General Yuzuru Chat

1 時間前, yuzuoniceさんが言いました:

sorry to bring this up from like 10 pages ago, but if I get this right, Yuzu commented about fanmade MADs at some point? :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01: What exactly was the context?

The gentleman who got to ask the last question asked him if he ever wished that all the Pooh and flowers that get tossed at him were money instead. He used the two winners of the recent Tokyo Marathon who were awarded ¥100,000,000 for their effort. (Note: by comparison, Hanyu himself is only getting awarded ¥5,000,000 for his second Olympic gold) He answered that fans spend a lot, like A LOT, to attend competitions and then he went on to say that he watches fanvids, noting that some of the song choices for some were pretty wild, and it struck him that there's a whole world of fans out there whose voices don't directly reach him because most won't be able to afford or be in the kind of circumstances that would enable them to attend figure skating competitions (other priorities, can't get tickets, etc.) so he wants to take these fans into full account as well when considering those who appreciate what he does, and when he performs, he wants to do it in a way that reaches even fans who aren't physically in the venue cheering him on. So considering all the money fans spent on tickets and gifts, to him it's as good as tossing cold hard cash at him and so long as he's  contributing to the economy, he's happy.

Out of all that, the only thing I chose to take away was the part where he said he watches fanvids because shallow fan is shallow. There are a few fanvids that I enjoy watching and can no longer enjoy without imagining his smirking face now so thanks a lot for the reveal, Hanyu.

1 minute ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

The gentleman who got to ask the last question asked him if he ever wished that all the Pooh and flowers that get tossed at him were money instead. He used the two winners of the recent Tokyo Marathon who were awarded ¥100,000,000 for their effort. (Note: by comparison, Hanyu himself is only getting awarded ¥5,000,000 for his second Olympic gold) He answered that fans spend a lot, like A LOT, to attend competitions and then he went on to say that he watches fanvids, noting that some of the song choices for some were pretty wild, and it struck him that there's a whole world of fans out there whose voices don't directly reach him because most won't be able to afford or be in the kind of circumstances that would enable them to do attend figure skating competitions (other priorities, can't get tickets, etc.)  so he wants to take these fans into full account as well when considering those who appreciate what he does, and when he performs, he wants to do it in a way that reaches even fans who aren't physically in the venue cheering him on. So considering all the money fans spent on tickets and gifts, to him it's as good as tossing cold hard cash at him and so long as he's  contributing to the economy, he's happy.

Out of all that, the only thing I chose to take away was the part where he said he watches fanvids because shallow fan is shallow.

I wonder what wild music ones he saw. :devilYuzu: There are a lot of beautiful fan music vids online, which speaking of which we should probably start looking at music for next season. Anyone want to start the guessing game? Or do we want to save that for the summer doldrums. 

4 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

The gentleman who got to ask the last question asked him if he ever wished that all the Pooh and flowers that get tossed at him were money instead. He used the two winners of the recent Tokyo Marathon who were awarded ¥100,000,000 for their effort. (Note: by comparison, Hanyu himself is only getting awarded ¥5,000,000 for his second Olympic gold) He answered that fans spend a lot, like A LOT, to attend competitions and then he went on to say that he watches fanvids, noting that some of the song choices for some were pretty wild, and it struck him that there's a whole world of fans out there whose voices don't directly reach him because most won't be able to afford or be in the kind of circumstances that would enable them to do attend figure skating competitions (other priorities, can't get tickets, etc.)  so he wants to take these fans into full account as well when considering those who appreciate what he does, and when he performs, he wants to do it in a way that reaches even fans who aren't physically in the venue cheering him on. So considering all the money fans spent on tickets and gifts, to him it's as good as tossing cold hard cash at him and so long as he's  contributing to the economy, he's happy.

Out of all that, the only thing I chose to take away was the part where he said he watches fanvids because shallow fan is shallow.

:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I should start watching more fanvids because I want to watch what he watch, lol. (And unlike Yuzu I've given up on Tokyo Ghoul after a great 1st season and an okay 2nd season.)

Or maybe I can be bothered to finally make a fanvid, what with all the trouble I go to collect so many of his videos.

Wonder if he likes some on the music though. Ooh, Yuzu is such a lurker.

Hopefully he steers clear of the shipping vids though.

4 часа назад, wpisces сказал:

I read some parts from Zhenya interview and they asked her some ridiculous questions about Yuzu like how she met him. I can't get it. They compete in the same sport, of course they know each other and have some interactions. Media think there is something between them two or so ? :P:P

Alexey Yagudin asked her in today interview if she likes someone and she answered that She didn't answer to that kind of questions

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

We need a WC 2018 pre comp thread bc, look, the schedule is out! :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

Worlds for men is also beginning at 10:00 for both SP and FS. Yes, let's put the guys doing quads as the earliest segment competing... 

