2019 Russian Ladies World Team Selection

12 minutes ago, liv said:

I questioned it from the beginning when the link wouldn't even take me there. And English CBC would've jumped on that news like chicken on a bug if it had been true.

59 minutes ago, Fay said:

So someone must have been very drunk. Hope they find the prankster! 

I'm wondering if it was a hack. 

On 2/27/2019 at 11:39 AM, wpisces said:

I wonder if choreo has something to do with it ? She was like dying swan skating the stsq. 

This music is from Act 3 of Tosca - she needs to look like a dying swan.  She doesn't just die, she dies dramatically, tragically.

On 2/27/2019 at 1:07 PM, Paskud said:

Please. Misha already did it. I'm almost sure it is Zazura in background.

Yuzu looks like he's just checking out the ice and is going to skate next; no, this is something else:  great PR to increase her PCS.  Great PR!

6 hours ago, Fay said:

Meanwhile the RusFed is angrily denying they pay those $100k a month for Zhenya’s stay in Canada

https://www.fsrussia.ru/news/4275-o-raskhodakh-federatsii-na-podgotovku-evgenii-medvedevoj-v-kanade.html

Of course they don't. If they even had that kind of money, there's other things they would spend it on.

2 hours ago, katonice said:

Just curious, is Worlds selection normally done via Coaches' council in Russia. When we say RusFed decides, it essentially means the coaches decide? 

I think so. 30 something coaches voted, and I know Eteri and Mishin were among them. I think there's a list somewhere of everyone who was on the council.