General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, the50person said:

What's with this? Saw many Yuzu fans commenting abt it.

I don't know. "Say what you want to say tomorrow." It's explaining a proverb.

It's from this book:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/新明解故事ことわざ辞典-三省堂編修所/dp/4385137935

Edit:

It seems Nikkei may have written an article critical of Yuzu's "recycling," perhaps pissed off some superfans, then put this Tweet up and said fans are throwing it back at Nikkei. (It seems they've taken issue with the use of the word "recycle" itself.)

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

「オリンピックを取るよ。すいません いただきます!」

lololol

:darklordyuzu:

That was the best comment ever, regarding the re-use of Seimei LOL

And I really liked the Shuuichi report, too. They were fair and included Shoma and how he's improved so much that he can now challenge Yuzu, but the studio people were still like "Yeah, it's nice, but Hanyu is so amazing!" lol Also Nakamaru made a good point, that one of the interesting points in Seimei being brought back will be to see Yuzu's growth between two years ago and now. (I'm not sure I've seen any of the Japanese commentators say it before)

1 hour ago, katonice said:

Translation of Nikkei article over on YHIFG

1610393525875114?view=permalink&id=19461

That's kind of weird... Brian's part on re-using the programs seems a bit at odds with the part that was shown on all TV media. On TV, it was more like: there will be criticism, but we're confident. This is more like: We're not so sure, but he wants it and if we manage to get it just right, maybe... The confidence in every other piece seems absent here. I find that weird... Maybe it just got lost in translation, while focusing on the direct message, since it's pretty subtle.

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

I don't know. "Say what you want to say tomorrow." It's explaining a proverb.

It's from this book:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/新明解故事ことわざ辞典-三省堂編修所/dp/4385137935

Edit:

It seems Nikkei may have written an article critical of Yuzu's "recycling," perhaps pissed off some superfans, then put this Tweet up and said fans are throwing it back at Nikkei. (It seems they've taken issue with the use of the word "recycle" itself.)

I see I see...well, ppl who dont think/speak well of him will always continue to do so, no point arguing with them since they already have decided to stick with their own stance. Besides, let's just keep the good stuff to ourselves. :biggrin: Our boy is too good.

(interesting to note diff reactions to this word. The English-speaking fandom seems to take it more as inside joke amongst fandom (all for fun and not to talk bad) and it's also a common term to describe bringing back a programme. Guess it has diff connotations outside English, either that or the writer used the term in a negative and not so kind manner.)