14 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Worlds for men is also beginning at 10:00 for both SP and FS. Yes, let's put the guys doing quads as the earliest segment competing... 

This schedule doesn't make any sense, unless they anticipate most of east asia watching this at 7-9 pm? Because this works out to be about 4 am in the US. 

The pairs schedule is insane...they last until 11 pm for the short, and then have to start practicing at 8 am the next day (though later groups don't practice until 10 am). 

4 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

This is based on something from Asaichi: although Yuzu is not an idol, I think in general, people treat him a little bit like one, anyway. In Asaichi, when it came to touching his hair, the female moderator said it's better if she doesn't, since his fans might mind it, and it was Inohara who did it, to see if it's hard or not. That's the same as idols, keep females away from touching the popular males, just to be safe. I don't know if Yuzu's hovering arms are for the same reason, but they fit in the same pattern. So for that reason, I'm not sure Yuzu will get paired with girls and even less with girls his age - or close to it - even in ice shows. And it might be even less from now on, since his popularity will increase again. And this is as much to keep the crazier fans - if they exist, which I hope they don't - satisfied, as it is to protect the girls - because when it comes to male idols, girls who end up connected to them often get bashed and harassed by angry fangirls. I like to think Yuzu doesn't have fans like that, but it could be a standard Japanese approach by now. Better safe than sorry. Though of course, this is just my guess as to a possible reason why we don't see that much.

Yuzu is aware of it! about how some fans are treating him like idols even thou he isn't one. When being asked about "having his own family" in recent press-con, he said even thou he isn't an idol, he knows some fans might feel betrayed with that idea, so now he's just satisfied sharing his happiness/difficulties w everyone like this etc. smt along the line. So I'm sure he's aware of not interacting too closely w girls in public, and his team, ofc, know it well too.

This pic is so iconic, good meme to throw at US media or anyone who question his legend status :darklordyuzu:

1 hour ago, Fresca said:

I agree and also thought the post of @meoima was a great explanation of Yuzu's senpai actions to the younger team members. People are free to have their own beliefs but the below sums up my thoughts on it.

"Any man who must say, "I am the king," is no true king."

One more thing,

Mao Asada used to be sad that the younger skaters didn’t react to her much. Kanako did, but she’s childhood friend with Mao so it didn’t matter. The rest of Japanese young skaters didn’t interact with Mao so much. It’s not because Mao did anything wrong. It’s because of her seniority, longevity and her legendary status. Younger teammates dare not (frankly they dare not) act so casually before Mao. 

Mao did complain about that (to call it complain is a bit much but still she was like kinda sad because the young skaters didn’t act more casually to her). Mao was like over the moon when Satoko grabbed her hands or something. Mao didn’t know that the young skaters respect her seniority, and that she’s a huge legend before them. In a way, it’s kinda “not respectful” if they treat Mao like a peer, in their opinions. 

The seniority is treated very serious in Japanese hierarchy system. Yuzuru after Sochi was already a legend but he didn’t give people the vibe of seniority since there’s still Machida, Kozuka. Now he is truly a pretty much the highest senior in Japan team among both men and ladies singles (ice dance and pair didn’t appear in public much). 

Naturally, it’s Yuzuru’s time to act up as a senior. It’s almost his duty to act as a senior. If you remember the Yuzuru/Nobu/Shoma talk 2 seasons ago, they did say seniority wasn’t that much of a big deal in the skating world but IMO that’s just Yuzuru’s way of trying to ease down (and Nobu retired already so it doesn’t count much). Don’t be shocked if in the future, you see young skaters do not speak a word to Yuzuru other than “thank you” or “I will try my best”. In a way, the current team members of team Japan might be the last generation that can act so freely towards Yuzuru since they have known and interacted with Yuzuru for a while. 

In fact, I think Yuzuru might be very happy that he has kohai who are still acting casually and freely towards him. 

Last but not least, when I was working as a guide at the stadium during my college years, some Japanese athletes even scolded me when I made some jokes to their senior. In my culture, those jokes are harmless and casual, nothing serious, but “kohai” or the younger Japanese athletes would not see it that way. Their “senpai” aka seniors are supposed to be respected like leaders and that’s it.

In turn, seniors are supposed to be in charge of all situations, to show the guidance and that’s it. I was supposed to report to the senior athletes, not the younger members in the team. It’s pretty much not written in words but they’re all expected to be that way. I think Yuzuru pretty much loves the senior role because Satoko and Shoma and other members in team Japan are all younger, pretty cute like small children to him. I think he really enjoys the role of a caring leader. He loves children after all. He will be a good coach.

18 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

and from here pages and pages of chat :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I have said my words about this matter several pages before.

I respect Iron Klaus for her efforts in translation but this case in my opinion she didn’t handle it well and people keep quoting her despite the fact she “translated” some paraphrasing words from a 3rd source.