2019 Russian Ladies World Team Selection

9 hours ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

I don’t like how Brian used to “use” Yuzu and Yuna to boost his other skaters in front of media. But that’s his job. He’s a good businessman. 

He certainly is. People will do well to remember that he's a top coach -- and like any other top coach, [admin edit: bashing]. They got where they are through skill, but also backroom deals, politics, and PR. (Unless you're Gambill/Z/Krall: then it's entirely through backroom deals, politics, and PR).

1 minute ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

But Yuzu will probably be more loved and popular if Brian helps him more on the PR side. I think Brian’s PR is quite useful for “casual” fans - He has done wonders for Javi at least.

I don’t like how Brian “use” Yuzu and Yuna to boost his other skaters in front of media. But that’s his job. He’s a good businessman.

And then he will say another fantastic comment like the one about how it is "fair" to choose Med over Liza.

3 minutes ago, Yume said:

Well, that stills disgusting.

Personally, I am more hurt at Mai Mihara being sacrificed to Satoko Miyahara. 

And most Japanese girls being underscored compared to Satoko last season. But no hurt, Satoko was coming back from a serious injury, so the Federation deemed it fit to hold her up a little. 

That’s what most federations do, they help their favourites. Whether you like it or not. As I said, Alina has been helped quite a lot too - not so many skater get 70 points PCS with TES just over 50. That’s quite some favouritism too. 

Unfairness here is stunning, and it really gets me how Liza must feel. I really hope she's strong because I would seriously give up in her place.

Reading quotes from officials how this is fair because Zhenya won Russian Cup is really like a joke. Even with that one win (that shouldn't even happen imo, sooooo much overscoring), that's just so wrong and they are shamelessly saying that it was based on "sports principle". We all know what it was based on.

Anyway, I undertand why they did it but it doesn't make me feel less sick because of it.

8 minutes ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

But Yuzu will probably be more loved and popular if Brian helps him more on the PR side. I think Brian’s PR is quite useful for “casual” fans - He has done wonders for Javi at least. Of course big agencies like IMG have great expertise in promoting atheletes.

I don’t like how Brian used to “use” Yuzu and Yuna to promote his other skaters in front of media. But that’s his job. He’s a good businessman.

Oh no no no. Orser's PR is the last thing Yuzuru needs, even when he bombs. He is an althele and as a true sportman, the results will tell all. 

10 minutes ago, Paskud said:

And then he will say another fantastic comment like the one about how it is "fair" to choose Med over Liza.

That’s a good idea actually. Maybe say something like everyone at TCC is supporting Zhenya to go to Worlds. Or maybe post a video of them together traning for worlds to fuel the teammate narrative. Then Yuzu fans will all support Zhenya instead of other skaters. 

Just now, Yume said:

I'm glad Brian doesn't help Yuzu on PR side. If it's for saying that kind of hypocritical comment, no thanks.

Excuse me? Who do you think it was to keep up a straight face and brightly say Yuzu was in no pain before the Olympics last year and was sure aiming at the gold? There was a very cunning PR campaign there - and Brian won it. 

Any coach will uphold and defend their charge. Mishin, Eteri, Brian - all of them will. That’s the part of the game. 

Good to know this is the "BOrser is bad" thread now :3:

Anyways, yes Liza deserved to go to worlds. Lots of skaters deserve to go to worlds btw and we do not vilify the ones who get send instead because of limited spots.

Did she maybe deserve it more than Zhenya this season? Probably. Does that mean Zhenya is the worst possible skater and it's the most unfair evil act in history? No.

That’s a good idea actually. Maybe say something like everyone at TCC is supporting Zhenya to go to Worlds. Or maybe post a video of them together traning for worlds. Then Yuzu fans will all support Zhenya instead of other skaters. 

Thank you for making his comment more legit. 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

Personally, I am more hurt at Mai Mihara being sacrificed to Satoko Miyahara. 

And most Japanese girls being underscored compared to Satoko last season. But no hurt, Satoko was coming back from a serious injury, so the Federation deemed it fit to hold her up a little. 

That’s what most federations do, they help their favourites. Whether you like it or not. As I said, Alina has been helped quite a lot too - not so many skater get 70 points PCS with TES just over 50. That’s quite some favouritism too. 

I'm sorry but Alina and Satoko's treatment can't be compared to Medvedeva's. What Medvedeva is getting and gets since her first senior season is another level. Seriously.

You can say Satoko was overscored in the olympic season. But after NHK, her first competition after injury, the girl put clean skate after clean skate (without obvious mistakes). Giving JSF material to push her, even if sometimes the pushing was not enough. Hell, if Satoko was Medvedeva she wouldn't have get those 3 URs calls in free skate at GPF in Japan. Without calls she would have medaled. She probably should have been third at most at 2017 nats, but that would have still got her the spot. 

Here you have a case where the skater didn't skated well the entire season but still got a spot because fed wanted to.

4 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Good to know this is the "BOrser is bad" thread now :3: 

It is not. Some criticism towards someone who made a comment that people took offense to is fair.

Anyways, yes Liza deserved to go to worlds. Lots of skaters deserve to go to worlds btw and we do not vilify the ones who get send instead because of limited spots. 

People here aren't vilifying Medvedeva.

Does that mean Zhenya is the worst possible skater and it's the most unfair evil act in history? No.

Of course, no one here is pretending like it is, either.

8 minutes ago, wpisces said:

Thank you for making his comment more legit. 

The entire PR for Javi during Euros was brilliant. They can try similar things for Zhenya for worlds. I suggest posting some pictures and videos traning with Yuzu and getting Yuzu to talk about Zhenya on the Olympic Channel (new Yuzu content yay), though this might be hard but not impossible if they try.

1 minute ago, Yume said:

I'm sorry but Alina and Satoko's treatment can't be compared to Medvedeva's. What Medvedeva is getting and gets since her first senior season is another level. Seriously.

You can say Satoko was overscored in the olympic season. But after NHK, her first competition after injury, the girl put clean skate after clean skate (without obvious mistakes). Giving JSF material to push her, even if sometimes the pushing was not enough. Hell, if Satoko was Medvedeva she wouldn't have get those 3 URs calls in free skate at GPF in Japan. Without calls she would have medaled. She probably should have been third at most at 2017 nats, but that would have still got her the spot. 

Here you have a case where the skater didn't skated well the entire season but still got a spot because fed wanted to.

Well, I can always argue that Satoko’s underrotations get ignored routinely. Which would be true - while Satoko has the best PCS in the world, she is one of the worst jumpers. 

And yeah, since Zhenya has been coming back from an injury, started training quite late, had to change her coaching team and her training attitude, the Fed is willing to give her some time to adjust herself. And yeah, it’s the Fed who decides who to send - is that news, really? 

The entire PR for Javi during Euros was brilliant. They can try similar things for Zhenya for worlds. I suggest posting some pictures and videos traning with Yuzu and getting Yuzu to talk about Zhenya on the Olympic Channel (new Yuzu content yay), though this might be hard but not impossible

Maybe a group picture captioned "we are ready for Worlds" is coming soon.