Choose three out of this list:

Aoi Hono I

Aoi Hono II

Yume wo Ikiru

Yuzuru Hanyu Goroku

YUZURU photobook

Ice Jewels Season Photos 2016-2017

Ice Jewels Pyeongchang 2018 Special

It really depend on what you want out of it. If you want a translated copy of Aoi Hono I & II then buy them. They are mainly text with chibi yuzu's photos spread across the book. They are well done and standard book size. Yume wo ikiru more or less is the same as Aoi Hono I & II in term of structure. You get a couple photos of yuzu in hakama, which are lovely. Yuzuru photo book have older images of him until mid 2014ish. Ice Jewels Season Photos 2016-2017 is gorgeous  <3 Ice Jewels Pyeongchang 2018 is only 60 pages, though its gigantic. A little bigger than the  Figure Skaters magazine

Personally I'd rec the Ice Jewel season photos 2016-2017, Ice Jewel Pyeongchang if you want gigantic photos of yuzu, His autobiographies Aoi Honoo I & II since there are translation for them, they're really nice books to read. 

Group%20photos_zpszakihqvr.jpg

• 2 months later...

ok, I've only bought Aoi Honoo I and II and Yume wo Ikiru so far, so I still have 0 big pics of Yuzu (aside those stored on my PC LOL) and I'm planning to catch up with a bunch of magazines I've valiantly resisted to, till now...

so I'd like to know what about this

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4160082335/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&amp;psc=1

ETA: nevermind, read the content and there are too many non-Yuzu pages :10640793:

I'm already planning to get

Ice Jewels SEASON PHOTOBOOK 2016-2017

Ice Jewels PyeongChang special

and possibly Figure skaters vol 9

question: is this one really worth buying even if I'm already buying IceJewels PyeongChang special? Or can I survive without?

also between

Ice Jewels SEASON PHOTOBOOK 2015-2016

and

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4583625448/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&amp;psc=1

(is this Figure skate magazine? why all these magazine all have similar names????)

which one would be better? (or should I drop Figure Skaters vol 9 to make room for this?:67573697: or should I drop IceJewels PyeongChang?:13877886:)

Also, does any of the PyeongChang magazines I've listed have Swan pics?

From what I've gathered IceJewels and Figure Skate (and Figure skaters vol 9?) don't have the gala, but what about the others? (my head is spinning with which magazines has what:14066882:)

(I like UA, Swan, fierce Seimei, Ballade IB, dorky Zu too...but it looks like I'll need to make some sacrifices:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:)

ETA: and what about Figure Skaters vol 8?

It looks like it has OWG Swan but also some photos from worlds and SOI, anyone has it? How many pages of Yuzuru are there? I don't mind if there are a few pics of Waka or Boyang, but tbh when it comes to magazines I would only spend my money on Yuzuru.

Also, sorry but I couldn't care less about Shoma or Nathan pics, so those for me count as a minus:P

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

From what I've gathered IceJewels and Figure Skate (and Figure skaters vol 9?) don't have the gala, but what about the others? (my head is spinning with which magazines has what:14066882:)

The 3 PyeongChang magazines you mention above don't have any of the gala pictures. I don't have Figure Skaters Vol 10 that you list as the end, so I don't know.

Ice Jewels Vol 8 feature a few pages of Swan pics from the Olympic and gala practice pictures. Roughly half of the magazine is on Yuzu and the rest is on the others and various competition of last season. Also include a double side tear off poster of yuzu. Not sure if this is what you'd want since content wise its not as much Yuzu as the other mags you mention. 

If you simply want swan pictures, Ice Jewels season photobook 2016-2017 does have them from that season. I really like Ice Jewels season photobooks because they feature photos of him throughout the season including ice shows. Sorry not really helping here :headdesk:

9 hours ago, LadyLou said:

ok, I've only bought Aoi Honoo I and II and Yume wo Ikiru so far, so I still have 0 big pics of Yuzu (aside those stored on my PC LOL) and I'm planning to catch up with a bunch of magazines I've valiantly resisted to, till now...

so I'd like to know what about this

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4160082335/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&amp;psc=1

ETA: nevermind, read the content and there are too many non-Yuzu pages :10640793:

I'm already planning to get

Ice Jewels SEASON PHOTOBOOK 2016-2017

Ice Jewels PyeongChang special

and possibly Figure skaters vol 9

question: is this one really worth buying even if I'm already buying IceJewels PyeongChang special? Or can I survive without?

also between

Ice Jewels SEASON PHOTOBOOK 2015-2016

and

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4583625448/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&amp;psc=1

(is this Figure skate magazine? why all these magazine all have similar names????)

which one would be better? (or should I drop Figure Skaters vol 9 to make room for this?:67573697: or should I drop IceJewels PyeongChang?:13877886:)

(I like UA, Swan, fierce Seimei, Ballade IB, dorky Zu too...but it looks like I'll need to make some sacrifices:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:)

ETA: and what about Figure Skaters vol 8?

It looks like it has OWG Swan but also some photos from worlds and SOI, anyone has it? How many pages of Yuzuru are there? I don't mind if there are a few pics of Waka or Boyang, but tbh when it comes to magazines I would only spend my money on Yuzuru.

Also, sorry but I couldn't care less about Shoma or Nathan pics, so those for me count as a minus:P

All these magazines are so good that it makes almost impossible to choose...:13877886:

I think the Ice Jewels photobooks are very good, I'd recommend both the 15/16 and 16/17 ones (the latter has beautiful Swan pictures, too). They have the best quality pictures of Yuzu, and the content is of course 100% him. If they'll release a 17/18 season photobook as well, then they may include some (or most?) pictures from the Ice Jewels Pyeongchang Special...+ there will be Swan pictures as well. Maybe it'd be worth dropping the PC Special now and wait a bit until they release the new photobook.

Anyway, if you'd like to have a look, this user on YT uploaded videos of IJ PC Special and Figure Skaters Vol 9..magazines.

I don't have Figure Skaters Vol. 10 but there's a huge Swan poster in it and I read a review of it in which they wrote that 65 out of 82 pages are Yuzu, and there are Swan and EX practice pictures too.

And I also don't have the newest FS Memorial magazine but in general it's one of my favourite ones.. . it's a bit smaller in size, but has 150-160 pages and about 95% of it is only Yuzu pictures, there are always practice/SP/FS/gala practice/gala/press conf images. According to the reviews, the newest magazine also has tons of Swan pictures.

This magazine is also good, about 80-90% Yuzu and has a poster in it as well.

(Other magazines which have the highest quality images of Yuzu are the regular Ice Jewels magazines and Sportiva. Ice Jewels has articles, interview and pictures of other skaters too and Sportiva covers other sports so overall the Yuzu content is less...but I really like the Yuzu interviews in Ice Jewels so I have a couple of those magazines+usually they have posters too!).

so..all in all, it's really hard to make a choice, but I hope if you'll like those you decide to buy :67638860: :7562096:

6 hours ago, tenten9 said:

The 3 PyeongChang magazines you mention above don't have any of the gala pictures. I don't have Figure Skaters Vol 10 that you list as the end, so I don't know.

Ice Jewels Vol 8 feature a few pages of Swan pics from the Olympic and gala practice pictures. Roughly half of the magazine is on Yuzu and the rest is on the others and various competition of last season. Also include a double side tear off poster of yuzu. Not sure if this is what you'd want since content wise its not as much Yuzu as the other mags you mention. 

If you simply want swan pictures, Ice Jewels season photobook 2016-2017 does have them from that season. I really like Ice Jewels season photobooks because they feature photos of him throughout the season including ice shows. Sorry not really helping here :headdesk:

On the contrary, you're very helpful thanks!:thanks:

I think I'll probably go for Ice Jewels photobooks +....I need to think very deeply about the others :laughing: 

Figure skaters 10 is luring me really hard, too

anyway,  completely unrelated but your nick makes me smile, it reminds me of a character I liked a lot:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

thank you @sallycinnamon too

idk if I am strong enough to wait for a new IceJewels photobook, I was thinking 'let's wait' but then I watched that preview:59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s:

ok, more homework to do, it looks like I won't be able to order anything today:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I'm new to PlanetHanyu so I'm not really sure if my question is supposed to go here....

I'm going to Japan in a few weeks, around late July and want to buy some of Yuzuru's magazines, namely Ice Jewels since I'm not Japanese hence I don't understand any Japanese.  I would like to buy some but I'm on a budget so I would like to know how much the Ice Jewels photobooks cost?  Any rough estimate or previous knowledge could help!! 

Thank you!

6 hours ago, mavpudding said:

Hello! I'm new to PlanetHanyu so Ibm not really sure if my question is supposed to go here....

