General Yuzuru Chat

Damn I feel like people keep on pushing Yuzu's luck for Pyeongchang away from him :facepalm: 

You know as much as I hate propaganda, I am actually thankful if those propos can take away some of Yuzu's heavy baggage going into the Olympic as a reigning Ogm, World Champ and WR holder. At least if he's not going into the Oly as people's favorite, he has 1 less extra baggage.

2 minutes ago, b138oo said:

Damn I feel like people keep on pushing Yuzu's luck for Pyeongchang away from him :facepalm: 

You know as much as I hate propaganda, I am actually thankful if those propos can take away some of Yuzu's heavy baggage going into the Olympic as a reigning Ogm, World Champ and WR holder. At least if he's not going into the Oly as people's favorite, he has 1 less extra baggage.

Agreed. Although before Sochi didn’t Evan Lysacek say in an interview with some Japanese tv station that Yuzuru would win gold? I think he said he preferred Daisuke but felt strongly that Yuzuru would win. Don’t know where his prediction was based off of but hey he was right.

8 minutes ago, b138oo said:

The only way Yuzu won't be going into Olys as a favorite is if he loses GPF and Japanese Nationals, but even then he'll be co-favorite if he wins NHK, which he will because his only competition is Patrick who doesn't seem in best shape. Before the Olys, only results will determine the hype, not propaganda. But I also believe that no matter what, whether Yuzu enters Olys as an absolute favorite or a bit of an underdog, the pressure will be the same, just different type. It will be either "he's the best in history" type of pressure or " take back your rightful place" type of pressure. (Well, unless GPF in general is a mess and Yuzu wins be being the least terrible, because then the hype in general will plateu.) But anyway, IMO there is no scenario where some of the pressure will be taken off Yuzu. However, there are scenarios where tremendous pressure will be put on others, Nathan and Shoma specifically. If Nathan wins GPF? Whoo boy. If Shoma wins GPF? Similar. That extra pressure may very well affect their performance, like I believe pressure affected Yuzu's performance in Sochi.

Paradoxically, I think Nathan or Shoma winning GPF might screw them over, not Yuzu. So, overall, who knows where the chips will fall. 

32 minutes ago, Nerdincool said:

Agreed. Although before Sochi didn’t Evan Lysacek say in an interview with some Japanese tv station that Yuzuru would win gold? I think he said he preferred Daisuke but felt strongly that Yuzuru would win. Don’t know where his prediction was based off of but hey he was right.

I think everyone should take a look at Yuzu's Olympic medal.  If we look at it with some objectivity it should be said that he didn't win the gold, but more or less stumbled into it.  He was far from perfect in his free skate, but fortunately for him, Patrick was even less perfect.  I still remember that short video of him being so surprised that he had won the gold.  In fact, in my judgment the one competition he truly won of the Big Three that season was the GPF.  At Sochi and Worlds he just screwed up less than the competition.  In the 2013 GPF he skated two solid programs and was clearly the one in charge.  Beyond that, as impressed as I am (nobody could not be) by Yuzu's legendary two weeks in late 2015 I still think his most dramatic and truly triumphant victory was the 2014 GPF, followed closely by his triumph in Helsinki this year.  Knowing how that 2014 season had been so disastrous leading up to the GPF, it was the fitting Hollywood finale of his pursuit of GPF gold.

12 минут назад, SuzyQ сказал:

Why Yuzuru's jump is beautiful.  After toed, there is some moment before starting rotation.

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

The difference for me:

Nathan jumps. Me: Difficult, solid. This boy does his job in a good way.

Yuzu jumps. Me: *not thinking, just enjoying".

6 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

The difference for me:

Nathan jumps. Me: Difficult, solid. This boy does his job in a good way.

Yuzu jumps. Me: *not thinking, just enjoying".

I usually have my hands over my eyes, peeking, when Yuzu jumps in competition. This is why practice videos are less stressful. I can actually enjoy the process. :laughing:

43 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I think everyone should take a look at Yuzu's Olympic medal.  If we look at it with some objectivity it should be said that he didn't win the gold, but more or less stumbled into it.  He was far from perfect in his free skate, but fortunately for him, Patrick was even less perfect.  I still remember that short video of him being so surprised that he had won the gold.  In fact, in my judgment the one competition he truly won of the Big Three that season was the GPF.  

I mean hey he did still manage a new WR with PW so that’s still a plus. Though I do agree with you that his FS was messy, and that it might’ve been partly due to luck that he’d won over Patrick, still doesn’t lessen the fact that he’s an amazing skater. Can’t wait to see him perform at PC!

1 минуту назад, xeyra сказал:

I usually have my hands over my eyes, peaking, when Yuzu jumps in competition. This is why practice videos are less stressful. I can actually enjoy the process. :laughing:

I'm with you. I keep saying I need a time machine: first, to go to the future and check that everything will be ok, then to come back and enjoy the performance. Because I never watch it normally in the real time. I promise myself every time that I will enjoy the whole routine now, especially if I watch it live, in the arena, because it's now when I have a rare chance to see a real beauty, but it doesn't help. I always have only some smashed dispersing image of the performance I saw with my own eyes and need to rewatch it using the recordings. :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

I'm with you. I keep saying I need a time machine: first, to go to the future and check that everything will be ok, then to come back and enjoy the performance. Because I never watch it normally in the real time. I promise myself every time that I will enjoy the whole routine now, especially if I watch it live, in the arena, because it's now when I have a rare chance to see a real beauty, but it doesn't help. I always have only some smashed dispersing image of the performance I saw with my own eyes and need to rewatch it using the recordings. :facepalm:

I'm deciding whether I want to continue following his competitions live for the rest of the season..

I'm still superstitious about watching him live.. usually something bad happens... I thought my curse was over when I watched ACI sp.. 

I watched ACI and COR live. Sorta felt it was my fault he had a bad skate :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: