General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Katt said:

Not to mention, Yuzu has asthma. 

That was obviously nature's way to balance out his genetic 'advantage'. :drama: Just imagine if he didn't have that limiting his training time. 

18 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I'd be able to appreciate it more if I understood. :yznotimpressed:

Edit: I google translated it. Probably shouldn't have. :rofl:

I can't translate on the phone but... my gut tells me it has something to do with quints

18 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I can't translate on the phone but... my gut tells me it has something to do with quints

Going back to the topic of body types. There's no real genetic advantage, because after years of skating and off-ice conditioning, it's scary how similar the body lines are amongst skaters of different body types. What I mean is that you are going to have to bulk up in certain areas (thighs, butts, calves etc) regardless of your ethnicity. Maybe some genes that influence what body type you end up with (and here I'm thinking more along endomorph, meso, ectomorph etc) can make it easier or harder to bulk up those muscles, and make it easier or harder to learn certain things. But ultimately, bodies become more similar than different after 10+ years of training.

Also, when did soft knees become ethnicity based? Thought it was just an issue of technique.

40 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

o0630036413866639730.png?caw=800

:rofl:

30 minutes ago, Xen said:

Going back to the topic of body types. There's no real genetic advantage, because after years of skating and off-ice conditioning, it's scary how similar the body lines are amongst skaters of different body types. What I mean is that you are going to have to bulk up in certain areas (thighs, butts, calves etc) regardless of your ethnicity. Maybe some genes that influence what body type you end up with (and here I'm thinking more along endomorph, meso, ectomorph etc) can make it easier or harder to bulk up those muscles, and make it easier or harder to learn certain things. But ultimately, bodies become more similar than different after 10+ years of training.

Also, when did soft knees become ethnicity based? Thought it was just an issue of technique.

Soft knee definitely has more to do with basic training. Very tall and big men can have soft knee too. 

About the body, we should take note that, it's not the Asian being better at jumps. It's more likely that smaller bodies rotate faster, they need less power to go up on the air. This is pretty much relevant in ladies when small girls jump and rotate faster than mature ladies with taller and bigger frames. 

Asian men do tend to be slender than White men. For example Nathan and Boayng do have very thin bodies. But will they stay like that for their whole life? Men can still grow at the age of 25.

Not to mention, some white men can be very thin (see Adian Pitkeev, Sasha Abt or Plushenko at his prime) and some Asian men can be sturdy (Patrick for example). 

6 hours ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

AJPS, which stands for association japonaise de la press sportive (Japan sports related press association ) recently has an issue of magazine out in which they chose a list of top ten super star athletes who moves them....and Yuzu is chosen as number 2 right after Christian Ronaldo !

You can click on the link to download the PDF, in which they praised Yuzu so much for his artisitic expression and unique performance skill on ice which is so rare in Japanese people... All the while delivering the atheltic aspect of the sport! They basically think he is  an idol on and off ice and with no enemy other than himself!:joy:

Edit: I added the pictures of pages that contained Yuzu!

I was interested to read that PDF only to find it was in Japanese which is the language I don't understand at all:13877886: 

that yuzu in purple pants pict tho.. :10742290:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

:slinkaway:

Aaaah, I thought you had found it somewhere where it was used seriously :rofl:It was a joke, so it's okay! 

In truth, we can't know what would have happened, had he not have asthma...

maybe he wouldn't have felt as motivated to fight as in reality. Or, maybe, y'know. 4A and stuff. 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Aaaah, I thought you had found it somewhere where it was used seriously :rofl:It was a joke, so it's okay! 

In truth, we can't know what would have happened, had he not have asthma...

maybe he wouldn't have felt as motivated to fight as in reality. Or, maybe, y'know. 4A and stuff. 

:slinkaway: