General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Oh by the way, didn't Yuzu change his layout in 2015-2016 after Skate Canada, and then BAM made both the SP and the FS clean right after that change at NHK? :devilYuzu:

yeah skate canada was the 3a 4t//3lz2t layout he just bombed it NHK was the first outing of the new layout XD

Just now, CupidsBow said:

yeah skate canada was the 3a 4t//3lz2t layout he just bombed it NHK was the first outing of the new layout XD

So from someone who has this as a record:

- bombs layout of short program
- invents harder layout 
- breaks world record with said harder layout

What can we expect? :laughing:

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

- invents harder layout 

Because he is a superstitious little troll and wanted to do the same for this season just like how he did it back then...  :mischief:

:offtopic:Can someone please tell me where the news of Boyang doing 6 quads came from? As far as I know he closed his weibo to concentrate on training and they didn't say anything about his layout (or FS music) on the open class day. I am not good at BV calculation but I suppose if Boyang is going for 6 quads he can't have two 3As either (assuming he's repeating 4Lz and 4T)?

Regarding Yuzu's layout, if you only look at his own career you will find his decision very natural. He introduced the 4S during 2012-2013 season and then 4Lo last season, the least BV increase in the past happened during 2013-2014 season, and there wasn't much visible upgrade in PW. It only seems awkward this season because all the other guys are adding quads like crazy. I can't say whether Yuzu's decision is "playing it safe" or risky, but I admire him for sticking to his own pace in such a nerve-wrecking situation. All these annouced layouts are strangely giving me an illusion like "quads are sooooo common these days there are nothing special about them..." (I mean, even Jason...):13877886:

Also this morning I had this crazy thought: what if Yuzu's plan was experimenting during the cycle and choosing the best for the Olympics all along? Then I went to rewatch Zigeunerweisen, R&J 1.0 and NDP and I kind of got what he meant by saying a lot was going on before Sochi... Nothing ever done before was as high a momentum as Seimei, and to quote Mr. Sano, the choice itself is saying "すみません、いただきます." I love it. :2thumbsup:

26 минут назад, CupidsBow сказал:

After SC he finally got fed up with his SP mistakes and decided to change the layout :laughing: I still remember how almost everyone (me included) were worried about 2 quad SP but turned out nicely :smiley-love017: and now became a must.

27 минут назад, Murieleirum сказал:

- invents harder layout 

don't want him to bomb the CoR though (I'm selfish I know... :slinkaway:)

2 minutes ago, Lunna said:

don't want him to bomb the CoR though (I'm selfish I know... :slinkaway:)

Well, there would be only one other thing except kuyashii that would motivate him to upgrade mid-season, and that is competition being as clean as he is. If everyone will do their best, Yuzuru will want to do double his best. But maybe that alone wouldn't make him change plans last moment. 

Aaah, this was the kind of brainstorming I was missing before the media coverage days! 

1 時間前, kaerythさんが言いました:

I'm actually fine with:

• Criticism of his strategy - whether it's repeating programs or his current known layout (honestly, we won't know until competition what will happen - if it works or not. But I do have faith in him and his team.)
  • People being disappointed with his decisions (you can't dictate how people will react/feel about something)

What I don't like:

• Saying that Yuzu doesn't deserve to win OGM because he's using repeated/recycled/old programs.

1 時間前, CupidsBowさんが言いました:

tbh everyone in that tweet thread was ridiculous the only sensible responses I saw was people quote RT and being sarcastic. (<- if you are referring to the salty PChan fans that went onto to pull the old 'Hanyu shouldn't have won Sochi cuz he fell in his FS' thing later which just made me like wow what year is it again)

People and their generosity in further fueling and stoking the already-out-of-control inferno within Hanyu's defiant spirit FTW. I really, really hope Hanyu sees all this talk for himself so he can use it as fodder to perform in a way where he could in the end rub it in lots of faces. 8D

7 hours ago, the50person said:

(interesting to note diff reactions to this word. The English-speaking fandom seems to take it more as inside joke amongst fandom (all for fun and not to talk bad) and it's also a common term to describe bringing back a programme. Guess it has diff connotations outside English, either that or the writer used the term in a negative and not so kind manner.)

Good to know that to say "recycle a program" doesn't have any negativity at all in English. For Japanese "risaikuru" almost always evoke the concrete image of „waste“. So many FS fans (not only Yuzu fans) are upset about the article (Nikkei) where the reporter went out of her way to use this word in connection with FS program, which is unusual. I wonder if it’s likely that Orser himself used that word and she picked it up. Would he do that?