I'm going to Japan in a few weeks, a round late July and want to buy some of Yuzuru's magazines, namely Ice Jewels since I'm not Japanese hence I don't understand any Japanese.  I would like to buy some but I'm on a budget so I would like to know how much the Ice Jewels photobooks cost?  Any rough estimate or previous knowledge could help!! 

Thank you!

Hello! 

I've purchased photobooks 2015-16 and 2016-17 a month ago for 2100¥ (16-17€) and 2300¥ (about 18 €) on amazon.co.jp. I think prices won't be that different in bookstores, maybe a little cheaper but not much. The new 2017-18 photobook on amazon is 2700¥ (about 20€)

The Ice jewels Pyeongchang special iirc was about 1200 ¥, tho I guess some pics could be in the new photobook too.

Usually the individual issues have lower prices, from what I've seen FS magazines like Ice Jewels, Figure Skaters (huge pages!) and so on are usually in the range 1200-1800 ¥

I wanted to purchase the Pyeongchang Memorial(??? sorry I'm on mobile and can't remember my password to check my wishlist) tho it was pricey, but it was sold out:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: it looked like it had many many pics

I've also purchased Yuzuru's books (iirc about 1500 ¥ each) even if I can't understand japanese and now I'm reading the english translation provided by fans :10636614:

I hope you'll enjoy your time in Japan!:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I'm so envious

Does anybody own these ones

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/4863367724/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&psc=1

and

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/4802304625/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&psc=1

The content seems to be the same: PC, Sendai Parade, CWW and FaOI, but the first one is quite expensive. So I can't decide...

The new Figure Skaters is tempting but it is sold out for now...

23 hours ago, Floria said:

Does anybody own these ones

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/4863367724/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&psc=1

and

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/4802304625/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&psc=1

The content seems to be the same: PC, Sendai Parade, CWW and FaOI, but the first one is quite expensive. So I can't decide...

The new Figure Skaters is tempting but it is sold out for now...

the picture links wont show up :/

On 7/12/2018 at 2:26 AM, LadyLou said:

Hello! 

I've purchased photobooks 2015-16 and 2016-17 a month ago for 2100¥ (16-17€) and 2300¥ (about 18 €) on amazon.co.jp. I think prices won't be that different in bookstores, maybe a little cheaper but not much. The new 2017-18 photobook on amazon is 2700¥ (about 20€)

The Ice jewels Pyeongchang special iirc was about 1200 ¥, tho I guess some pics could be in the new photobook too.

Usually the individual issues have lower prices, from what I've seen FS magazines like Ice Jewels, Figure Skaters (huge pages!) and so on are usually in the range 1200-1800 ¥

I wanted to purchase the Pyeongchang Memorial(??? sorry I'm on mobile and can't remember my password to check my wishlist) tho it was pricey, but it was sold out:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: it looked like it had many many pics

I've also purchased Yuzuru's books (iirc about 1500 ¥ each) even if I can't understand japanese and now I'm reading the english translation provided by fans :10636614:

I hope you'll enjoy your time in Japan!:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I'm so envious

thank you so so much!!

I have several Kiss&Cry Magazines. 1 Figure Skate one and all the Ice Jewels I could get my hands on in a moment of buying weakness that I cant say i regret. I have Aoi Honoo II as well. In all listed I cant say there are any complaints with quality. Im a personal sucker for training pics, swan, and H&L. I bought one magazine right after the Olympics and the 1st magazine was a bit disappointing. But that was my own fault. I thought it was Yuzu centric and it wasnt, it jumped around to various winter sports. Hence why now i primarily stick to Kiss&Cry and Ice jewels.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2018 at 8:09 PM, sallycinnamon said:

The first link @Floria posted is this: 

51rdqugKL6L._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

and the second:

51Qq6U9J+NL._SX360_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I don't have these magazines but both look very good: the first one is a bigger magazine with around 100 pages, 80% Yuzu content (and a poster I think). The second one is 80 pages and 90% of the magazine is about Yuzu :59227c768286a__s:

I finally fot my magazines thie weekend and Kiss&Cry is really nice. It has pics of all Yuzu events from PC to Fantasy on Ice. About 80% is Yuzu, rest is Shoma, Kazuki, Keiji and Tatsuki Machida.

I also bought Sportiva with the Parade Yuzu on the cover. Similar content to K&C, but no Fantasy, plus Satoko and Wakaba. 

Hardcover AERA is great, but a warning: has two pics from CoC 2014, Yuzu on the wheelchair (a small one) and one pic of NHK fall.

Ice Jewels Season Photobook is wondeful as always!