General Yuzuru Chat

4 часа назад, KatjaThera сказал:

And more :offtopic: but in line with my previous OT moment: last night, my father showed me pictures of a pair of swans swimming on the river behind our countryside house. Signs, signs everywhere! :knc_yuzu1:

And I just became Romeo and Juliet in time for Olys, hope it's a good sign :fingerscrossed: *especially after that NHK docu*

8 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

Sendai city will stream Olympic men’s free skating on 2/17 on City Sport Center’s big screen. Entrance is free and citizens can gather to watch and cheer Yuzu on together. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

What a wonderful hometown... No wonder the city produces someone like Yuzu. :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

I need to go to Sendai again... I didn't really get to feel that warm city when I went there last year and I really, really want to... I love Sendai loving Yuzu so much... (the other day I was watching that Pandalion support project for Sochi again and it made me cry again...)

37 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Salty Brian :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:But I don't think FS world forgot about Yuzu, actually during GPF a lot of people/commentators missed him a lot :smile:

Really? I don't know if its so directed at commentators or more specifically at the english speaking (and specifically US) media, plus the judges. We haven't seen good quality skating at international competitions for a while- exceptions being maybe Dima at EC and Boyang at 4CC. And its been a while, plus with the focus on national competitions especially in NA, and Yuzu (and even Javi) have been semi written off by more mainstream media. The attention has been Nats Nats Nats for a while, even a more recent New Yorker (or was it NYT) article focused on Jason Brown vs Nathan Chen, ignoring other artistic skaters like Patrick, Javi and Yuzu.

It's a timely reminder for people to wipe their rose colored glasses and look beyond the Nats-flation scores and stare at the reality of the international layout. Afterall, the last 4 World Championships were won by TCC skaters, which seems to be something media forgets once in a while.

1 hour ago, PomeloPooh said:

Sendai city will stream Olympic men’s free skating on 2/17 on City Sport Center’s big screen. Entrance is free and citizens can gather to watch and cheer Yuzu on together. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

What a wonderful hometown... No wonder the city produces someone like Yuzu. :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

Now, Imagine that mushroom who Yolo-ed 3A as the final jump at his Junior competition (yep, i do mean Shun Sato) getting to sit and watch the Olys with the whole town, knowing that this guy slaying skating right now was once similiar smol mushroom, from same town... Forget Helsinki, THAT will be ultimate Hope & Legacy!

48 minutes ago, Xen said:

Really? I don't know if its so directed at commentators or more specifically at the english speaking (and specifically US) media, plus the judges. We haven't seen good quality skating at international competitions for a while- exceptions being maybe Dima at EC and Boyang at 4CC. And its been a while, plus with the focus on national competitions especially in NA, and Yuzu (and even Javi) have been semi written off by more mainstream media. The attention has been Nats Nats Nats for a while, even a more recent New Yorker (or was it NYT) article focused on Jason Brown vs Nathan Chen, ignoring other artistic skaters like Patrick, Javi and Yuzu.

It's a timely reminder for people to wipe their rose colored glasses and look beyond the Nats-flation scores and stare at the reality of the international layout. Afterall, the last 4 World Championships were won by TCC skaters, which seems to be something media forgets once in a while.

And the man who has won them before TCC is also a non-American...and competing!Even if with much less love from judges apparently...

1 hour ago, Floria said:

I wish they left Nathan alone so he could train?  He's trying really hard to maintain focus on himself and not other skaters, and yet media keeps on trying to drag his concentration away. 

1 hour ago, Aotoshiro said:

And the man who has won them before TCC is also a non-American...and competing!Even if with much less love from judges apparently...

Hmm, I don't know. The thing that is interesting about this season is how a lot of the "artistic" skaters like Javi, Patrick and Yuzu got sidelined due to injuries, loss of confidence etc. Judges are humans, and humans like to compare and contrast. When everything looks about the same, you have to differentiate a bit between the sameness, that's what judges are suppose to do for the competitions. So imagine what may happen if these somewhat deprived judges finally get to see a clean/more clean Patrick, Javi and Yuzu in competition in contrast against the quadsters? Who knows, maybe they'll have an experience like tasting proper home cooked comfort food after weeks of McDonald's. For all we know, the PCs gap between Patrick/Javi/Yuzu and the rest might actually increase rather than decrease. You don't know what to treasure until you miss it for a long time right? 

12 hours ago, honeytea said:

cinemacoconut,calm down.. I'm usually lurker but, I signed in this time for replying. Yes, I'm Korean,too. And I know this nation's approach or atmosphere for figure skating.. so nationalistic and  aggressive.. esp for JPN, RUS contenter skaters..Also DAUM site is famous for being sucks..of figure skating articles , prejudiced political view and  incomptable whose fan users.. Yuzuru is the most well known Japanese skater this olympic to Korean public since Mao, and Media used him for both good and bad attentions.. I really disliked how to korea media deal with yuzuru.. focusing marketing boost for OLY'S attention ex. ticket sales
Imagine If he is lady skater or Cha is main contenter for podium..the whole nightmare may happen..( * Cha's youtube comments already : he's better than hanyu in Korean..) And I know Most of Koreans are Yuna fan. 80% of Korean people think she's a figureskating godness and don't even know her trade mark jumps. they only see figureskating once during four years. Korean publics only know triple axel (media's effect since due to mao rivalary) haha.  And I guess there are two kinds of yuna fans. First, who are her devoted her fan, at the same time figureskating fan respecting other skaters regardless of nationality. Other kind of  fans are just reckless of many things.. I know yuzu's Korean fan site had only one rule which is not allowed to post yuna related post,comment... for preventing misunerstanding and fan wars.
so I think it's ok unless yuzuru knows Korean and reads Korean news comments. Now we should focus not media, hater comments, rival but his adjustment and journey.  So I recommend that you don't go that site and don't feel irritated. I have a plan that I won't find any Korean news during olys lol for my poor heart. And request for not using tendentious wording on this site.. please, let this place peaceful at least. 
sorry for my English.

Thank you as a fellow Korean I am suprised and grateful that a fellow Korean shares and understands my distress. I am appauled by the hate majority in Daum and their ridiculous and violent opinions.