General Yuzuru Chat

A big interview with Brian in Russian - in short, he said that in his opinion the Most Valuable Skater category should go to Yuzu, that it was both his and Yuzu’s idea to go back to Chopin and Seimei since the old programs didn’t quite work for the combo, Brian was hurt by what went on around GPF in his insta, but it was Yuzu’s decision to go along with Ghislain for the GPF and Brian learnt it just before Yuzu was leaving, so there wasn’t much he could do. 
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/figureice/2748065.html

I am sure it will get translated, but if it doesn’t within this day I will do it. 

I'd rather Yuzu didn't take any award (refusing to attend the Award is better even), didnt give ISU any credit. A glimpse at the figure skating stars in the future? Now only Japan can give the skaters some 'star' power given their strong interest in the sport and business/marketing involvement in FS. ISU cant make any star.

It sound to me that Brian was abit offended by what happened at GPF, both by Yuzuru's decision and the IG chaos. I understand everyone would mad at those hate comments, but after months I feel he didn't know the core of the situation. But well, what's done is done, I hope it does not affect to his relationship with Yuzuru. 

I rolled my eyes a couple times with this interview, but mostly because of his talk about other skater so I won't go further. And yeah, its like everyone in FS business keep convince people that the awards is amazing and the more they talk, the more it backfire.  

1 hour ago, Katt said:

It sound to me that Brian was abit offended by what happened at GPF, both by Yuzuru's decision and the IG chaos. I understand everyone would mad at those hate comments, but after months I feel he didn't know the core of the situation. But well, what's done is done, I hope it does not affect to his relationship with Yuzuru. 

While i honestly feel it's too much for ppl to jump to his ig to express their anger in the concern of "protecting" Yuzu. All fans worried for him, but its still necessary to keep a distance from Yuzu and his team and their rls. Whatever happened in GPF, he and his team will sort out themselves, it's his life, and none of fans' business, i don't think Yuzu needs any of that concern.

4 hours ago, Fay said:

A big interview with Brian in Russian - in short, he said that in his opinion the Most Valuable Skater category should go to Yuzu, that it was both his and Yuzu’s idea to go back to Chopin and Seimei since the old programs didn’t quite work for the combo, Brian was hurt by what went on around GPF in his insta, but it was Yuzu’s decision to go along with Ghislain for the GPF and Brian learnt it just before Yuzu was leaving, so there wasn’t much he could do. 
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/figureice/2748065.html

I am sure it will get translated, but if it doesn’t within this day I will do it. 

MedvedevaNation has the interview translated on their site. 

7 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

Thank you :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Your version is more complete as the other one skipped a few sections. 

Yes, I thought it made an interesting read as a whole! Looking forward to your comments in the thread - questions, corrections, suggestions etc! Everyone’s welcome with their feedback! 

Thank you very much for translating, Fay!

So many people love hating Brian nowadays and it really bothers me. Reading this interview, I feel again, that TCC is probably the best training place in FS right now, where skaters' individuality is respected, their needs are always taken into account, their skating gets developed with the goal of improving their SKATING and not just racking up points and they are taught to take responsibility for their choices. I think because of that, Brian might sometimes let skaters go with what he suspects is a bad idea, just for them to learn by themselves that it is a bad idea. Which I think is a good approach. He advises his adult skaters, but lets them make their own decisions, whether they are good or bad. I like that, personally.

Also, Brian is a coach, not a spokesperson. He's probably not the best at communicating, but one thing is that he always seems honest. Perhaps too honest, in that he will tell the press the same stuff he probably tells his skaters - like about things they need to improve. I like that honesty, personally. It feels like it's a real person and a real coach talking and not some PR machine.

I also recently read a thread on the Yuna leaving Brian scandal, because I would often see comments about how awful Brian was to Yuna after she left and it was a tiring experience, but the conclusion was that there is a lot of revisionist history, because the only bad thing Brian did, really, was reveal her music and I have no doubt that was just one instance of Brian getting carried away in talking about how awesome her new program was. Though some did seem utterly convinced he did it on purpose to sabotage her. Yuzu said it himself: Brian sometimes doesn't think before speaking. There are people like that and it doesn't make them bad people. Javi had his moments like that, too, and he's still generally quite loved.

Brian instead has often been the target of so much hate... Yuna fans hated him after the split, Yuzu fans hated him when Yuzu first moved to him, then they hated him for Boston, then they hated him for GPF'19, now they're hating him because he's not speaking up for Yuzu against judging issues... I'd honestly never wish to be Brian Orser. And to think that despite those things, which are really NOT that big a deal, he's still an important part of the team that brought Javi to the top of the World and supported Yuna and later Yuzu to Olympic Gold. But sure, a few words he says - or doesn't say - count more than the countless hours and days he's dedicated to all of them.

Personally, I'm more worried about the Yuzu 'team' that we often hear about. What is this team? Who is in it? Shirota? The ANA megane-guy? Who else? What exactly is their role? It often seems like it's Yuzu who makes the decisions and this team as the first line of support, while Brian and TCC are a bit on the outside, being told things on a must-know basis. Brian learning he's not going to GPF the night before leaving is not acceptable, IMO. I'm not sure it was up to Yuzu to tell him - my guess is not, he was probably focusing on his competition, and someone from his team was supposed to communicate - but either way, unacceptable. Someone really dropped the ball there. I'm sure Brian would have been ok with it and perhaps even touched since Yuzu said it was also partly to give Brian a break from traveling, but that it wasn't communicated to him is an issue. And it's not the first time Brian doesn't know what Yuzu's team is up to. Yuzu himself seems as close to his coaches as ever, perhaps even more so than before, so I doubt the communication issues are on his part... But since communication was the main problem in the Boston mess, it concerns me to hear they still exist.

Thankfully, though, we all saw at 4CC that Yuzu still deeply cares about all of his coaches and is still very close to all of them. So, hopefully everything will be just fine until the very end...