General Yuzuru Chat

Also, what do you guys thing Japan's chances are to compete in the team event. I know they have to qualify later in the year at some event, but can their pairs team even do that?

im also curious about this. does japan's chance rely entirely on their pairs later? or they already qualify? is there a worst case scenario where japan wont perform in team event :shock: ?

Poor Zhenya. Everyone now knows of her crush admiration and want to embarrass her a bit with it, but she's a smart cookie and dodges it like a professional.

This reminds me of that Russian Olympic Channel twitter playing matchmaker between them, but I think they ended up removing the tweets.

Details please? :rofl2:

Zhenya knows how to handle situation like these, it's the same with Yuzu tho guess you have to be a Neo-type person in order to be at the top of the skating world

im also curious about this. does japan's chance rely entirely on their pairs later? or they already qualify? is there a worst case scenario where japan wont perform in team event :shock: ?

They need to qualify at Nebelhorn. They probably will but yes, in the worst case scenario they might not.

A journalist asked her if she likes Yuzuru not only as a skater but as a man too and she basically said she doesn't talk about that subject, personal questions. Some journalists need to learn boundaries. I am particularly eh about this because I'd say Yuzuru really doesn't like things like that so hopefully this was a one off that he will not hear about.

Can anyone translate what did Zhenya say about Yuzuru in this interview?

https://jp.sputniknews.com/opinion/201705053608807/

From google trans, lol correct me if I am wrong but it seems like the magazine ask Zhenya if she likes Hanyu??? Lolol please Japanese native speaker answer this. :rofl2:

She dodged though.

The other stuff seems like old stuff where she said he is inspirational, the best etc etc.

Roughly translated the first part of the interview (after that is more about herself.)

Sputnic: How does Hanyu inspire you? Why do you want to skate with him?

Zhenya: He inspires me as an athlete. Today many skaters see him as a role model. He is peerless as an athlete and no one would question that.

Sputnic: On internet we can find many photos of you two together. Don’t you like him not only as an athlete but also as a young man?

Zhenya: I don’t want to answer such question. I’ve made friends with many skaters from many countries in the first place. They are from the USA, Japan, China, Korea, France, Philippine… almost everywhere in the world. We all get along with each other really well. In competitions, we try to spend good time together because we don’t have much time to get together. Basically we talk in English. Sometimes we get together in someone’s room and have a chat or watch movies and videos.

ETA:

This site is more like a Japanese branch of this news site than a Japanese media.

This answer speaks for itself :roll:

A journalist asked her if she likes Yuzuru not only as a skater but as a man too and she basically said she doesn't talk about that subject, personal questions. Some journalists need to learn boundaries. I am particularly eh about this because I'd say Yuzuru really doesn't like things like that so hopefully this was a one off that he will not hear about.

That reminds me of the whole Yuzu got a girlfriend scandal :ohno:

Media is just trying desperately to find something on him, that is not related to fs. Sure Zhenya's admiration for Yuzu is obvious, given how she is a huge YOI fan and she is pretty much on top right now they are an easy pair for them to target but I just hope hope it will not make things awkward for them and this whole thing doesn't escalate. :bow:

Ok, serious question here. What in the world is "fluff"? Is it a slang word for something?

Sorry if it is off topic :bow:

Something that doesn't really have any substance, can be fun lighthearted entertainment of sorts.

e.g.: doing a fluff piece on skaters before the olympics for casual viewers who might not know who they are.

Also, what do you guys thing Japan's chances are to compete in the team event. I know they have to qualify later in the year at some event, but can their pairs team even do that?

Both the Japanese pair and Ice Dance team needs to qualify at Nebelhorn...so...yeah.

Poor Zhenya. Everyone now knows of her crush admiration and want to embarrass her a bit with it, but she's a smart cookie and dodges it like a professional.

This reminds me of that Russian Olympic Channel twitter playing matchmaker between them, but I think they ended up removing the tweets.

Zhenya knows how to handle situation like these, it's the same with Yuzu tho guess you have to be a Neo-type person in order to be at the top of the skating world

If you meant details on the Russian Olympic channel thing, they basically tweeted something about Yuzu not forgetting to call Zhenya with pictures of their programs where they mimic phoning someone, and then posted a picture of her with Moris Kvitelashvili and telling Yuzu to hurry up or she'd get snatched away. So, totally trying to play matchmakers.

Zhenya handled this question well, I'm sure 17 years old girl doesn't want to hear questions about her personal life. Media is so messy tbhhh, they asked her about how does he inspired her and she said how she respects him as an athlete to later be asked if she crushes on him, bye :coffee:

Both the Japanese pair and Ice Dance team needs to qualify at Nebelhorn...so...yeah.

Actually, I believe you only need three disciplines to qualify for the Team Event so only one of them needs to qualify for the Olympics; if the fourth team (most likely Pairs) doesn't qualify, they can still be invited to participate on the Team Event and only there (no individual competition for them).

Ok, serious question here. What in the world is "fluff"? Is it a slang word for something?

Sorry if it is off topic :bow:

Something that doesn't really have any substance, can be fun lighthearted entertainment of sorts.

e.g.: doing a fluff piece on skaters before the olympics for casual viewers who might not know who they are.

I never really thought about it but fluff actually has quite a few different meanings (some less innocent than others).

You're not making it seem like the chances are good. Really considering if I want to go to team or do something else those days, like maybe visit Hong Kong :P.

[link=http://mokodojo.net/ZZZPT.swf?src=http://203.162.76.92:5021/live/308|c03]Anyone can try this stream link?[/link]

That tries to download something to my computer.....

Damn so the direct link doesn't work... hm, i don't want to post the whole page but

NEWS GUYS. I GOT A GOOD STREAM OF BS ASAHI :D!