General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, vd_turnan said:

I would like to go to the GPF and I need some advice from those who have been to GPF before, if there's anyone willing to share some information.

The cost is quite high for it (competition, travelling, hotel, etc.) and I only want to go see Yuzu. Although I would like to see a FS competition live, I'm not willing to make such a great financial effort as what the GPF will come to be. 

Do you guys think it should be better to wait buying the tickets until after NHK? It's quite late and there's not much time between NHK and GPF. After his declarations, I have a fear of him landing the 4A at NHK and then saying "this is it" (although he also said his goal is to regain his GPF title). Also, after last year, I'm dreading this second GP, because of what it does to his body.

Regarding tickets, I've seen some people selling tickets on this site, I was thinking that maybe I should buy from them than from the official website, as to help fellow fanyus, who might have bought the ticket but cannot go anymore. Could you please give some insight on which is better?

Thanks a lot!

Hi :8122685:

I bought tickets for GPF last year and almost didn’t go after Yuzu’s WD. I went anyway and I had a great time, even if Yuzu wasn’t there I a had the chance the meet a lot of fellow sattelites, watched a lot of other good skaters (especially amongst the juniors).

Bar any injuries, Yuzu will go to GPF even if he lands the 4A in NHK, his competitive strike is on, he wants his GPF and World titles back. 

As from whom you should buy the tickets, it’s a question of trust. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a ticket from PH and yes it might help a fanyu. 

If you decide to go I hope we will meet!

3 hours ago, monchan said:

Sorry but I can't wait for Chiddy to give Yuzu the "Most Valuable Athlete" award with his own hands hohohooooo  :LOL:. The only worth-waiting moment from that cheap award :embSwan:

ahha me too...I demand Chiddy to be the one to award him!

1 hour ago, tafattsbarn said:

Dorky, dorky, dork :> Too cute so i had to share! 

:rofl3:

4 hours ago, micaelis said:

I think that is part of why Plushy became such a Yuzu pusher.  If you remember how he withdrew from Sochi at literally the last moment before the short program began.  He boosted Yuzu to make his retirement more explicable.  Later he became a genuine Yuzu fan, one of his most prominent.  

I am not sure exactly what you mean here, but Plushenko withdrew from Sochi because of a back injury. When he tried to land a 3A in the warm-up, a titanium bolt implanted in his back fractured and after that, he could not twist his back. Later he had the bolt taken out and tried to come back in 2015, although he had to give up due to another injury. I saw him in person several times in 2015 and I am sure he really was trying to come back because each time he was making his program more difficult than before, like adding a 3A, then doing 2 3As, etc. In short, I think he is the kind of person who wants to compete when he can and who aims to win when he competes. He is not the kind of person who would use Yuzu to save his face. Also, he had been naming Yuzu as his biggest rival at Sochi since early 2012, when Yuzu hadn't even won a medal at Worlds.

So the day NHK starts (Nov 22) is also the day I have:

The furnace guy coming

a hair appointment

my mom wants me to take her to her mammogram

mandatory radiation safety training at work (on my day off!!)

and 

the office Christmas party in the evening.

How did this happen? Don't these people know I have Yuzu skating to watch?!:disdain:

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Then whoever he picks for Beijing, I'm going to put money on. Because I never would have picked Alina. 

He probably knows the behind the scenes of RusFed too.

About Yuzuru it’s even more interesting considering how young Yuzu was.Max Ambesi said the same thing during his last podcast ,when he saw Yuzuru the first time at JGP ,already jumping amanzigly big 2A.

Then of course both Plushenko and Max know FS inside out ,so there’s that too.

Plushy said also that you f Yuzuru wanted to go for a third gold at Beijing,he could :biggrin:

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So the day NHK starts (Nov 22) is also the day I have:

The furnace guy coming

a hair appointment

my mom wants me to take her to her mammogram

mandatory radiation safety training at work (on my day off!!)

and 

the office Christmas party in the evening.

How did this happen? Don't these people know I have Yuzu skating to watch?!:disdain:

I wish they could move Thanksgiving.  There are more important things going on! I'm committed to visiting relatives who don't have internet.  I'll have to watch on my phone :sigh:

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Then whoever he picks for Beijing, I'm going to put money on. Because I never would have picked Alina. 

It's easy for me to say in hindsight since I wasn't following skating at the time, but looking back, Zhenya was injured and Alina was building momentum, winning everything she entered including beating Zhenya at Euros.  I would have picked Alina as well.

According to Plush, Yuzu can win 4 Olympics so I guess we have a lot more skating to watch, lol

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I wish they could move Thanksgiving.  There are more important things going on! I'm committed to visiting relatives who don't have internet.  I'll have to watch on my phone :sigh:

It's easy for me to say in hindsight since I wasn't following skating at the time, but looking back, Zhenya was injured and Alina was building momentum, winning everything she entered including beating Zhenya at Euros.  I would have picked Alina as well.

According to Plush, Yuzu can win 4 Olympics so I guess we have a lot more skating to watch, lol

If Yuzu wins 3 Olympics, it'll be the first in 98 years I think 

46 minutes ago, Salior said:

If Yuzu wins 3 Olympics, it'll be the first in 98 years I think 

Gillis Grafström is the only male single skater up to date to win three gold medals (and one silver medal) at the Olympics:

🥇 Antwerpen Summer Games 1920

🥇 Chamonix Winter Games 1924

🥇 St. Moritz Winter Games 1928

🥈 Lake Placid Winter Games 1932

So the last Olympic gold hattrick happend 91 years ago. You have to note that in 1920 figure skating was part of the Summer Games, there haven't been separate Winter Games yet.

In fact Yuzu could become the first ever skater to win three Winter Games in men's individual.

I think that is really worth a go. This might be the most realistic chance in this century, but Yuzu has to decide for himself.