General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, MrPudding said:

Is Fuji TV links the only one streaming or is there other streams?

Just now, katonice said:

Wow, this is like an early morning diet of figure skating programs (at least in my time zone).

Way to go CS Asahi :smiley-happy085:

The streams posted here work:

:) i guess that, since it's a 25minute long program we could comment it here?

45 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

I suspect it’s a venue that makes it difficult for them to film and air the show, ......

Oh my imagination. The irony would be just perfect :laughing:
"This is a bad venue, we can't do any fancy camera angles and won't be able to do some cool cuts between shots. Bored now, let's just not film this at all."

:bash:

Sorry for interrupting such an animated conversation with such trivialities, but with Yulia's permission, I translated what she had to say about Chopin's choreography, as it stands now: 

Right after Makuhari: 

"I love the beautiful step sequence after the 3A exit before the entry into the jump combination (which I hope will be worked on and refined). All the musical accents have been reflected not just in the arm and body movement, but skating moves as well. The axel is still sandwiched (counter – 3A -  [change of edge] counter]"

"A short summary of the step sequence (as much as we can see from the video). The pattern remained the same. But the first cluster of difficult turns (on the right foot) is quite different from the previous version of the Ballade and if shifted to the start of the SS. There are only two clusters of difficult turns (I think that either Jeff and Yuzu will work on that or they adjusted the SS in compliance with the latest changes in the rules – it’s only the first executed cluster on either leg which will count in as a  difficulty feature). A new exciting mini-sequence of steps and turns have emerged – could that be a place for the third cluster? – bracket on the left foot, chasse, then rocker and bracket on the right foot. All the steps and turns counting in are distributed evenly along the pattern and they alternate with figure skating elements (the thing I love was the Ina Bauer with the arms raised before the second cluster)". 

"This program feels more mature. He’s not rushed in it. Just as the music doesn’t have any superfluous moments, Yuzu’s skating doesn’t have any superfluous moves." 

After Makuhari and Kobe: 

"A short summary of what we saw in Kobe and Makuhari. The entry into 4Lo in both shows got ‘longer’ (if one compares it with the entry into 4Lo in LGC) and changed its trajectory not only because of smaller rinks, but to fit the timing. He added two backward power three turns just before the spread eagles – and I think he did it so that the entry steps and the jump itself would fit the musical phrasing. You can see the entry trajectory in the picture below.

What struck me right in Makuhari is the renewed skating choreography in the middle of the program starting from the exit of the sit spin right to the entry of the jump combination. This feligree of steps and turns (which includes quite a few of difficult ones) includes his favourite 3A which is fitted in so seamlessly that it creates the illusion of a jump in the middle of the step sequence. I don’t believe we will see anything comparable in difficulty and flow of moves from one element to another among the top-tier skaters. 

There’s an interesting balance of sit spin positions with the foot change. The difficult leg-forward spin on the left foot is done in two positions (the cannonball or shoot the duck spin and a difficult variation of the position both over three revolutions). His incredible musical arms don’t stop working during the sit spin. In today’s broadcast I took special note of the wide embracing arm movement when he took the free leg after the camel spin changing into the A-spin in the last spin combination. It fits the music perfectly.

The pattern of steps and turns in the step sequence hasn’t changed since Makuhari. He probably doesn’t need to change it. The step sequence and the combination spin after it is the musical culmination of the program and are done so fast that the risk of mistakes increases. But I’m sure Yuzu will execute those to the maximum level and GOE – especially after we’ve seen the power and pizzazz of LGC.

AtUH_z-xaFg.jpggnylYH7d2ok.jpg

The arrow in the first picture shows the position where Yuzuru does those backward power 3turns. after that you've got 'кораблик" - spread eagle. 

The second picture is the two sit spin variations on the left foot. 

Thanks @Fay for this translation :7938863: i really like to read these analysis 

By the way, we are plants and we need our steady stream of Yuzu related broadcasts. So...

:sadPooh: I guess we need the routine of getting up early/staying up late to see him hahaha. 

Again, i was told the off season was quiet!

