General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Whoopiewoop said:

I don't it's that weird. Japan has had one small quake every other day for decades, if not every day. It's just because March is the anniversary of the 2011 one that they get more attention this year. Just look at the 2020 stats: https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/earthquakes/japan/archive/2020.html

Even when I was there in 2019 I felt a very gentle one in Hiroshima and another one in Tokyo a week later. I thought the one in Tokyo was just a train underground passing beneath us (like you tend to feel in London) so I didn't worry but the cashier at the convenience store smiled at us with glee and said it was a small earthquake. :sadPooh:

All these small earthquakes must be mentally so trying to Yuzuru Hanyu, particularly when on ice; and to so many other Japanese people who have lived devastating ones.

1 minute ago, SitTwizzle said:

All these small earthquakes must be mentally so trying to Yuzuru Hanyu, particularly when on ice; and to so many other Japanese people who have lived devastating ones.

Indeed. As someone who's dealt with a mild PTSD, I can imagine very well how some people can get triggered by the slightest shake. Even a strong wind rattling something in a house could be an issue if they get triggered by noises.

Its actually heartbreaking to know that fans of a sport say smth like "Let's see who the judges are tho, how the judges score him/her..." "still, idk if they would win or not though.." when you know that for sure their skills and everything clearly overpowered other athletes and are currently dealing with underscoring

This doesn't sound like a sport anymore,,, the underscored athletes competing against the judges instead of their rivals,, uhh

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

On a more positive note: Mom has finished the good-luck charms for Yuzu :cri:

By the way: She said to me, the eggs whispered to her that something very good will happen to Yuzu soon. And we all know, how good her predictions used to be... :notamused:

This is so wholesome!!! 

You guys are awesome.:10742289:

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I started to be so superstitious because of FS.:68468287:

Same, even my friends started giving me feather related stuff so we can wish him luck.:softYuzu:

A few years back one of them bought a pair of little feather-shaped earrings from Lovisa but they're in silver, she then realised and used a golden marker to cover it with gold before giving them to me,,,,,,,,,:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:I

miss these crazy high school stuff:rofl3:

2 hours ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

Its actually heartbreaking to know that fans of a sport say smth like "Let's see who the judges are tho, how the judges score him/her..." "still, idk if they would win or not though.." when you know that for sure their skills and everything clearly overpowered other athletes and are currently dealing with underscoring

This doesn't sound like a sport anymore,,, the underscored athletes competing against the judges instead of their rivals,, uhh

As we say in France, they are sowing the branch on which they are sat.

They oughtn't be so blatant about their bias. To be crude,

Spoiler

a seamen say asserts that once one have sailed around the whole Earth, one can pee against the wind; I can tell ISU its a joke and they will have it back all the same.

14 hours ago, senemgencer said:

I have read 2 statistical studies about ISUs biased scoring recently. Apparently American, Russian and Korean judges are almost systematically biased. Canadians are not falling behind either. 

So keeping wishes and good thinking aside and scientifically speaking, it is highly possible that even if Yuzuru performs both of his programmes perfectly, Nathan will be overscored. If NC does 5/6 quads, skates clean (he skates clean more often than Yuzuru, to be honest) and wins over Yuzuru, I will be the first to applause him. But all things being equal, he would be winning over him because of ISU's unfairness. 

So, I am leaving it to the universe to set the balance. Yuzuru is one of the greatest skaters ever, with or without a gold medal. 

From the one study I saw, statistically speaking, the Aussies are in fact the only perfectly neutral, unbiased judges. Should be getting them to judge everything. 

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

From the one study I saw, statistically speaking, the Aussies are in fact the only perfectly neutral, unbiased judges. Should be getting them to judge everything. 

I wish they'd have moved Worlds to Australia - they'd have insisted on proper Covid protocols- and maybe we could use all Aussie judges.

I am leaving this short clip of the ceremonial Miko dance, which was caught by my family in Tokyo during their walk around the neighborhood. Asakusa Shrine in the old part of the city.

To cleanse the air of toxic intentions and wishing good fortune to those who strive.  “Effort may betray us, but it is never in vain.”

2 hours ago, hananistellata said:

One of my friends just got their Be The Light photobook and the first thing they said is (and I quote)

"It smells like barbeque sauce

or like a new book".

Many photobooks do smell like barbeque sauce HAHAHAHA yes