General Yuzuru Chat

Guys. Are we seriously going to let one quote from a dubious journalist offset the dozens of other examples, some directly on camera, some directly from Yuzu, proving a growing and good relationship between Yuzu and Brian? A relationship where they have progressed and learned to communicate? 

25 minutes ago, Bilge said:

I just saw this video and it reminded me of this. Is this what you mean?

Hydro's mental theater (and a break from the gloom):

Spoiler

A white marble hall, golden Pooh columns at both sides of a golden carpet extending from the entrance to a platform where a fluffy blue couch stands overlooking the precinct. Yuzuru is leaning lazily on it, playing with his favourite handheld console.

A Pooh shaped drone arrives carrying a basket with a gold coated ice cream cone.

"You order is here, Yuzu-dono" Says a disembodied voice coming from the drone. Yuzu smiles, eyes glittering at the sight of actual edible gold.

He takes the cone and he's about to give it a first lick but... "Wait"

The Pooh-drone halts and goes back to him. "Yes, Yuzu-dono?"

Yuzuru reaches for his Sochi and Pyeongchang gold medals. He puts them on and attacks the golden ice cream, gilding his lips.  He laughs at himself, and laughs because he's just so happy to have edible gold in his hands...

"I am so wearing my medals to the restroom later..."

27 minutes ago, LeadenMyr said:

OMG Prince Yuzu yes

Hip roll yes please :rofl:

And yes to the commentators, photographers, journalists, coaches and other significant people!!! This particularly would help a newcomer understand many things that aren't easy to grasp. 

I would suggest some shows acronyms, too.

Is this OT? I'm not sure xD sorry if it is!! Tell me and I'll change thread.

Also YES to the "overthinking" (does anyone here like Tool? I am suddenly reminded of the song "Lateralus" by the state of this thread RN xD) which is what we are all doing regarding the article xD. I hope everything goes well with all the skaters at TCC. I am a bit worried about the amount of people and how they will distribute them and the training time and whatnot, but I try to think happy thoughts all the time xD.

Show acronyms are on their way, as well as costumes:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: (tho waiting till tomorrow, sorry, gotta go to sleep, it' already late, how is it possible I always forget to look at the clock until it's too late gosh it's right there in the darn corner of my screen:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:)

keep the suggestions coming guys! (suggestions can also go in the Glossary thread, I was asking here to get more contributions:P)

18 minutes ago, Bilge said:

I just saw this video and it reminded me of this. Is this what you mean?

how to ruin an ice cream (and make it look ugly):59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s:

sorry Zu, I do love you I can't be on your side if you commit a crime against ice cream:tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

@OonsieHui is right, but we can't help but overanalyse every little bit of news:13877886:

quoting myself from the Coaching changes thread  'cause why not, it can help :P

23 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

to brighten things up :rofl:

48 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Guys. Are we seriously going to let one quote from a dubious journalist offset the dozens of other examples, some directly on camera, some directly from Yuzu, proving a growing and good relationship between Yuzu and Brian? A relationship where they have progressed and learned to communicate? 

Yes!!! The voice of reason 

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Now I don't know about the others, but these two are definitely A Thing :smiley-laughing021:

Rereading this quote:

It sounds like the following exchange happened:

Phil Hersh: Did you have to ask Yuzu for permission to train Boyang?

Brian: I didn't really ask for permission per se (thinking: who's the coach here?) but I just threw the idea out to him to see if he had any objections. (I.e. "Boyang wants to train at TCC, what do you think?" Yuzu: "Oh okay.") I'm sure if there was an issue, he would have mentioned it.

Phil Hersh's quick-quotes quill: Brian says he didn't bother to ask Yuzu for permission. Seems like he's taking a different approach with Yuzu than he did with Javi...stay tuned for more drama.

So basically Phil Hersh is Rita Skeeter? :laughing:

That one quoted comment has multiple degrees of meaning!

Given the way Orser operates - as he has done so over the years - surely people should trust him that he has his skaters' best interests at heart? Orser is not exactly a fame-seeking guy, he strikes me as a guy who truly wants to train good skaters and create beautiful programs.

People seem a little too ready to make Orser public enemy #1. Too much judgement...too little trust and faith.

Strikes me that people are thinking too much, and creating little fantasies within their head, as they can't live without knowing every little tiny detail. Ladies and gentlemen, that's what the world has devolved to nowadays with its penchant for soundbites - we take a little something, and let it spin into yards of fantastical gold. We ignore the fact that Rumpelstiltskin may turn up one day and exact a price.

At this point I can only pray and hope that Yuzu's going to be healthy and happy whatever his training condition will be.

If he's healthy, I'm almost certain that there is no limit to what he can do and achieve.

I couldn't care less who Brian brings to TCC. In terms of maturity as a skater, I think that Yuzu is mature enough that whoever he chose as a coach, he can still grow as a skater. Staying with Brian is more about familiarity and practicality since being there enables him to have freedom from public and media as well as being close to his main choreographer  (Shae-Lynn and J. Buttle).

21 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

ETA: Mainly, what I'm saying is Brian (and TCC) are media savvy and we should learn to trust them.

Fixed. :biggrin:

Having read through the last three pages, I completely agree @kaeryth. Remember that interview of Tracy (and Brian) where Tracy pointed out that Brian does have a somewhat unique perspective on handling the media and handling pressure? She discussed how Brian was the hope for Canadian Olympic gold but lost the "Battle of the Brians" and missed out and essentially spent many years after that developing a system to cope with the media and with pressure. And then there was that interview re the media blowup due to Javier's comment re homosexuality prior to Sochi, which was unfortunately poor phrased and easily misconstrued - Brian's recollection of that event and the advice he gave to Javier says a lot about Brian's mentality and attitude towards the media, and also shows that Brian is not hesitant to teach his skaters what he learnt of things off the ice as well.

Not that any of the other coaches or choreographers would be slouches themselves when it comes to handling the media, having been champions in their own right. This team is not new to to handling journalists!

All I can say in summary of the majority of the last two or three pages of this thread, is "oh ye of little faith"!