General Yuzuru Chat

1 час назад, raebia сказал:

(Vodka AND coffee??:rofl:]

coffee goes better with whisky/cognac :drinkcoffee:

Ok, with all this talk I can get drunk already this weekend... and here I wanted to stay calm at lest until Yuzu's arrival to PC :13877886:

39 минут назад, robin сказал:

Am I the only one relieved the comps will be in the middle of the night for me?

At least better than during working day in the office. Though in the evening (like Sochi) would be ideal of course.

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Yata....thanks for the reminder. We need to program the pooh droids to do extra duty soon, and dig enough irrigation ditches. In 10 days, we need to prepare for a giant massive flash flood. 

Speaking of floods, since we're such dry cacti, would the sudden onslaught of water kill us? o_O

We'll turn into sponges and heroically save the planet with our own bodies! kill my imagination pls.

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

I also don't drink coffee. Well, not often. I will probably consume entirely too much chocolate, though. It's my coping mechanism, though it does not allow me to be dead to the world or way too excited to function like the other two. 

2 hours ago, Neenah said:

I am joining you in the chocolate corner as I don't drink and don't like coffee :P

I did actually eat a large box of chocolate by myself during the ladies free at Japanese Nationals, so it is not new for me and I guarantee it works :2thumbsup:

At least until you check your weight later :biggrin: 

I'm joining you two, with advantage of no weight changes even after entirely too much chocolate!

2 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

I'll be watching/following everything in real time, but the anxiety of waiting might mean that I go through the nice alcohol cabinet I've been building for the last couple of months before the programmes even start. On the bright side, I'm apparently an entertaining happy drunk, so if Yuzu does it, it'll be a real party.

How???Aren't you in my timezone? Are we going to die in together in the middle of the night? I just warned my roommate that she's not going to sleep peacefully in February...

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

All events are super early here, too... and after the short programs, both team men and single men (and free team men, too, if we become interested in that), I have work... :sadPooh: (And after the free, I technically have Japanese class...) I also don't drink, alcohol or coffee and I'm not big on chocolate either... But I doubt I'd be able to ingest anything from nervousness anyway... (but if things go well, I shall certainly celebrate at work, somehow!)

Is the teacher a native? If they are, and Yuzu and/or Shoma place as predicted, you shouldn't worry AT ALL (unless it's a bit different than with baseball, I remember sensei discussing effects of latest baseball game with only two boys in our class, that thankfully were also interested in it, when his favorite team played, or something...)

1 hour ago, ruruzest said:

What can I do coping with Olympic ?????:animated-smileys-cheeky-053:

I don’t drink alcohol or coffee. I don’t really eat chocolate ( I’m that boring :biggrin:) so I’ll be ded at the time without help then. :13877886:

sugar comes in many versions...dried fruits? they're chewy so additional bonus of relaxing motion... or citruses that need peeling (who mentioned tangerines?)

1 hour ago, ruruzest said:

None of those , I do eat pumpkin seeds though !

but only during relaxed time , not THAt time !

now seeing everyone has their own coping aides , I feel panicky :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:  

never knew I need one before :animated-smileys-cheeky-053:

fried sunflower seeds? I don't like the taste but my mom says it does remind her of pumpkin seeds while not being them entirely...

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

I don't drink coffee or alcohol and chocolate doesn't calm me...

Help

sugar, and pooh, and strong tea, and at least SOME snacks (something crunchy? It is supposed to help with the ringing in your ears when you're nervous...or is that only me?)

54 minutes ago, cirelle said:

And then also being capable of going to work the next morning. :idk:

Just checked the dates and I'M BLESSED I TELL YOU. Individual men's event start the night after my final test (now only not to fail it...latin is hard :13877886: Can wwe make a support thread for those in the exam period during PyeongChang?), Team Events happen just after and before one of them (now, to hope I don't have to retake anything in the meantime...)

49 minutes ago, Sammie said:

:darklordyuzu:

Mickey sweatdropped at Javier's hotel room bed, while sensing that somewhere, on the other side of the globe, his co-support tissue cover Pooh smirked in satisfaction, purring at the hand petting him.

34 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I can't imagine anyone but the cat will be keeping me company - it will puzzle him even more than the odd morning session of skating on the tv.

I wonder what wil be worse-sitting on the corridor just outside my room, bc that's where wifi still connects, or try to constrain any squeals I might want to make in my bed, with my sleeping roommate like two metres away (we're in better situation than most exchange students actually, normally it's barely a meter between the beds..)

Aaaand, I forgot to put that under spoiler, so I guess this post is now officially another page...

22 minutes ago, robin said:

Honestly I am just fooling myself that I'll manage. I am already behind with everything and olys hasn't even started, yet :13877886:

8 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I've just marked the times on my diary- everything begins at 1 in the morning- it looks so much worse blocked out like that- 🐼

4 in the morning for me - hallelujah! I love getting up at that time!!!

2 hours ago, robin said:

That way I can go on about my academic responisiblities during the day as usual....

My problem won't even be the lack of sleep. I can do without sleep. What I cannot, absolutely not do is study about the Ming dinasty and other Ancient Oriental history stuff while the adrenaline of the Olympics runs through my veins at the speed of over 9000 miles per hour.

Just now, Murieleirum said:

My problem won't even be the lack of sleep. I can do without sleep. What I cannot, absolutely not do is study about the Ming dinasty and other Ancient Oriental history stuff while the adrenaline of the Olympics runs through my veins at the speed of over 9000 miles per hour.

Try teaching Middle English then... like I will have to!