General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

Speaking of 4CC, next season's will be in Anaheim, California. I feel like it's very likely Yuzu might go there, now that he's (hopefully) staying after PC. He doesn't even have to change continents and timezones to attend it! He might want to go for that elusive 4CC medal. 

But he will have to change time zones won’t he? Toronto is about 3 hours ahead of Anaheim. Flight is 5-6 hrs probably and a lot of airports in this area so lots of flight opportunities especially out of LAX (which is an awful busy airport). I expect a lot of Team USA to compete as well since it’s in the states and many skaters seem to train in Southern California. 

9 hours ago, Xen said:

oh gods, you gave her ideas, next up is 1000 origami poohs...

I've seen someone on FB try to make 1000 poohs (senba pooh), not sure how is her progress...seems really complicated. 

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

Speaking of 4CC, next season's will be in Anaheim, California. I feel like it's very likely Yuzu might go there, now that he's (hopefully) staying after PC. He doesn't even have to change continents and timezones to attend it! He might want to go for that elusive 4CC medal. 

I wish Yuzu will go there and I'll definitely be there if that's the case!

2 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

I'd like to say the same, dear Nobu, but I'd be lying because I laid the seed of the harem on fertile, creative soil and I'm not ashamed. :P

Dear Nobu, I helped to nurture the seed and I'm not ashamed too. :P

24 minutes ago, kiches said:

But he will have to change time zones won’t he? Toronto is about 3 hours ahead of Anaheim. Flight is 5-6 hrs probably and a lot of airports in this area so lots of flight opportunities especially out of LAX (which is an awful busy airport). I expect a lot of Team USA to compete as well since it’s in the states and many skaters seem to train in Southern California. 

Oh yeah. :facepalm: Nevermind, I am terrible with timezones. But 3h is still a much better change than USA to Asia or Europe times. 

2 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

I'd like to say the same, dear Nobu, but I'd be lying because I laid the seed of the harem on fertile, creative soil and I'm not ashamed. :P

I am not sure whether or not I love you or hate you for it, but after writing that harem bit, I could actually visually imagine how each quad would look like, which Chinese historical era they would belong to, and at times even which empress/lady they should resemble, whether fictional or historical. :facepalm: And since they are all Yuzu's quads, they all are female versions of Yuzu...so thanks, but not really, for giving me very scary images of what Yuzu would look like, as a woman, in various Chinese historical garb. :13877886:

Another blog questioning the proposed changes of ISU with recent mentions: https://adivinesport.com/2017/10/24/is-the-isu-on-the-wrong-course/amp/

Take a look if you have spare time or just to admire meme overlord's dgaf expression in the first picture as he lands his jump (whoever decided to screenshot that moment and Nathan's jumpface later on in the post, you could do better).

I can nitpick on a few things but generally I agree. Hopefully ISU was just testing the waters and any upcoming changes will be heavily debated before passed.

What I do find interesting though, not only from this post but others as well, is the mention of Yuzu's wins as a reason to why drastic changes may not be necessary, but while its great Yuzu is the current leader across the board, he's actually not the standard. His programs with complexity and quality melding technique and artistty together may actually be an anomaly. Even if podium placement-wise it adjusts nicely at the moment with the best on top it will not always happen or keep on happening - and that may be the reason ISU is looking for changes in the first place.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

I am not sure whether or not I love you or hate you for it, but after writing that harem bit, I could actually visually imagine how each quad would look like, which Chinese historical era they would belong to, and at times even which empress/lady they should resemble, whether fictional or historical. :facepalm: And since they are all Yuzu's quads, they all are female versions of Yuzu...so thanks, but not really, for giving me very scary images of what Yuzu would look like, as a woman, in various Chinese historical garb. :13877886:

We should totally collab on an epic quad-harem fic. :biggrin: With art, but I can't draw. (With @singcarcom who will be in charge of all conflict resolution without breaking character because girl, you were trying to smooth them all out!) With timezones, workloads and stressing over our Emperor, we should be done in about five years.

6 hours ago, Floria said:

Three years?? Really ??? My first thought was three seconds...Until I discovered Alex's different hair style lol CoR does like pink...

BTW..Our Zuzu grows pretty fast..See ...He is now above Alexa's eyebrow...

3 minutes ago, SSS said:

..Our Zuzu grows pretty fast..See ...He is now above Alexa's eyebrow...

One thing I noticed: Yuzu rarely stands straight or with good posture when he takes a picture. Like his posing in the team japan photos or head tilts here. One of the reasons why it's so hard to gauge his height. :drama:

12 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

One thing I noticed: Yuzu rarely stands straight or with good posture when he takes a picture. Like his posing in the team japan photos or head tilts here. One of the reasons why it's so hard to gauge his height. :drama:

He stands straight on the podium.

Well the reason in those photos is probably because he is short or the other in the photo is short...No I should say he is tall or the other in the photo is tall.:laughing: 

7 hours ago, Fay said:

I might have been the only one person in the arena NOT enjoying people clapping to the beat. They were going off the beat all the time... :( 

No, you are Not..I am worried that the drum sound cannot be heard by Yuzu...Like the 2015gpf..I was trying to listen to the background music to find out the specific spot ...I could not...Hope Yuzu memorizes his music.. tell me level three is not related...

5 hours ago, Floria said:

At least NHK now doesn't seem as intense as CoR after PChiddy announced only 3 quads in both programs. But we'll see how it goes at SC.  

You never know from competition to competition, so I never underestimate his competitors, especially Chiddy who could have a good day and he has a bad one. I'm sure Yuzu doesn't either. 

5 hours ago, meoima said:

Greatness has to obtain by trials and hardships. In fact I was afraid if Yuzuru won too much at the beginning of the season he might have lowered his guard down. But this is all good. He isn’t peaking yet and he will do better as the season goes. I do think Yuzuru is the chosen one, that’s why so many difficulties are thrown at him. 

From your mouth to the skate gods' ears.

5 hours ago, ymy said:

Alex is cute isn’t he? Lol

Alex is cute and really nice. Both he and Maia were so mannerable when I met them.  And at another instance in Helsinki we (@kiches and I) were in the lounge and they came in. She didn't say anything, but kiches's eyes got really big when he walked in :laughing:. He has that effect on women.