General Yuzuru Chat

Ice shows consolidated media post now updated to include 2011 shows. Please inform me if I missed anything or if anyone has any link to add.

Personal thoughts: I'm not very articulate with writing down my feelings but I want to try... You can clearly see a shift in the way he skates after the Tohoku Earthquake. I think this was also a time where he learned how to connect with the audience through his performance, and how could he not? He was just overflowing with so many emotions during that time. And despite everything he has persevered. And I think this is why he loves ice shows.

Silly thoughts: Remember this?

tumblr_n1e0gnzQn11sqfs7ro1_250.gif

(C): http://93-joules.tumblr.com

While he was having issues with his 3S during the competitions, from all the videos I watched, he landed ALL the salchows at the end of R+J1 during the ice shows. :13877886:

15 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Thank you for your translation! You solved my doubts about this part. So I'll repeat it again. If I was in that situation I would die!! :D he's so nice and thoughtful 💖

I feel happy that Ogi mama was able to meet him like that, I think I can understand those feelings, another heart for Yuzu's collection!!

Yesterday I just randomly asked a. student of mine ( he looks Japanese) if he knew  Yuzuru and he told me he met Yuzu in Tokyo in 2015 and took a picture with Yuzu. I screamed silently ( what the chance!) and pulled him out of the classroom to investigate the incident! He told me his mom and he were walking at a store and saw a small crowd and they approached and his mom pointed atYuzu and told my student that Yuzu was a famous skater ( how could his mom deny sharing Yuzu with him or how he did not know about Yuzu, for the life of me , I don't under:sadPooh:stand ) 

ok and then Yuzu , the omniscience, who notices stuff 😍 And very thoughtful, saw them and politely asked if they would like to take a picture with him:sadPooh:. My sutdent said Yuzu was very tall and has a very nice voice. Sadly his mom developed and sent the pic to grandma in Japan. I planned to ask him to ask grandma send back the pic here so that I could see it but I stopped because it was a bit too much, I think :winky:

i repeat , can Yuzu be any more perfect?  

Ps I pulled that student out several times to squeeze  out more info but that all he got. I then told him to watch Yuzu' programs since school is almost over. I thought I scared him with my enthusiasm  :embSwan:

hace 28 minutos , kaeryth said:

Silly thoughts: Remember this?

tumblr_n1e0gnzQn11sqfs7ro1_250.gif

(C): http://93-joules.tumblr.com

While he was having issues with his 3S during the competitions, from all the videos I watched, he landed ALL the salchows at the end of R+J1 during the ice shows. :13877886:

Now that I think about it we haven't seen any Salchow from him since WTT.

11 分ぐらい, ruruzest said:

Yesterday I just randomly asked a. student of mine ( he looks Japanese) if he knew  Yuzuru and he told me he met Yuzu in Tokyo in 2015 and took a picture with Yuzu. I screamed silently ( what the chance!) and pulled him out of the classroom to investigate the incident! He told me his mom and he were walking at a store and saw a small crowd and they approached and his mom pointed atYuzu and told my student that Yuzu was a famous skater ( how could his mom denied sharing Yuzu with him or how he did not know abou Yuzu, for the life of me , I don't under:sadPooh:stand ) 

ok and then Yuzu saw them and politely asked if they would like to take a picture with him :sadPooh:. My sutdent said Yuzu was very tall and has a very nice voice. Sadly his mom developed and send the pic to grandma in Japan. I planned to ask him to ask grandma send back the pic here so that I could see it but I stopped because it a bit too much, I think :winky:

Ps I pulled that student out several times to squeeze  out more info but that all he got. I then told him to watch Yuzu' programs since school is almost over. I thought I scared him with my enthusiasm  :embSwan:

Lol.

BTW, I wonder if your student took that photo by his smartphone?  If so, perhaps you can ask him to send the photo to your address or at least to let you have a look at it.  It's worth trying, because it is highly possible that the photo was taken by smartphone, because they happened to meet Yuzuru.

Just now, sister555 said:

Lol.

BTW, I wonder if your student took that photo by his smartphone?  If so, perhaps you can ask him to send the photo to your address or at least to let you have a look at it.  It's worth trying, because it is highly possible that the photo was taken by smartphone, because they happened to meet Yuzuru.

Will ask him again today. I wasn't thinking straight after hearing Yuzu' name :embSwan:! Thanks for the suggestion . School will end this Friday 

4 hours ago, katonice said:

It's described as Figure Skating + Kabuki, essentially Kabuki on ice.

It starred DaisukeTakahashi, Shizuka Arakawa, Akiko Suzuki, Kanako Murakami, among others.

You can find their website here: http://hyoen.jp/

I would've loved to watch this myself. From the photos I've seen, and comments I've heard, it was a wonderful show with amazing costumes and stage set-ups.

ooh this seems interesting I might check it out!  :thankyou:

15 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

wow hahaha what are the chances! your student is very lucky lol I wanna accidentally meet him in a store too :party0035:

On 6/21/2017 at 4:22 PM, ruruzest said:

Will ask him again today. I wasn't thinking straight after hearing Yuzu' name :embSwan:! Thanks for the suggestion . School will end this Friday 

Wish you best of luck!!!

7 hours ago, katonice said:

Wow, they're considering to hold some of the Olys snow events in North Korea,

and looking at potentially forming a joint North/South Korea women's hockey team.

Olys = Diplomacy 101.

While I could see the north wanting to use it as a chance to toot their own horn and show they're so great (*eye roll*), I can't see certain countries, especially the US and Japan, sending their athletes there. That decision would be extremely controversial. 

1 hour ago, ruruzest said:

Yesterday I just randomly asked a. student of mine ( he looks Japanese) if he knew  Yuzuru and he told me he met Yuzu in Tokyo in 2015 and took a picture with Yuzu. I screamed silently ( what the chance!) and pulled him out of the classroom to investigate the incident! He told me his mom and he were walking at a store and saw a small crowd and they approached and his mom pointed atYuzu and told my student that Yuzu was a famous skater ( how could his mom denied sharing Yuzu with him or how he did not know abou Yuzu, for the life of me , I don't under:sadPooh:stand ) 

ok and then Yuzu saw them and politely asked if they would like to take a picture with him :sadPooh:. My sutdent said Yuzu was very tall and has a very nice voice. Sadly his mom developed and send the pic to grandma in Japan. I planned to ask him to ask grandma send back the pic here so that I could see it but I stopped because it a bit too much, I think :winky:

This is so funny. I would have done the same thing!!!  And, I know I have done this same thing in the  past with my students, only I can't remember what about. 

So, he was totally clueless about Yuzu? Isn't that always the way?

I can't even imagine. I'm so jealous of him. 

On 6/20/2017 at 6:22 AM, Plumqueen said:

Thank you so much!  I can't wait to read these translations!

Yuzu is SO wise. (Paraphrasing here):

1.  Ideal female: When he falls in love she will be the ideal. (Wow!)

2. You can fall in love with someone who is not your ideal. (I'll come back to this.)

3.  He's self conscience that he doesn't look masculine enough. He thinks Kenji looks more masculine then he does, and Kenji says it's just his beard giving that impression. (Awww)

My son has, much to our dismay, forever had an 'ideal female' type in his mind and has dated only that type until recently. He now seems to be in love with the exact opposite of his long held 'female ideal'. 

Too bad I didn't see this translation until now. Yuzu could have straightened him out. 

7 hours ago, katonice said:

To those who will have access, Hyoen will be aired on NHK BS Premium.

(Now how I wish we'd get the same announcement for FaOI Niigata...)

Anyone interested on a streaming party for this? I have streaming links for NHK BS Premium :D 

10 hours ago, Shayuzu said:

ah...off-season is finally settling in within me. The time when zuzu goes back to being a recluse :13877886:

I've felt it too, today especially. It's only the beginning of the real draught but I'm already feeling parched :tumblr_inline_mg16fphSd01qdlkyg:

18 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Anyone interested on a streaming party for this? I have streaming links for NHK BS Premium :D 

I'd definitely be interested :8122685: