General Yuzuru Chat

Mainichi article from 22.02.2018 translated by tsukihoshi.

The rule will change starting from next season (towards focusing on the GOEs). Do you wish to create a program that will leave everyone lost for words, or something of that kind?

It’s the same for either the skating or the expression, and especially true for the mood of a program, but after all, this is a sports with different preferences [people may like or dislike]. Therefore, I tell myself that there’s probably no program that can put everyone at a lost for words. That’s why, like what I said earlier, I intend do the things that I myself can enjoy and want to do, and I will be grateful if others watch those things and think that they’re wonderful; this is not an enlightenment or anything, it’s just that I’m now at a point where I can say that ‘I am me’.

Who knows what he's got bubbling around in that brain?  Could be new and surprising like Seimei, could equally be a warhorse that everyone has dissuaded him from up to now - remember Phantom?  Or he could have something from Johnny or Pluschenkos back catalogue in mind.....

6 minutes ago, Anony said:

Rach :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:Rach :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:Rach :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:Rach :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:Rach :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

14 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

"I am me and i can skate to something i've always wanted..." [carmen starts playing]

I'm torn between Tchaikovsky's swan lake, sleeping beauty suite, piano concertos, and Rach's Vocalise. 

But guys...what if it's POTO 2.0 (since he insisted on it before) or *le gasp* Zigeunerweisen (hey, he does like strawberries and things red). :slinkaway:

Wait, I got it. What is distinctively Yuzu-Koi Dance, done by a full orchestra- the full works of the Tokyo Philharmonic with Gustavo Dudamel as conductor. :13877886:

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm torn between Tchaikovsky's swan lake, sleeping beauty suite, piano concertos, and Rach's Vocalise. 

But guys...what if it's POTO 2.0 (since he insisted on it before) or *le gasp* Zigeunerweisen (hey, he does like strawberries and things red). :slinkaway:

The tissue box cover was a secret sign!!

Turandot and Zigeunerweisen. We have to acknowledge the signs. 

Oh, I will laugh if my silly jokes turn out to be true, but I'll just be so glad to have him back and skating again. :laughing: 

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

45 glorious minutes of live broadcast. 

2 hours ago, freeyafanfan said:

Ciontu this week and parade the next week, I'll be a hermit :popcorn::smiley-dance018:

Ugh, I just realized I'll most likely be out of town and in the middle of nowhere on the 22th...

And watching CiONTU seems to mean getting up before 6 a.m. on a Sunday :13877886: But it's totally going to be worth not catching up on sleep and being a zombie for the following week :laughing:

1 hour ago, singermelodie1 said:

Welcome to uncanny valley... :slinkaway: Even Yuzu seems sorta weirded out by this :laughing:

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

The tissue box cover was a secret sign!!

Turandot and Zigeunerweisen. We have to acknowledge the signs. 

noooooo no no no, big misunderstanding, the tissue box was actually there to say "Second OGM? Piece of cake, I can do that on one foot if I have to"