General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Kanazawa Local News and the clip that keeps on giving (I'm still laughing about Javi and the interviewer at the end is a whole mood:laughing: someone at least shove the boy a gold leaf icecream, he's in Kanazawa c'mon :1:

Well... back in 2015 Nobu & Miki talked about gold leaf ice cream... while stealing Yuzu's limelight :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Well... back in 2015 Nobu & Miki talked about gold leaf ice cream... while stealing Yuzu's limelight :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Hide contents

im dying I don't think I've ever seen the full interview or at least the part where yuzu basically admits he's a magpie for golden stuff (did he just say he was interested in tea that has gold in it?) :laughing: (trust the boy with no interest in food to really want to eat gold...which has no taste or nutritional value...just shiny prettiness.... :1:)

3 hours ago, Sammie said:

I read somewhere that his Sochi sp wasn’t even uploaded on that channel until his Birthday.  They might do the same for PC sp? :waffle:

Sochi sp was uploaded a year after to be exact

Btw i'm curious what do you guys think? Which season you'd choose? I can't really

2 hours ago, kaerb said:

im dying I don't think I've ever seen the full interview or at least the part where yuzu basically admits he's a magpie for golden stuff (did he just say he was interested in tea that has gold in it?) :laughing: (trust the boy with no interest in food to really want to eat gold...which has no taste or nutritional value...just shiny prettiness.... :1:)

Well, I guess he doesn't want to eat his gold medals :laughing:

22 時間前, Danibellerikaさんが言いました:

That's why I don't think getting an actual photo of him should be all that difficult. ESPN is ultimately owned by Disney which owns the great Pooh himself. They are not hurting for cash. I really think this was a conscious decision rather than a cost prohibitive one. And it does add a little interest to the back of the magazine. I think they just don't know how to handle a popular male figure skater. Soccer? Gotchu. Basketball? Gotchu. Figure skating? Suddenly uncharted territory, folks :laughing:

Ah, you misunderstood me. I'm thinking that ESPN probably owns most, if not every, image of athletes they ever publish on print but they don't have a single one of Hanyu's because they never bothered covering figure skating outside of the US. I don't think they cover FS in general very much, really. So perhaps when they found that they needed to use several images of him, they realized they didn't have a single one of their own on hand and if they owned the copyright to all the images of all the other athletes, suddenly buying the rights to use the image of just the one from an image agency didn't sit right with them. And being the off season, it's not like there are any events with Hanyu in it they could send their photographers to snap some original pics of the guy in action. So they had to get creative. S'what I think anyway.

That said, the illustrator looked like they had a whole lot of fun drawing that pile of poohs and the ones that are still raining down upon him. Thanks for sharing the pics. :)