ETA: I AM BOOBSKIRT YAY

14 minutes ago, Fay said:

Sorry for interrupting such an animated conversation with such trivialities, but with Yulia's permission, I translated what she had to say about Chopin's choreography, as it stands now: 

Right after Makuhari: 

"I love the beautiful step sequence after the 3A exit before the entry into the jump combination (which I hope will be worked on and refined). All the musical accents have been reflected not just in the arm and body movement, but skating moves as well. The axel is still sandwiched (counter – 3A -  [change of edge] counter]"

"A short summary of the step sequence (as much as we can see from the video). The pattern remained the same. But the first cluster of difficult turns (on the right foot) is quite different from the previous version of the Ballade and if shifted to the start of the SS. There are only two clusters of difficult turns (I think that either Jeff and Yuzu will work on that or they adjusted the SS in compliance with the latest changes in the rules – it’s only the first executed cluster on either leg which will count in as a  difficulty feature). A new exciting mini-sequence of steps and turns have emerged – could that be a place for the third cluster? – bracket on the left foot, chasse, then rocker and bracket on the right foot. All the steps and turns counting in are distributed evenly along the pattern and they alternate with figure skating elements (the thing I love was the Ina Bauer with the arms raised before the second cluster)". 

"This program feels more mature. He’s not rushed in it. Just as the music doesn’t have any superfluous moments, Yuzu’s skating doesn’t have any superfluous moves." 

After Makuhari and Kobe: 

"A short summary of what we saw in Kobe and Makuhari. The entry into 4Lo in both shows got ‘longer’ (if one compares it with the entry into 4Lo in LGC) and changed its trajectory not only because of smaller rinks, but to fit the timing. He added two backward power three turns just before the spread eagles – and I think he did it so that the entry steps and the jump itself would fit the musical phrasing. You can see the entry trajectory in the picture below.

What struck me right in Makuhari is the renewed skating choreography in the middle of the program starting from the exit of the sit spin right to the entry of the jump combination. This feligree of steps and turns (which includes quite a few of difficult ones) includes his favourite 3A which is fitted in so seamlessly that it creates the illusion of a jump in the middle of the step sequence. I don’t believe we will see anything comparable in difficulty and flow of moves from one element to another.

There’s an interesting balance of sit spin positions with the foot change. The difficult leg-forward spin on the left foot is done in two positions (the cannonball or shoot the duck spin and a difficult variation of the position both over three revolutions). His incredible musical arms don’t stop working during the sit spin. In today’s broadcast I took special note of the wide embracing arm movement when he took the free leg after the camel spin changing into the A-spin in the last spin combination. It fit the music perfectly.

The pattern of steps and turns in the step sequence hasn’t changed since Makuhari. He probably doesn’t need to change it. The step sequence and the combination spin after it is the musical culmination of the program and are done so fast that the risk of mistakes increases. But I’m sure Yuzu will execute those to the maximum level and GOE – especially after we’ve seen the power and pizzazz of LGC.

AtUH_z-xaFg.jpggnylYH7d2ok.jpg

The arrow in the first picture shows the position where Yuzuru does those backward power 3turns. after that you've got 'кораблик" - spread eagle. 

The second picture is the two sit spin variations on the left foot. 

Thank you for this :thankyou:

It is always interesting to read this kind of detailed analysis of FS programs.

Yuzu makes it look easy, but explanations like this make one realise how difficult and intricate what he does really is. 

18 minutes ago, Fay said:

.... includes his favourite 3A which is fitted in so seamlessly that it creates the illusion of a jump in the middle of the step sequence. I don’t believe we will see anything comparable in difficulty and flow of moves from one element to another among the top-tier skaters.

This was my favorite moment from today's broadcast :7938863:

Thank you @Fay for sharing these insights with us!!

26 minutes ago, Fay said:

There’s an interesting balance of sit spin positions with the foot change. The difficult leg-forward spin on the left foot is done in two positions (the cannonball or shoot the duck spin and a difficult variation of the position both over three revolutions). His incredible musical arms don’t stop working during the sit spin. In today’s broadcast I took special note of the wide embracing arm movement when he took the free leg after the camel spin changing into the A-spin in the last spin combination. It fit the music perfectly.

Thank you Fay and of course, if possible, convey our thanks to Yulia too please! :thankyou:

This is my favorite bit of the program. I mean that entire section of it, with the 3A and a bit after that, because that's the part where he is floating almost, one with the music but yes, that spin is absolutely gorgeous. The arms are just divine. Change of position is also right on the musical cue, his arms spread right on the note, it's insanity really. In the best of ways.

7 minutes ago, lilsailor said:

thats not too bad then, about 45minutes travel? 

I think so... looking at google maps distance between ice arena and Olympic stadium is about the same with distance between ice arena and official hotel of 4CC, and 4CC site noted that travel time is 40 minutes IIRR

2 hours ago, katonice said:

Read on Twitter that the Japanese fans are trying to convince Fuji (or whichever network has the rights) to air the Niigata show.

Let's hope they're successful.

By the way are Japanese fans protesting about the camera work? I just watched the opening again and I'm so ticked off lol