General Yuzuru Chat

Guys I saw a twitter that say something like "yuzu and pchan finally get along" I have known some pchan mouth skill but I'm curious, Did they not get along well? Like in real life

It is next to impossible for Yuzuru to not get along with anyone lol. I think they just previously didn't know each other very well, and....Patrick seemed to have some mental trauma regarding Yuzuru (totally understandable) but it's been years... he probably mellowed out.

Guys I saw a twitter that say something like "yuzu and pchan finally get along" I have known some pchan mouth skill but I'm curious, Did they not get along well? Like in real life

It is next to impossible for Yuzuru to not get along with anyone lol. I think they just previously didn't know each other very well, and....Patrick seemed to have some mental trauma regarding Yuzuru (totally understandable) but it's been years... he probably mellowed out.

Oh...Seem I forget how friendly Yuzu is :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: Patrick seem to be nice guy too :yay: Thanks for answer my curiosity

And from my understanding, back before Patrick took some time off, Yuzu was the young upstart coming in to threaten Patrick's turf. Then he lost the OGM and was probably a bit bitter about it. But age and time seems to have mellowed this awkwardness between them out since they're not each other's most direct competition anymore (except for Skate Canada's tradition of Yuzu bombing enough to let Patrick win), Yuzu's english seems to have improved, and they have the common ground of both being shook by Nathan, so they're more talkative.

Patrick has always been a nice guy. He is just not good with his mouth. He does not play political correctness and he gets hate because of that.

And Yuzuru's English made it harder for them to talk anyway.

I see,languege barrier is one of the reason.

But sorry....what is "political correctness" Sorry for asking again :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think Yuzuru's english is not actually awful. His listening is quite good - he can understand all kinds of questions asked in heavily accented English during press conferences lol. He has also been seen conversing with skaters from many countries so while he's not fluent other people (and Brian) can at least understand him. I think it's just that he tries very hard to answer questions with the kind of precision he is capable of in Japanese - a task which is difficult enough in your native language. He's already improved a lot from his early days haha.

Patrick has always been a nice guy. He is just not good with his mouth. He does not play political correctness and he gets hate because of that.

I don't know much about Patrick's personality but he does have a long history of .... saying not so polite things about other skaters lol. He had a sort of mouthing off battle with Joubert through the media and he said something not so complimentary about Plushenko long before Yuzuru appeared on the scene lol

fishheadanon said:

I don't know much about Patrick's personality but he does have a long history of .... saying not so polite things about other skaters lol. He had a sort of mouthing off battle with Joubert through the media and he said something not so complimentary about Plushenko long before Yuzuru appeared on the scene lol

Because Joubert did say something sour about Jeff when Jeff won WC 2008 over Joubert. So it's kind of going back and forth. Patrick is no angel but there was a reason why he was mad at Joubert.

As for Plushenko, I know many people think a Yuzuru's fan should be a fan of Plushenko as well. But the reality is that, Plushenko is famous for skating with no transitions (well he admitted that himself) and some of Plushenko's comments about his rivals were not very nice as well. So it is understandable why North Americans do not like Plushenko as much. Not to mention, Plushenko's main rival was Yagudin who got much loved in Canada thanks to Tat coaching many of them.

Frankly, Patrick, of course, have had many funny remarks, and not all of them are correct. However, he does have a point sometimes. And his comments about the quad guys (like Nathan and Shoma) actually are honest as he knows the impact of the bad technique on body.

meoima said:

As for Plushenko, I know many people think a Yuzuru's fan should be a fan of Plushenko as well. But the reality is that, Plushenko is famous for skating with no transitions (well he admitted that himself) and some of Plushenko's comments about his rivals were not very nice as well. So it is understandable why North Americans do not like Plushenko as much. Not to mention, Plushenko's main rival was Yagudin who got much loved in Canada thanks to Tat coaching many of them.

