Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

General Yuzuru Chat

This is part 1 of the General Yuzuru Chat discussion.

Featured Replies

I would love to see new programs (if the 4A is in them I will be hiding behind the sofa and peeking through my fingers... and that's after I know the results. How the hell did this young Japanese man's health and happiness become so important to me??????) and costumes...

 

But at this stage, we know nothing. The fact that more words worldwide are being spilled on a skater of whom we know nothing than the rest of 'em put together is... interesting.

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

TSL has a new video up (I haven't watched it but the title of the video is JNats preview and Yuzu is on the thumbnail) so I just went there and read a comment from TSL saying that Yuzu has two new programs that some skaters have seen. I don't know who they mean but we'll find it out soon. 

 

I don't go anywhere near TSL, but I think that if Yuzu had two new programs he would not be practicing them in the presence of other skaters. The only people he would allow to see the new programs would be those who he trusted.

 

The only reliable people who would have seen them would be Brian, Ghislain, Tracy, Jeff and Shay-Lynn, assuming that she choreographed the new long program.

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I'm a bit more concerned about the 4A hype on Spark. Sure, Yuzu said that the 4A is his priority now, but he shouldn't be pressured into anything. He has had enough injuries because of the quad madness already. I hope, he only brings that jump, if he himself feels that it's ready for competition. I mean... JNats is not even an international competition, so it wouldn't count as a "first" anyway.

 

I think that Yuzu will have two new programs for the nationals, but I do not think that he will include the 4A in them. He has a strong personality and is not one to be pressured into doing something that he is not ready for. He will be bringing programs that he can skate clean with confidence. His goal is to regain the crown.

Fuji's ad for Yuzu is on youtube (geoblocked, sorry)

 

 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
18 minutes ago, CiONTUw4A said:

 New fanart: 

 

 

 

This - and the earlier one she did of Yuzu and Amabie - are heartmeltingly sweet, and also make me imagine... someone ought to write fiction about a boy and the adorable little mermaid sprite who befriends him. I can't help thinking about it... but I'm not Japanese.

 

:softYuzu: There is after all something a little unearthly about Yuzuru....

18 hours ago, Lunna said:

I can only be sad that there's no fancams, so screams will be turned down by TV:rofl3:

Though if we will finally see Yuzu, I can not be sad even with no fancams rule.

 

I think they asked the audience not to cheer as one of the safety precautions, so no screams even if we had fancams.

Hope there will be lots of news clips from Japan media.

 

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

 

I think that Yuzu will have two new programs for the nationals, but I do not think that he will include the 4A in them. He has a strong personality and is not one to be pressured into doing something that he is not ready for. He will be bringing programs that he can skate clean with confidence. His goal is to regain the crown.

 

He wants to regain his National title and World title, so he probably won't risk putting in 4A in either of the comps unless he has a good percentage of success with the jump.

 

WTT is a better place for him to test 4A if it doesn't get canceled and he decides to attend.

Please note, if Yuzuru appears in a costume anything at all like this...

I will probably die on the spot.

 

Just sayin'.

6 hours ago, IceWings said:

 

I think they asked the audience not to cheer as one of the safety precautions

 

Seriously. What's the point in having a crowd, if they are not allowed to cheer? In that case there's no big difference to the "paper audience" at SkAm, except that a real crowd is 100x more dangerous in the middle of a pandemic.

 

Also, I can hardly imagine that the crowd can hold emotions back, when Yuzu reveals his new programs and costumes - not to mention, if he surprised us with a clean 4A or breaking the scoreboard with +350 points. I can't speak for others, but I would probably need a gag in my mouth and a rope around my hands to avoid a spontaneous outburst of shouts and claps.

 

EDIT: It's so infuriating that JNats not only has live audience, but pretty much everything else, too, that contributes to the spreading of the virus:

 

 

11 часов назад, Paskud сказал:

They do not have any sources in Sendai, because if they did, they would start to spread rumours already in summer and tell much more that "oh, he has new programs".

The only source they might get info from is Cricket (might have happened before, still I am not saying they are trustworthy). Not that it matters much now, we will know soon, though I am starting to get a little impatient the closer competition is.

5 часов назад, IceWings сказал:

I think they asked the audience not to cheer as one of the safety precautions, so no screams even if we had fancams.

I am actually not a screamer myself, prefer load clapping

 

5 часов назад, IceWings сказал:

He wants to regain his National title and World title, so he probably won't risk putting in 4A in either of the comps unless he has a good percentage of success with the jump.

If he will bring two new programs, I think main goal will be too present/skate them in a good way firstly, so I am not waiting a new jumps on top of that.

33 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

 

Seriously. What's the point in having a crowd, if they are not allowed to cheer? In that case there's no big difference to the "paper audience" at SkAm, except that a real crowd is 100x more dangerous in the middle of a pandemic.

$$$ is the difference I guess. 
 

Though Nagano’s venue is smaller (I think full capacity is around 10k?) than Saitama Super Arena. It’s a confusing standard since I think Japanese speed skating and short track I believe decided to hold no audience competitions yet figure skating is going through with it...

hello everyone! It seems that Fuji TV is planning to do a project for this... which ties in great with our plan to show support for Yuzu!

Please check this thread for more info!

 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.