General Yuzuru Chat

Im not really mad at the nathan hype right now, you know how USA play 😞 what i dont like is how everyone forget about javi and boyang. Esp Boyang, that precious kid is also powerful and i have great that feeling he will be in the podium..

My dream podium:

Gold : Yuzu (of course)

Silver : Boyang

Bronze : Shoma/Javi/Patrick

Nathan is good but he is lacking on the artistics side. He is below these guys. 

40 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Why do I feel like a huge troll is gonna drop down on us? I mean he's really not gonna even do the 4Lo???

He's playing with our brains omg :facepalm:

Maybe he'll greet Brian afterwards with a 'You did smooth.' and 'Everything is still going as plan.' look on his face.

It's particularly annoying when of the three of them Boyang is the one making actual progress ( particularly impressive given the choreography he's having to work with in his FS)-  Nathan looked as though he might at the start of the season but when the jumps come in the window the rest seems to fly out of it.  Of the three of them he has the best choreo but he doesn't seem to appreciate or respect it.   Shoma needs a choreo makeover - perhaps this is the sort of thing we would have seen if Yuzuru had stayed within his comfort zone with Nanami Abe and not struck out to Canada.

13 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Especially annoying when it's just Nathan's second year and he has SO MUCH potential to be so good if he stays till the next Olympics. Boyang, Shoma (thrice) and Javi have beaten Nathan's top score this season (other than US Nats). Nathan is not a shoo-in for the gold even without Yuzu.

Well, they never mention that Javi did beat him at JO. I guess that its not ISU comp but neither US Nats :laughing:. At first I'm a bit worried about the way Brian hype Yuzu up, but after reading a few US articles, its nothing. I should stop clicking those articles for my sanity. Its all about Nathan vs Yuzu ( with Shoma appear sometimes) and I'm not buying those Boyang/Javi erasure :P

hace 3 minutos , VyVy99 said:

Why do I feel like a huge troll is gonna drop down on us? I mean he's really not gonna even do the 4Lo???

He's playing with our brains omg :facepalm:

Maybe he'll greet Brian afterwards with a 'You did smooth.' and 'Everything is still going as plan.' look on his face.

I am not sure about trolling because we also have to be realistic with 1(one) month of on-ice training and 2-3 weeks of jumping quads, so Brian probably is saying the truth here.  

But I have no doubt that all the updates Brian gave us since his arrival are part of the plan and had been discussed beforehand at TCC.

2 minutes ago, Katt said:

Well, they never mention that Javi did beat him at JO. I guess that its not ISU comp but neither US Nats :laughing:. At first I'm a bit worried about the way Brian hype Yuzu up, but after reading a few US articles, its nothing. I should stop clicking those articles for my sanity :biggrin:

I don't think Brian is hyping Yuzu, he's just saying how he feels about him. well.. he just spoke out more this time, may be a revenge to US media for annoying him. 

10 minutes ago, ThiriYuzu said:

I don't think Brian is hyping Yuzu, he's just saying how he feels about him. well.. he just spoke out more this time, may be a revenge to US media for annoying him. 

Yes, he's the one who watch over Yuzu for the past 3 months, I think there must be a reason that he's so confidence about Yuzu's condition like that.  His interview cleared alot of doubts and worries and remind people that "Yuzuru's coming". Still, its his way to PR his students and I'm perfectly fine with it. Its a coach's job after all. Olympics is not all about what skaters deliver on the ice on D-day. Its a big politics game and Brian knows it. 

21 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Shoma needs a choreo makeover - perhaps this is the sort of thing we would have seen if Yuzuru had stayed within his comfort zone with Nanami Abe and not struck out to Canada.

Nah, I don't think Yuzu would end up that direction. From his interviews, it seems his musicality cannot be contained, it'll burst out sooner or later. Plus he's opinionated, and a bit OCD about how *he* wants to skate. This seems a bit different from Nate, Shoma and even Boyang-at the very least the latter 3 have not stated what their ideal in skating is, I think; with only Boyang so far saying he chose and insisted on his SP music. That ideal about transitions and difficulty was already in his mind from the time he was with Tuzuki (sp?) sensei. Plus you factor in that Nanami sensei is a choreographer too, and I don't think we'd be too far from now. Maybe a bit slower progress wise, but at some point arrive at the same place.

But overall, the younger guys in their 2nd/3rd season seem artistically *behind* Yuzu when he was in his 2nd/3rd season in seniors level. At the very least that's my impression. 

7 minutes ago, Hanmgse said:

I really doubt Yuzuru is not doing 4Lo, might be a press tactic idk.

Same. The 4-quad layout without a 4Lo means the BV is too low because he's forced to do a 3Lo. Unless he backloads all the quads, and even then it's still on the low side. Yuzu will never go for that. I'm pretty sure he's going with either the H&L or 5-quad layout. 

On 13.12.2017 at 3:14 AM, robin said:

Hey guys,

We've been getting some reports about posts being off-topic lately, some of which do not correctly identify OT posts. We are of course more than welcoming to reports as these release some of our workload so to make reports more efficient we want to iterate some of our modding guidelines. The following are specific to the General Yuzuru Thread:

A post is off-topic on the General Yuzuru Thread if it contains mentions of skaters that are not Yuzuru in addition to not being even tangentially related to Yuzuru.

So for example comparisons to Yuzuru or talk about the friendship between Yuzuru and another skater are completely fine on this thread. The mention of another skater alone does not make a post off-topic.

Furthermore we take action only if an off-topic discussion stretches for more than 3-4 posts. That's when we may post a reminder referring to the appropriate threads where the discussion can be continued. Only in very severe cases do we discuss moving posts to the appropriate threads retroactively.

I hope this helps you guys in both making accurate reports and also in keeping the General Yuzuru Thread organized. Thank you!! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Quoting myself here as we've just had an influx of OT reports that mis-identified posts as OT :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

To reiterate, if the discussion relates to Yuzuru and the post mentions him by his name, the post is not considered OT on this thread. Thanks!

It is possible that Brian is casting doubt on the 4Lo because it sounds quite plausible (we're mostly believing it, aren't we), and it makes the idea of a clean Yuzu across two skates quite likely. That would prompt any gold contender with undecided layout to realise that they do absolutely need to go clean. It's the only way to beat a clean Yuzu. That might make them consider using a lower BV layout as their main plan, with anything else as backup. And then Yuzu might do the 4Lo anyway.

Possible. Is it likely that he's trying a kind of double bluff like that? I dunno, might depend on just how much the TCC erasure annoyed Brian, I suppose.

9 minutes ago, guitarist said:

Same. The 4-quad layout without a 4Lo means the BV is too low because he's forced to do a 3Lo. Unless he backloads all the quads, and even then it's still on the low side. Yuzu will never go for that. I'm pretty sure he's going with either the H&L or 5-quad layout. 

Didn't Brian say Yuzu has been practicing 3 versions? so.. it can be anything depending on successful run-throughs and his condition I guess. 

I just don't think his level of  :salty: can handle more than skipping the 4Lutz. 

And Brian did say that all the jumps excluding 4Lutz are going really well so I do believe we're having a case of smoke bomb here. You know, throwing all sorts of contradicting infos here and there. So yeah I agree with the 

8 minutes ago, ThiriYuzu said:

Didn't Brian say Yuzu has been practicing 3 versions? so.. it can be anything depending on success run-through and his condition I guess. 

But no 4Lo is really hard to believe.