Magazines and Photobooks - Recommendations and Reviews

On 31.07.2017 at 2:52 PM, Floria said:

I can confirm it too, 95% of magazine are Yuzu's pics, but no cat ears. I also have "Road to glory" number and it's even more Yuzu-centric. Only 2 pages that are not Yuzu's pics :laughing:

On 8/22/2017 at 10:12 PM, boredjodyc said:

JUST GOT IT MYSELF :10742290: I can confirm there're 100 pages of Yuzu (and one or two photo for other skaters who participate FaOI) AND OH MY HEART!!  

BUT for cat-ear photos you have to go for the FaOI photobook! 

Aww I finally decided to buy one more yuzu book and I'm perplexed between buying this one or the ice jewels season photobook :10636614: :10636614: can anyone recommend or review em for me?

8 hours ago, freeyafanfan said:

Aww I finally decided to buy one more yuzu book and I'm perplexed between buying this one or the ice jewels season photobook :10636614: :10636614: can anyone recommend or review em for me?

フィギュアスケートファン通信21 is focused on FaOI. Lovely pictures! But you only get show costumes and Chopin. The new season photobook has more diversity. Both LGC costumes, H&L, EX, practices, and a couple of off-ice pictures, medal ceremonies, a few shots from FaOI. Lots of full page images. Some are spread over 2 pages, but you still get about 70 pages of pictures. 

9 hours ago, freeyafanfan said:

I'd recommend the season photobook!

The quality of pictures is the best, all pictures look amazing. As Pamigena said the photobook has more diversity, it has pictures of both LGC, Hope and Legacy, Swan, some pictures from TCC and FaOI + off-ice. The protocols of Yuzu's competitions are also in the magazine, I like that too. 

I think you won't be disappointed if you decide to buy it :smile:

Just now, Pamigena said:

フィギュアスケートファン通信21 is focused on FaOI. Lovely pictures! But you only get show costumes and Chopin. The new season photobook has more diversity. Both LGC costumes, H&L, EX, practices, and a couple of off-ice pictures, medal ceremonies, a few shots from FaOI. Lots of full page images. Some are spread over 2 pages, but you still get about 70 pages of pictures. 

Just now, sallycinnamon said:

I'd recommend the season photobook!

The quality of pictures is the best, all pictures look amazing. As Pamigena said the photobook has more diversity, it has pictures of both LGC, Hope and Legacy, Swan, some pictures from TCC and FaOI + off-ice. The protocols of Yuzu's competitions are also in the magazine, I like that too. 

I think you won't be disappointed if you decide to buy it :smile:

oh wow okay then! thanks for the review :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

On 7/31/2017 at 5:52 AM, Floria said:

yes i highly recommend this magazine

it was 100 pages of yuzu plus the front and back covers are yuzu

and 14 pages of all other skaters

this ratio is :2thumbsup:

On 26/8/2017 at 7:09, yuzuangel said:

yes i highly recommend this magazine

it was 100 pages of yuzu plus the front and back covers are yuzu

and 14 pages of all other skaters

this ratio is :2thumbsup:

Thanks to all who answered! I bought the magazine, the season photobook and the FaOI photobook. It's my birhtday after all! :laughing:

Got my magazines from cdjapan today

Fantasy on Ice Photobook 2017

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2106078

Good quality, some neko!Yuzu, but I really thought there would be more Yuzu photos, in reality there're pics of many skaters.

Figure Skate Fan Tsushin 21

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2108556

Mostly Yuzu iceshow photos! No neko!Yuzu but lots of good once! Definately worth buying!

KISS & CRY'16-17 Shizun Sube

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2104493

Some iceshow photos + from the season + poster with Yuzu in gold jacket

Figure Skate Memorial Sekai Figure Skate Senshuken 2017

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2086045

Love this magazine - it's mostly Yuzu pics all the time (in this one there're pics from Worlds)

Hanyu Yuzuru SEASON PHOTOBOOK Ice Jewels 2016-2017

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2119080

I think professional photographers have tons of Yuzu's very good photos, so to choose one for a photobook must be a headache, but in this one all are great, a lot of pretty/cute once :10636614:

On 2017. 08. 31. at 1:32 PM, Lunna said:

Nice videos - you can understand what's inside the magazines

Both magazines look fantastic....:acceptable:

I have the Figure Skate Memorial Sekai Figure Skate Senshuken 2017 magazine too, it's very good, I can't recommend it enough! 115 pages only Yuzu pictures from the World Championships - from the SP, FS, gala, practices, press conferences, and the medal ceremony. There are about 200 good quality pictures of Yuzu + four pics of Shoma, 2-2 of Keiji and Boyang, and one pic of Javi, Nathan and Patrick (overall 12 pages). It's worth every penny! :7938863:

On 2017. 08. 31. at 10:54 PM, sallycinnamon said:

Both magazines look fantastic....:acceptable:

I have the Figure Skate Memorial Sekai Figure Skate Senshuken 2017 magazine too, it's very good, I can't recommend it enough! 115 pages only Yuzu pictures from the World Championships - from the SP, FS, gala, practices, press conferences, and the medal ceremony. There are about 200 good quality pictures of Yuzu + four pics of Shoma, 2-2 of Keiji and Boyang, and one pic of Javi, Nathan and Patrick (overall 12 pages). It's worth every penny! :7938863:

FS Memorial is also my favorite magazine :smiley-happy085::smiley-happy085:

• 4 weeks later...