General Yuzuru Chat

hace 1 minuto , Murieleirum said:

It's okay though, isn't it? Those kind of moments have no meaning on camera. Camera can capture performances and beauty, but it doesn't really capture the kindness aura that Yuzu emanates and that amazes everyone that gets close to him, right? 

But this is just my humble opinion... I just think, if I were Yuzu, I'd rather bow and say hello to fans that are looking at me in the eyes, rather than looking at me through a screen...

Much like, if I had to choose between having a 24 hour long video of his full day, from when he gets up from bed to when he goes to sleep (with Pooh plush maybe heheh), and a second of his eyes looking at me and smiling... well... Do I have to say what I'd choose? :laughing:

Tbh I agree with you, actually I filmed only one practice at GPF 2016, because I wanted to see everything with my eyes, not through a lens. But it is also understandable why people try to capture  these happy moments. Our memories fade so quickly... I am getting old and sentimental, I suppose.

“Everything transitory is but an image.” 
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust

Actually, I've been thinking about the idea of Yuzu's body build being ideal or not for skating. This is not the first time Russian skaters or coaches have mentioned genetics in relation to figure skating. There are plenty of comments about the 'Asian advantage', because of their famous knee bend, which bothers me because I feel like, for example, Javi has demonstrated quite well his own knee bend (some of his landing saves are things of beauty). 

Most of the time it all boils down to training and technique, not genes. 

Not to mention Yuzu has kind of been prone to injury.

2 時間前, kaerb said:

ようこそPlanet Hanyuへ! Your English is great ( : 

Dear Miss kaerb,

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appriciate and feel bit shy for your compliment about my English.

Also, it is very thankful that many persons clicked "Good" botton.

I have to study more so that I will be able to comment here and share many topic about Yuzuru.

Today, I will introduce above Youtube MD about Fantasy on Ice which I have borrowed.

It is so enjoyful. Yuzuru is real entertainer and super star !!

hace 17 minutos , xeyra said:

Actually, I've been thinking about the idea of Yuzu's body build being ideal or not for skating. This is not the first time Russian skaters or coaches have mentioned genetics in relation to figure skating. There are plenty of comments about the 'Asian advantage', because of their famous knee bend, which bothers me because I feel like, for example, Javi has demonstrated quite well his own knee bend (some of his landing saves are things of beauty). 

I remember recent interviews with Trankov and Kolyada and both mentioned hard work as the key to success for Asian skaters.  And also the technique, Japanese skaters seems to be lighter on the ice and have better SS compared to others, but it is probably just my impression.   

23 minutes ago, Floria said:

I remember recent interviews with Trankov and Kolyada and both mentioned hard work as the key to success for Asian skaters.  And also the technique, Japanese skaters seems to be lighter on the ice and have better SS compared to others, but it is probably just my impression.   

I won't totally dismiss the genetics argument, since in general asians used to be just *tinier* than their western counterparts. But due to nutrition and more emphasis on execersizing, asians have been gaining in both weight and height, so if it is an advantage it has certainly shrunk.  

Also, I have seen more male skaters since returning to China, than I did when I actually learned skating in the US. Figure skating in Asia probably is not viewed as a "feminine" sport, but in the same vein as dance or ballet-it's a very analytical and precise art. And boys, should they decide to continue in figure skating, are encourged as much as girls, Basketball, football etc are still popular, but more due to accessibility, not just because they are more "manly." Actually in China in general, being good and dedicated  to something outside of academics is viewed as a very postivie thing. Additionally, I think the asian education system itself also weeds out anyone not dedicated enough- in 7th grade I was averaging 3 hours of homework per night. Try adding 20+ hours training for skating on top.  This, plus general workaholic and perfectionist tendencies work together to produce good skaters.

Though personally, I think due to the short history of skating in Asia (esp Korea and China), and the academic system being less than ideal for sports practicing, we're actually probably producing less top asian skaters than what we theoretically could be producing. 

:img_21:https://mobile.twitter.com/wakanaJ/

:img_21:https://t.co/FHtQNDcGZi

This twitter asked his/her followers to vote for

the following topic.

(Voting period: only half-day/186 voters)

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"Who is the MALE Skater that Skating NERDS

would like to have a date with ?" 

(Number of Votes)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

1.....( 34 )....YUZURU HANYU

2.....( 18 )....Stephan Lambiel

3.....( 13 )....Tatsuki Machida

4.....( 12 )....Keiji Tanaka

5.....(   9 )....Takahito Mura

6.....(   8 )....Patrick Chan

7.....(   6 )....Nobunari Oda, Shoma Uno

9.....(   5 )....Charlie White

10...(   4 )....Jason Brown, Daisuke Takahashi

12...(   3 )....Kelvin Raynolds, Nathan Chen,

Brian Joubert, Tomas Verner,

Sergei Voronov

17...(   2 )....Jeffrey Buttle, Alexei Buchenko,

Andrew Poje, Ondrej Hotarek,

Daniss Vasiljevs, Takahiko Kozuka

23...(  1 ).....Evgeny Plyushchenko, Max Aaron,

Adam Rippon, Alex Shibutani,

Jeremy Abbot, Michal Brezina, 

Mikhail Kolyada, Denis Ten, 

Elladj Balde, Scott Moir, Evan Bates,

Kristoffer Berntsson, Dmitri Soloviev, 

Dylan Moscvitch, Nicholas Buckland,

Ruslan Zhiganshin, Nikita Katsalapov,

Nicolas Nadeau, Jinseo Kim,

Han Yan, Nan Song, Cong Han,

Daisuke Murakami, Ryuju Hino,

Yamato Tamura, Kazuki Tomono,

Koshino Shimada, Naoki Oda,

Kohei Yoshino, Daichi Miyata,

Koshin Yamada, Kazuki Kushida,

Akio Sasaki, etc. (37 skaters in total)

(Surprisingly, Johnny Weir, Javier Fernandez,

Boyang Jin, Sota Yamamoto or Jun Hwan Cha 

were not on the list !?)

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

THE REASONS FOR No.1 are as follows :

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:68271401: I want him to teach me how to skate.

:68271401: To spend my time with him and then help him 

in terms of sense of clothes as well as hair-style.

:68271401: Like to try for once to go out with him as it should 

be interesting. Let me say, will he talk like a machine

gun or become an icy hot (Tsun-de-re) or just be

a perfect man....? I haven't the least idea !

:68271401: Would be nice to hear him keep on talking all the

time by my side !

:68271401: I'm sure that he's NOT an average man/a man in 

the street. He must be a person of quite a character.

And that is what I really want to know.

:68271401: Just want to be like an observer and not even bother

him while he's having a date with someone else.

:68271401: I'm sorry ! For sentimental reasons..! No matter how 

I think, HANYU Senshu is the ONLY person I want

to share my time with.

:68271401: I love EVERYTHING about him. Just perfect !

:68271401: As I'm kinda fond of somebody who tends to be

"S" type. (a character of loving to do things in favor

of the partner)

:68271401: Whatever you may say, it's because he's so cool

and beautiful.

:68271401: I just love him.

:68271401: With that smile, I would love to be called,

"My dear,..."(😊).

:68271401: He is manly and a man of great capacity but at

the same time, comparatively, he can also be full

of fun and mischief. I think I'm gonna have a good

time with him. And what's more, he's so cool.

:68271401: He's just cool in a cute way !

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||:thankyou:|||||||||||||||||||||

4 hours ago, Yukiko Sakae said:

Hello, everyone,

It is my first comment in this site.

The first, please forgive my bad english. Normally, I comment on Japanese site.

It is really great joy that there are so many Yuzuru's fan all over the world.

I want to share my feeling for great skater,Yuzuru with you in this site.

First of all, so many thanks for the person to creat Planet Hanyu Forum.

I became Yuzuru's fan since 2012 Yuzuru got bronze medal in world championship.

Now, I became his fan passionately.:heart:

In new year for skate, let me support him together and pray for his performance.:0006:

Sometime I want to visit this site.  See you soon, everyone:smiley-love017:    

:joy:I'm happy that you decided to post something here :)

I hope we can all continue to support him from here 💖 it will be very important this season 💖

37 minutes ago, yuzuthebest said:

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

THE REASONS FOR No.1 are as follows :

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:68271401: To spend my time with him and then help him 

in terms of sense of clothes as well as hair-style.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||:thankyou:|||||||||||||||||||||

Same! :rofl:

Two words, Zuzu Hanya: Fitted suit!

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

I'm not really fond of comments about "Asia advantage" because to me, there's no body type only has all advantages. Like you said, there're non asian skaters have quite good knee bend, like Javi. Meanwhile, Nathan, Vincent, Nam Nguyen are all Asian descent but their knee are so stiff. Maybe Its up to skaters themselves to use their "advantage" :laughing:  After all, the most important thing its still the technique. Look at Patrick, he doesn't have a lean body-type, but his jumps are big and soft (when he's on) and his other skills are great.

As for Yuzu, the only thing that may make him a little bit different from other lean skaters is his extreme small hip/slim waist IMO. Its really stand out when he build the muscle on his upper body :laughing:.

I still remember a comment on FSU in Eteri's article that Yuzu's ability to train like he does come from within himself, not just his culture. And I agree with that.

Not to mention, Yuzu has asthma. 

3 hours ago, Floria said:

Jeremy Abbot is 6 feet and he has always had super skating skills (his coach is the skating queen Yuka Sato by the way). He has been underrated because of his SUPER inconsistency. But at his best, I think his SS is NO weaker than Patrick Chan (who also has kinda thick body type).