General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Altie said:

Well, that single axel IS a thing of beauty :)

And I'm pretty sure it's great to train height and distance on the axel... to prepare you-know-what :party2:

:iagree:I like this single Axel more than many quads I've seen this season. 

Is axel a possible 2nd jump in combination? As in, will it be considered a jump combination, or a jump sequence?

I am still tripped about starting and landing edges - although I at least know that flip-lutz combination is only possible if a skater can rotate in both directions.

21 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Is axel a possible 2nd jump in combination? As in, will it be considered a jump combination, or a jump sequence?

I am still tripped about starting and landing edges - although I at least know that flip-lutz combination is only possible if a skater can rotate in both directions.

Sequence

Combo must takeoff with the same landing edges (cleanly) otherwise not counted, some of Yuzuru's combo were also not counted because some strict tech panel consider he slip from his edges when landing etc

Also, the tweet above, what he landed was 4T+3A seq not 3A4T. It is still impressive. But Yuzuru is more of an edge-jumper, what you would see from him is likely -lo-4S combo rather than a -4T combo. Beside, after his lysfranc injury, even if he is able to do this, I don't want him to attempt that, like ever. 

5 minutes ago, Yolo3a said:

Oh thank god mama orser got to him in time and tamed him a bit. What a wild child

My friend, he did 4T3A3A after he went to Orser. Then he also landed 4TLo3S combo in the 2nd half of his program this year...

THIS GUY CONTINUES TO HAVE NO CHILL

11 minutes ago, the50person said:

A qn:

In a survival game, like those in mangas, do you think Yuzu will survive? What if the other participants are the rest of the top 6?

He'd take on a leader role immediately and coordinate the construction of a survival shelter and hunting duties, but basically be unable to do any of those things himself. Oh wait, do you mean survival of the fittest a la Battle Royale or survival of the group?

On 2017/5/17 at 午後7時1分, axelnojutsu said:

:devilYuzuf:

jokes aside though I just hope whatever he does / plans to do he stays healthy and doesn't injure himself :fingerscrossed:

The truth is, he said it seriously in the recent press conference.  But rest assured, he also said "sho-rai", which means "in (some) future".  He also said clearly he has no intention of adopting 4A or even 4Lz for the coming season.  He's a very clever young man.  Trust him!! :BeatingHeart:

29 minutes ago, the50person said:

A qn:

In a survival game, like those in mangas, do you think Yuzu will survive? What if the other participants are the rest of the top 6?

He would definitely win. Have you seen his serial killer look? No one would even see it coming. 

42 minutes ago, the50person said:

A qn:

Hmmm.. In a Battle Royale type scenario I think Yuzu would win hands down.. boy's got killer instincts. I'd say Yuzu>Patrick>Javi>Nathan>Boyang>Shoma. There's no particular reason just my gut feeling. haha...

In a build shelter and survive the elements type scenario he's not gonna last. hahaha.. I'd say... Javi>Everyone else. But.. you'd never know. Yuzu can be very competitive. He's intuitive and seems like a quick learner as well.

12 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Hmmm.. In a Battle Royale type scenario I think Yuzu would win hands down.. boy's got killer instincts. I'd say Yuzu>Patrick>Javi>Nathan>Boyang>Shoma. There's no particular reason just my gut feeling. haha...

In a build shelter and survive the elements type scenario he's not gonna last. hahaha.. I'd say... Javi>Everyone else. But.. you'd never know. Yuzu can be very competitive. He's intuitive and seems like a quick learner as well.

mmm... I'm pretty sure Shoma has killer instincts almost as much as Yuzu. don't trust those puppy eyes :)

I'd say Yuzu > Shoma > Nathan > Patrick > Javi > Boyang :)

5 minutes ago, Altie said:

mmm... I'm pretty sure Shoma has killer instincts almost as much as Yuzu. don't trust those puppy eyes :)

I'd say Yuzu > Shoma > Nathan > Patrick > Javi > Boyang :)

Maybe.. but I was basing it on their off ice personality. Plus Shoma seems to always look sleepy (and I think I read a translation of an interview that his normal sleeping duration is 10 hrs??). They just have to wait for him to take a nap. hahaha....

57 minutes ago, Neenah said:

If it is a battle royal kind of game, he will be the first killed.. Any of the others will know they need to get rid of him if they want a chance at winning, so they will all go after him first

Is this a metaphor for the current situation with Skating Federations and Yuzuru??? :rofl: