General Yuzuru Chat

3 часа назад, ralucutzagy сказал:

AERA photo shooting ! :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:Love the fluffy hair! 

Fluffy hair are nice! <3

Though the combo of turtleneck and oversized shirt I don't understand :confused: *I just must live with the fact that I don't get Japanese fashion*

3 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Me suddenly realising that Javi has an excellent chance of podium if he skates clean.

Honestly, I think Javi no longer being world champion has taken a hit on his scores. He skated clean or near-clean in his SP this season a couple times but he never got near his PB even though his layout is the same. But yes, if he skates clean and Nathan skates clean with his 5(??) quads I think Javi will still come out on top. But Javi's stamina has not been good in the FS lately and it's only been a few weeks since Euros, not sure if he's improved drastically since then.

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

This is wonderful! (and you even captured his antenna :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:). I do hope his suit fits.. :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

Thank you! I guess drawing the antenna came naturally, lol and there were two versions of Japan's official olympic outfit, both suits would look great on him! :smiley-love017:  (I wonder how large the crowd will actually be when Yuzu arrives at South Korea's airport!!)

Brian has arrived (or arriving) to PC today. He will go to Gangneung soon and stay in the Olympic Village.

ETA It's an automatic translation, I am not 100% sure.

ETA

I feel sorry for Jun Hwan but at the same time I am glad that Yuzu chose to stay in Toronto as long as possible with all those flu and extreme cold reports from PC.

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

I love this part:

Spoiler

If Hanyu and Fernández are on their A-games, Chen will need a higher level of artistry than he has currently exhibited if he hopes to challenge for gold in PyeongChang. But, if he can remain focused, stay on his feet and execute his solid technical repertoire, he has a very good chance of capturing a medal. What color? If Hanyu is firing on all cylinders, Chen will be in the hunt for silver or bronze.

Basically, it says what we already know, that no matter what PR machine produces, everybody chases the 'sidelined, passe, ruining the sport' Yuzuru.

I guess the author will be adding his pooh to the avalanche in individuals...

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Honestly, I think Javi no longer being world champion has taken a hit on his scores. He skated clean or near-clean in his SP this season a couple times but he never got near his PB even though his layout is the same. But yes, if he skates clean and Nathan skates clean with his 5(??) quads I think Javi will still come out on top. But Javi's stamina has not been good in the FS lately and it's only been a few weeks since Euros, not sure if he's improved drastically since then.

He needs to skate clean to have a chance and he hasn't had a clean FS so far, has he? He didn't seem his usual self anywhere. And yet he did win a GP event, so...

Honestly, it feels like judging is geared towards getting the younger guys up. I'm still not over Patrick Chan's PCS at Skate Canada, terrible free skate or not. Even the short got him lower than Shoma's PCS by a fraction. I guess looking at it that way, we should be glad that Yuzu's stock hasn't fallen. Though his popSeimei did only get him 89.5 AND he got a ! on his 3F.

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I'm not sure if I agree? He's had some very shaky performances in his FS and still gotten very good PCS. Heck, he's gotten better PCS than Yuzu in his CoR FS with worse TES than Yuzu had, though that was at Europeans, which are a Javi lovefest no matter what. :laughing: And he hasn't had as good a score in his SP compared to Worlds because landings on some of his jumps in those SPs were less secure than they were at Worlds. Plus the momentum at Worlds was kind of crazy. 

I do think at least the European judges who will be at Olympics will be throwing scores at him if he goes clean.

34 minutes ago, Floria said:

Haha...oh gods, Stojko a Fanyu? But it is very nice to hear these words from someone not so enmeshed with the media these days. Hmm, I wonder if we should expect more neutral judging from Canadians this Olys in the men's, since they don't really have a skater to contend for a top 3 spot, especially if no one splats a lot. 

16 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

He needs to skate clean to have a chance and he hasn't had a clean FS so far, has he? He didn't seem his usual self anywhere. And yet he did win a GP event, so...

Honestly, it feels like judging is geared towards getting the younger guys up. I'm still not over Patrick Chan's PCS at Skate Canada, terrible free skate or not. Even the short got him lower than Shoma's PCS by a fraction. I guess looking at it that way, we should be glad that Yuzu's stock hasn't fallen. Though his popSeimei did only get him 89.5 AND he got a ! on his 3F.

I think I mentioned in the Gen skating chat before, that Yuzu is the "default" choice for everyone when he goes clean (or goes cleaner than others). His scores are "pure" in that we can trust it to almost reflect his actual scores(well his actual scores should be higher>_>), not something other men can claim that easily.

hace 9 minutos , WinForPooh said:

Though his popSeimei did only get him 89.5 AND he got a ! on his 3F.

He never gets high PCS in Canada anyway...Even his ACI Chopin got 48.5. 

As for Javi, I am starting to feel that judges don't like him as much as last season. It's true, he won GP event, because Shoma did even worse, but he is struggling with his FS still.