General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, slzlapelsk said:

I am so disappointed with us Satellites/Fanyus /j

Why has none of us thought of this cute nickname for Yuzu?! :sorrow:

Nice try tho Yuzu anti lmao 

We've had "Pudding" in the PH glossary for Masquerade costume but calling Yuzu pudding is kind of pudding doing pudding program while pudding prince (ToshI) sings is pudding overload! (or pudding overlord :D )

2 hours ago, lajoitko said:

If I remember right, Asian Open will be the test event for Olympics. I don´t remember when it is, somewhere in October I guess. I think it is the one competition in the next season which will tell us whether he thinks the Olympics as a possibility or not.

My English is very bad and I don´t know if I can convey my thoughts properly, but I try. Since Saitama I have had this worry when I think about Yuzu. After last week I no longer have it and I feel so light. Of course I still worry but they are normal stuff (health, ankles etc). I feel that he is now in the right place regarding the mentality. He has a clear goal and he is staying true to himself and his priorities. He wants to skate meaningful programs in the way that he himself feels right and doesn´t necessary care about winning and medals. Of course this can change when the world hopefully returns to (kind of) normal again.

What I most like about this "new" Yuzu is that he is giving himself options: training, Olympics... He is breaking the pattern (or the world and fate did it for him, but anyways). Without the pandemic I fear that all would have continued as same (summer shows, ACI, GPs...). Now he had time to really think and reinvent himself. As a elite skater and the member of team Japan he won´t have many options regarding the meaningful competitions and he´s going to need competitions for nessie, but at least there is for now an illusion of many options.

I just feel that right now the world is (figuratively, not in reality) open to him and he can choose his own path more freely than before. And I enjoy it very much and can´t wait to see where he is taking himself and us along with him.

The world does work in a mysterious way, doesn't it?

13 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

We've had "Pudding" in the PH glossary for Masquerade costume but calling Yuzu pudding is kind of pudding doing pudding program while pudding prince (ToshI) sings is pudding overload! (or pudding overlord :D )

Oh yeah I've seen that actually but I meant this pudding when he was swaying side to side cause all I've seen for that particular Yuzu was Pendulum Yuzu lol

Small Pudding/Lil Pudding Yuzu is a cuter nickname for that particular Yuzu than Pendulum Yuzu :laughing:

1 hour ago, slzlapelsk said:

I am so disappointed with us Satellites/Fanyus /j

Why has none of us thought of this cute nickname for Yuzu?! :sorrow:

Nice try tho Yuzu anti lmao 

Antis work hard but Fanyus work smart :coolio:

But seriously, pudding Yuzu, or Yuzu pudding, is just the cutest nickname ever. Makes me hungry just thinking about it :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

Now that this... ehm... questionable World Championship has come to an end, I'd like to revive an old project.

Yuzu has said so many thoughtful and memorable things this week... They really deserve to be immortalized on his Wikiquote page imo. I have contacted Axel with Wings and our translation team from last year already :dancingpooh:

However, it would be really great, if you shared your favorite quotes from him (and about him from skaters and commentators as well), so that we have a nice pool to choose from. If you have some good ones from Nationals or any other occasion since October 2020, please feel free to add them, too!

PS: My personal favorite is this one :softYuzu:

Here is the old thread, where we have collected the quotes. I think, it's best, if you add your suggestions here. Thank you so much in advance!

With all the talks about GP selections, I think he has to skip GP overall. It gives him extra pressure, stress and as we know so much injuries. With a nice experience he had this year training by himself, which makes him so satisfied that he is questioning going back to Canada, I think it's so probable that he decides to skip GP. He is basically removing any unnecessary burden to focus on his goals.

8 hours ago, citrusjunos said:

Your comment reminded me of this video :laughing:

Now that Yuzu seems to be more confident about landing the 4A, it's time to bring this back for all the judges out there:

Whoever lands a 4A wins the competition immediately, like catching the Golden Snitch in quidditch. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

6 hours ago, holina said:

Um....better bring a stash of aspirin to comps next season (if we get to go) 😅

This makes me think of how Yuzu’s life story is so “destiny-like”.  For example he got the 1000th Winter Olympics gold medal.  Perhaps he’s destined to land a perfect 4A and win a history making 3rd Olympic gold skating to another Japanese themed FS.  How perfect would that be?

