General Yuzuru Chat

Good to hear that he's recovered now. 
Since last November I had trouble watching any video of his performance until the end because I was scared to think how far I could be from the reality while watching his past performances, but thanks to Javi,  I can finally watch the videos of his performances without feeling sad or uneasy.
Thank you, @xeyra, for sharing the news and thank you, @Yatagarasu, @Hydroblade for translating Javi's comment!:thanks:

Well, Frank Caroll just doesn't like Yuzuru. I think Rohene Ward made the same statement in 2015 too. Its not a big deal, that's their opinion and it won't affect on how most people's view on him. Just read Stephan's quote twice and you'll feel better :'D

Ah... Frank Carroll... one of few prominent FS figures I've mentally blacklisted. In all seriousness though, don't take anything he says seriously. He's just another old nationalist with no understanding of the concept of modesty and respect.

Basically what I'm saying is, don't listen to him, listen to Swiss king, Stephane instead.

3 minutes ago, Katt said:

Well, Frank Caroll just doesn't like Yuzuru. I think Rohene Ward made the same statement in 2015 too. Its not a big deal, that's their opinion and it won't affect on how most people's view on him. Just read Stephan's quote twice and you'll feel better :'D

Just watch Yuzuru skate and you'll feel better.  At least with Brian the quality of Yuzu's jumps improved.  Poor Gracie went to Frank and that's where her big jumps went to die...  

I'm so glad Yuzu is under the radar and there are no new statements from him or his people or anything else. He's the mystery right now that no one has seen (javi doesn't count) and trying to figure out how to compete against an invisible mystery can be difficult in many different ways, including psychologically. I, for one, certainly hopes he makes none of his normal statements when he arrives at an airport for competition ie. "i'm in perfect condition." Maintain the mystery and that works on the psyche of others... and at the Olympics it can often be a mind game.  All eyes will be on him in practice.

No surprise about fans finding out his bus route to TCC in Toronto, it doesn't have throngs of people everywhere other than the usual places and times...but I bet he still has his anonymity when doing other things beyond the rink.... although I do think as the years go by that he is noticed more and more... ie. the airport pics this year 

The article was fine. For people starting to get interested in the Olympics who want to know the major players, I thought it did a good job of hitting the major points of his history and global impact on the sport. I would definitely think, hmm, who is this interesting fellow? and he would stick in my mind as I was anticipating the men's competition in PC.

30 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Just watch Yuzuru skate and you'll feel better.  At least with Brian the quality of Yuzu's jumps improved.  Poor Gracie went to Frank and that's where her big jumps went to die...  

:offtopic:

I'm never going to let go what he did to Gracie. In no way am I a big Gracie Gold fan, if at all, but I don't like Carroll. The way he treated her was awful, ESPECIALLY knowing she's at her most fragile moment.

Anyway, end of rant, sorry for that :tumblr_inline_mf8apprSKJ1qid2nw:

40 minutes ago, Katt said:

Stephan's quote are enough for me. I will need to watch Yuzuru skate when there's 10x bitter words =))))

Yes. But I never need a reason to watch him skate, lol.  

45 minutes ago, Anony said:

:offtopic:

I'm never going to let go what he did to Gracie. In no way am I a big Gracie Gold fan, if at all, but I don't like Carroll. The way he treated her was awful, ESPECIALLY knowing she's at her most fragile moment.

Anyway, end of rant, sorry for that :tumblr_inline_mf8apprSKJ1qid2nw:

Definitely understand the anger but please remember that, per forum rules, direct personal attacks aren't allowed. I have edited your post a little bit.  

28 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Definitely understand the anger but please remember that, per forum rules, direct personal attacks aren't allowed. I have edited your post a little bit.   

Sorry abt that :tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5:💦💦 as you can tell I have............. feelings

5 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

tbf spirit of athletes 1 was clearly showing the name of the station where he got off the train, i was surprised that they left that there...

They would not even need that clue, honestly. 

Yeah, I was surprised they left It too, but he wasn't *Yuzuru HANYU!! * back then. Doubt they expected people would travel there and try to find him.

6 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I don't know what's the exact context, it just looks like he was watching the competition at Finlandia, back in 2012 probably.

Really late to reply but woah that was one empty competition, then. 😂