Everything posted by rockstaryuzu
-
General Yuzuru Chat
- General Yuzuru Chat
Just ask Alexa who's the G.O.A.T. That oughta do it.- General Skating Chat
- General Yuzuru Chat
In that case, they should definitely go for the Under Armour.- General Yuzuru Chat
Plenty of fancy/formal restaurants here, but I don't know anyone who goes to them for dates, unless it's something like a wedding anniversary or an engagement or something. Lots of government wonks using the restaurants for 'working dinners', though. And the men going to those use this dress jacket and shirt with open collar look (that Yuzu's got on) fairly frequently. My one and only boyfriend literally laughed at the idea of a fancy date. His idea of a special night out was paying for my ribs at Montana's. Sadly, he's the norm, not the exception around here :(. kind of glad we're exes. And I'd like to think Yuzu would have the class to treat a girl to a fancy date if he were so inclined.- Team Russia
I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this...- General Yuzuru Chat
Do people even go on those kinds of dates anymore? I haven't met anyone who's done it in the last 25 years...- General Yuzuru Chat
I was thinking the exact same thing. Who gets to stand there while replicas of their eyeballs are held up to them for colour comparison? Other than Yuzu, no one I know.- General Yuzuru Chat
Yes please. Honestly, Madame Tussaud's should save themselves some trouble and put Yuzu in the short-sleeve Under Armour. Then the figure will be a Yuzu for all occasions...- Team USA
...but he's working so hard to try and overcome it...you'd think he'd have gotten somewhere...- Team Canada
That choreo excites me. It looks like they tried to make as much use of Roman's beautiful long limbs and graceful lines as possible. I can't wait to see this in full, with music.- Team USA
So I finally had a chance to sit down and watch Nathan's SP, and...well...hmm...I can tell that he's trying. so. hard. There's definitely more going on in there than there was before, and it has an actual step sequence, and I can see that SLB worked hard to give him something better than he had before...but. But. But. It's still kind of meh. Why? I really want to like it.- General Yuzuru Chat
Probably because he hasn't officially withdrawn yet?- General Yuzuru Chat
Thanks! Right now I'm thinking that I should have made and put more feathers on the top (I only did it for the light-coloured ones you can see on his costume), but I was working at such a small scale that just making them was a challenge. I took a figure drawing class several years ago and I would recommend that to anyone. Apart from being the most fun you can have locked in a room with a naked man and 20 grey-haired grannies (for some reason all the students were old ladies in their retirement years except me), it's actually a really great way to learn to see someone. You think of people differently after you've spent 20 minutes studying the minutest details of the angle their jaw makes with their chin and trying to reproduce it accurately on paper or with clay. You get a lot of insight into how they occupy space. And that makes it easier to draw or model them. It's a lot of fun and I could geek out about it for hours.- [TW] Sexual Abuse & Misconduct in Figure Skating
Oof! It just keeps getting worse...- General Yuzuru Chat
It's back! What a relief... Thanks admins! Without the Planet, I do wild things: If you like the art, please drop a like on my Twitter too... it's looking weirdly lonely for some reason ...- Team Japan
Good for her!!!- Hey, remember us?
Not only is she not officially retired, she gave an interview this summer where she said she was thinking about competing some more. The woman's got the fountain of youth figured out when it comes to skating...- Team we're fewer but still good!
She seems to be doing ok with remote training.- General Skating Chat
Thing is, I work in Ottawa's largest hospital, and as of the most recent report from our CEO, we have only 10 cases in the hospital and 3 in ICU. Yes, positive cases are going up but it's not being reflected in hospitalizations (yet). Maybe this second round won't be as lethal? One can hope. Also, it's important to remember that the phrase 'hospitals nearing capacity' actually is a description of normal operating conditions, not something that happens because of COVID. Ontario hospitals are chronically over capacity for the past ten years. Of course long term care was, is, and shall remain a disaster as long as it's business as usual in them. I find it incredibly sad that we can't do better for the most vulnerable among us.- General Yuzuru Chat
well, TV Tropes is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek anyway, and I think it's volunteer-based, so my expectations aren't high. @barbara I think the image that lured me in was a partial view of an IB, but then when I clicked the link, there was nothing I could use.- General Yuzuru Chat
So I was Googling 'yuzuru hanyu ina bauer' images for a project today and for some reason the search landed me here: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/YuzuruHanyu Yup, Yuzu's now got his own entry in TV Tropes. LOL.- General Skating Chat
Keegan getting Skate America instead of Skate Canada blows. I hope he'll be safe in Vegas. Otherwise, the men's field for Skate Canada might be quite interesting. To my mind Roman, Nam, and Jason are fairly evenly matched if they're all having a good day. And Conrad, Joseph, and Nicholas are also on par with each other. So it should be a battle. I doubt there'll be any surprises in the pairs, and ice dance will be another bloodbath.- General Skating Chat
....can't see how they're going to pull it off. Ladies' NHK and CoR are going to be bloodbaths. I begin to see the strategic wisdom behind Rika's choice to train in Switzerland, she'll be at IdF instead. And I expect Satoko can win that SCI field pretty easily. Makes it all the more painful that Zhenya's in Moscow and not Toronto... if she'd been here in Canada that probably would have been a sure win for her.- General Skating Chat
- General Yuzuru Chat