWS]

12 hours ago, Saawa said:

On a slightly different topic: I saw some tweets talking about the Japanese TV broadcast of the Grand Prix series this season, but I'm not sure if I understood it correctly. Could someone who speaks Japanese please confirm or clarify? I'm curious about the possible implications of Yuzu's withdrawals: 

Reveal hidden contents

Is it true that this season, TV Asahi doesn’t broadcast all the Grand Prix events on their terrestrial channel nationwide compared to the past? Some fans on twitter shared this link and using google translate, it looks like most of the regular GP events (Skate America, Italian GP, French GP) were available live only in Kanto area, so to watch it from other areas, one needed to subscribe to a paid channel?  So, the only events available nationwide are short programs (men+women) at Skate Canada, GPF* (men+women) and Rostelecom Cup (right now, the schedule shows only the free programs of men+women but few days ago before Yuzu's withdrawal, it included the short programs as well (screenshot)).

*Moreover, based on it this tweet, it looks like the GPF won’t be broadcasted live on TV Asahi after all, but possibly only some highlights a day later in the morning? If true, it looks like they changed it compared to this after Yuzu's withdrawal. All the GPFs in the recent years, at least the men+women, were broadcasted live, right?  

Also, is it true that the NHK trophy 2021 was broadcasted live on NHK but got poor ratings, especially compared to the seasons when Yuzu participated? That even the peaks in 2021 were lower compared to the averages with Yuzu's participation in 2019 (2021, 2019). 

And lastly, is it true that there are fewer skating magazines being published this season? And apparently, there was something to pre-order on Amazon but it got cancelled right after Yuzu withdrew? 

Too many question, I know, sorry :headdesk:

Re: GPS broadcast and magazines

Spoiler

Firstly, TV Asahi hasn't necessarily been airing GPS nationwide. If you take a look at their past broadcasting schedule pages, you will find 関東地区 (=Kanto area only) and 一部地域を除く (=except for some area) here and there. 

Asahi's broadcasting schedule pages for 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019

Secondly, even when they aired an event nationwide, they didn't always air it fully and live. When they have something that has the potential for a good rating, they would try to air it during prime time and sell the ad spots at better prices. So when someone like Yuzu or Mao competed at someplace where the time difference between there and Japan is huge, they would air the recorded event much later with tons of fluff. For example, when Yuzu competed at Skate Canadas after 2014, they aired highlights of men's events hours later, in prime time in Japan. CoC2014 Men's FS and GPF2019 Men's FS were partly aired live. GPF2015 was super exciting, but I watched it live via streaming in the early morning.

That said, the way Asahi is treating GPS this year is so different from the past. They weren't going to air anything nationwide except Skate Canada, in which Rika Kihira was going to compete, and Rostelecom Cup, in which Yuzu was going to compete. They used to air every performance in Singles' events on their broadcasting satellite channel the next day, but they didn't offer this option this year. Instead, they provided a live pay-stream of all events and delayed broadcast of all events on their communication satellite channel, which requires a paid subscription to view it.

There is no way to know their initial plan, but seeing the past and how the media had been treating Yuzu-related news this year, I guess Asahi was going to air Rostelecom Cup in the prime time or whenever they could sell the ad spots with the highest price but couldn't. (As to Skate Canada, it collided with the 2021 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships held in Japan, and Asahi prioritized it over figure skating) 

I don't know how Asahi came into this direction, but I somehow find it not surprising because the CV has changed society and people's minds, and many companies (including Asahi and GPS broadcasts' potential sponsors) must have been suffering financial damages. Asahi, after all, had the short end of the stick among Japanese figure skating broadcasters last season and was affected by the travel restrictions again this season.

As to the skating magazines, some of them had been mainly about Yuzu. For such magazines, it is natural to stop releasing new issues when they don't have new content. In the past, Figure Skating Fan Tsushin/Figure Skate Tsushin released magazines full of old photos of Yuzu at a time like this, but they are on hiatus since May, and planing to release the JNats issue next January.

5 hours ago, Anni said:

Yes : yes2:.. Olympic Parisienne Walkways has reached 10 million views !!!
Congratulations : happy0065:

Yes, ANNI, still have no doubts about the multiple views of this :heartpound: magnificent program  and I had the words of G Moore translated and, indeed, he speaks well of Paris and of certain famous places and Beaujolais wine and I learned to the radio that this wine is enjoyed in Japan (in moderation, of course) 

:thankssign:all of them for posting these tweet from Sochi and admiring these flags /  :dancingpooh: in honor of Yuzu  : snonegai:and the birthday cake and a great idea from the pastry chef who happened to do some sort of "multiple turns"  :agree:  and his text is very moving also and on a banner I saw and read "YH hope and legacy" and it is really what ALL his fans wish him and the "rest"? ! and there is a French saying which says : "he is no worse blind than the one who does not want to see" and also: "he is not worse deaf than the one who does not want to hear" is not it > :(