I wouldn’t write him off for Beijing yet, because anything can happen.  The pressure on Nathan to win in Beijing would be soooo much bigger than in 2018 because basically it would be his last shot at Olympic gold (if indeed he is going to focus on his study after), and he would be going in as a heavy favorite with even more pressure from the US media.  While Yuzu would be so chill with 2 OGM in his back pocket already.  

I was actually thinking last night about how ironic it would be if Yuzu went to Beijing because he hadn't landed 4A yet, got the 4A, and won the 3rd gold in the process, more or less unintentionally. And how much it would be like something that would happen to Yuzu. 

As for Nathan, I don't want to make any predictions about how he'll skate in Beijing, but I do think that what we saw in the free skate here at Stockholm is the best he's capable of - and he only accessed that level of his skating because he felt his back was against the wall after the SP. This is a pattern we saw at PyeongChang, too. IMO Nathan is still and will remain beatable for Yuzu, because I don't think Nathan really knows how to pull his own strings the same way Yuzu does.  Once again, it comes down to the mental game. If Nathan's not feeling desperate, he isn't going to be able to pull out that highest level of his skating at all. Whereas Yuzu brings the goods every time. 

4 hours ago, shanshani said:

Now that I think about it I think there's a high likelihood that Yuma picks CoC regardless of whether he gets NHK. It's the most convenient GP for him other than NHK, and CoC and NHK aren't back to back or anything. So:

Option 1: Option 2: Option 3:
Skate America Nathan Nathan Nathan
Skate Canada Yuzu Yuzu Yuzu
Cup of China Yuma Yuma Yuma
IdF Nathan Nathan Yuzu
NHK Yuzu Yuma Yuma
Rostelecom Yuma Yuzu Nathan

Edit: Orr Nathan might pick CoC actually. In which case, nevermind about this :13877886:

I'm personally inclined to pick the first option as what might actually happens, I don't think Yuma will pick NHK he knows that it's risky since we would have three possible scenarios:

1- NHK choose Yuma over Yuzu (which I think maybe the most unlikely option) 

2- NHK pick Yuzu over Yuma 

3- NHK pick both of them (in this case Yuma would have a direct confrontation with Yuzu which is something I think he doesn't want)

Having two options that does not portrait a good scenario for him I don't think Yuma will pick NHK and we also have the fact the he's a younger skater and is not as consolidated as Nathan and Yuzu so trying to pick competitions that both of them are already used to pick wouldn't end up good for him, Yuma picking CoC and Rostelecom would be the best  :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

8 minutes ago, MssSwan said:

I'm personally inclined to pick the first option as what might actually happens, I don't think Yuma will pick NHK he knows that it's risky since we would have three possible scenarios:

1- NHK choose Yuma over Yuzu (which I think maybe the most unlikely option) 

2- NHK pick Yuzu over Yuma 

3- NHK pick both of them (in this case Yuma would have a direct confrontation with Yuzu which is something I think he doesn't want)

Having two options that does not portrait a good scenario for him I don't think Yuma will pick NHK and we also have the fact the he's a younger skater and is not as consolidated as Nathan and Yuzu so trying to pick competitions that both of them are already used to pick wouldn't end up good for him, Yuma picking CoC and Rostelecom would be the best  :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

Number 3 won't happen. First 3 at Worlds can't meet at any GP.

Note: NHK won't be the last event before GPF this year so more time for preparation between NHK and GPF. All the more reasons Yuma might want NHK. As for Yuzu, I honestly have no idea how to predict. He sets his eyes now on that one jump, rather than the comps, so anything can happen, so long as it is on his road :) 

I personally think CoC is going to be the hot ticket this year, especially if it's being held in the same arena as for the Olys, because people will want that warm up event. Yuma and Nathan might both pick it, unless that's against the rules - I can't remember right now. In any case, Nathan would be silly not to, if it's being held in Beijing. 

however, if it's in some other random place, Nathan might not bother. 

On another note, did anyone else take note of what Yuzu said about his skating (beyond 4A)? He said "I'm still improving". In fact, he said it twice. He was at pains to make sure that point got across. He's not r******g anytime soon, not until he's good and ready. And I can't help but feel that he was trying to send a message to JSF and the ISU, which is that they'd be fools to write him off just yet.