Frankly, Patrick, of course, have had many funny remarks, and not all of them are correct. However, he does have a point sometimes. And his comments about the quad guys (like Nathan and Shoma) actually are honest as he knows the impact of the bad technique on body.

That's very illuminating, thanks for giving so much backstory haha. I think I got too used to Yuzuru's style to treat other skaters' media shenanigans and rivalries as some kind of norm. Though I've seen it mentioned that the Russians can have very dramatic fights...not just between Plushenko and Yagudin... so the things Patrick said through the years aren't so bad at all, maybe he just presents it in a way that can be twisted by media. And yes, I do agree with you re:Patrick's comments about quad technique.

That's very illuminating, thanks for giving so much backstory haha. I think I got too used to Yuzuru's style to treat other skaters' media shenanigans and rivalries as some kind of norm. Though I've seen it mentioned that the Russians can have very dramatic fights...not just between Plushenko and Yagudin... And yes, I do agree with you re:Patrick's comments about quad technique.

Some people did miss the jabs thrown at each other from Yagudin or plushy though. They think it makes the sport more entertaining than this somewhat friendly and chill rivalry between Yuzu and Javi :laugh:

About Patrick : I think what he said is pretty tame compared to what Yags and Plush threw at each other. But he stands out because other in his generation (post-vancouver/sochi quad) does not really talk like this.

We're Russians, we put every bit of our heart into everything we do... including fights! LOL But at least the rest of the world can have fun with our shenanigans. Plush and Yags surely did provide first-class soap opera entertainment!

I agree. In 2013 Yuzu was only listening to Patrick while he spoke during press conference, but now he can respond to Patrick’s comment in English.

Besides, nowadays many skaters competed in Sochi had r****d. Yuzu and Patrick are both treated as a veteran. This might help them (mainly Patrick) feel relatable to each other.

That's very illuminating, thanks for giving so much backstory haha. I think I got too used to Yuzuru's style to treat other skaters' media shenanigans and rivalries as some kind of norm. Though I've seen it mentioned that the Russians can have very dramatic fights...not just between Plushenko and Yagudin... And yes, I do agree with you re:Patrick's comments about quad technique.

Some people did miss the jabs thrown at each other from Yagudin or plushy though. They think it makes the sport more entertaining than this somewhat friendly and chill rivalry between Yuzu and Javi :laugh:

About Patrick : I think what he said is pretty tame compared to what Yags and Plush threw at each other. But he stands out because other in his generation (post-vancouver/sochi quad) does not really talk like this.

Mishin and Plushenko even told Russian media that Tat and Yag hired someone to hypnotize him and made him fall at the Olympic... I mean... both of them... and I watched that video. It's still there on the internet I don't remember where it is. Just you can understand sometimes theses top skaters can be ridiculous. This sport has too much politics in it, so many coaches and skaters use words to do politicking for themselves or for some specific purpose.

Guys, I am sorry to interrupt, but I just want to share something that I found on youtube accidentally when I type in the search "yuzuru cats"...

It's video that starts off with the interview that Yuzu said he is basically a cat, who is very free-spirited (as mentioned previously in this thread)... And then it goes into side by side comparison of pictures of Yuzu and cats matched to the theme song of Cat's Eye (an old manga featuring 3 sexy sister thieves wearing leotards) for a good 3 mins :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Credit: Choco Choco on YT

We're Russians, we put every bit of our heart into everything we do... including fights! LOL But at least the rest of the world can have fun with our shenanigans. Plush and Yags surely did provide first-class soap opera entertainment!

All their fluff clips are not necessarily fluff lol it is hilarious, looking back :rofl2:

OT : I remembered when Yags r**** at SC and he was interviewed (by tracy in fact, I think?) and tracy pointed, "so plushenko is here." and Yags was like "I don't care" or something :rofl2:

But I think Petrenko and Browning was not so intense as them too? So does the Brians? We knew Yuzu and Javi is pretty chill overall compared to Plush and Yags.