If It Wasn't for Yuzuru, I'd Never Have....

• 6 months later...

several months later:

So how many people wouldn't have even dreamed of ever doing a plank until Citizen (C-chan) initiated the contest, prompted by Yuzu's confession that he's doing planks to keep in shape right now?

Edit:

I'm referring to this:

Which translated, says that Citizen will be holding a contest in China, on weibo, where the person who submits video of them doing a plank the longest , will win an autographed Yuzu photo. 

At the beginning of the pandemic, I wasn’t exactly the most careful person... of course, I didn’t do things like gather in large groups and throw parties, but I wasn’t being super mindful about washing my hands and not touching my face etc. But with Yuzu’s statements, I’ve started being really careful with these things, and like him, I’m wearing a mask as much as possible and always disinfecting my things whenever I come back home. Thank you, Yuzu <3  maybe because of your example, I could have prevented myself or someone else from getting infected.

...I would never have started to learn Japanese, and with so much passion. I love everything in this language !

... I would never have started to practice figure skating. When I was a little girl, I used to watch figure skating and dream of being able to glide gracefully on the ice and perform like all those beautiful skaters. But the ice rinks were too far away from my home... After the Pyeongchang Olympics, I thought I should try it at least once... even if I was in my twenties ;-) .I loved it and now I go there almost every week even if the ice rink is not next door. 

... I would never have gone abroad to participate in figure skating camps (which allowed me to discover new countries) !

... I would never have registered on this forum where there are great people ! :happy0158:

Thanks Yuzu. :-) :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

• 2 months later...

Without Yuzuru, I'd never found the courage to start skating in my mid 30s. Seems rather dramatic, but figure skating ain't popular at all in my country, and there's practically no chance for adults to take lessons around my area. 

Being able to skate on ice was one of my childhood dreams, but I've always thought it was way out of my reach - just for kids who can still become real good - too expensive - too difficult for me to accomplish... etc.

So yeah, I'm absolutely grateful that my obssesion for him pulled me towards an activity that has given me so much joy. 

I started watching fs since 2018 because my friend is a figure skater and I found that this is a really beautiful and elegant sport; Performing arts and sports mixed.

However since I watched the men's div, I was shook haha and I immediately became his fan:tumblr_m33wn6Kgfe1qdlkyg: 

Without him I wouldn't have the urge to learn more about fs, studying the jumps, elements and scoring systems, other than just purely enjoying performances.

He also kinda brought me out from a serious depression I had for a very long time cause of the side effects of the medication I'm taking, and also all the stress I have to cope in my daily life. Things would have gone much worse without him. :,( ever since, I watch his Haru yo Koi to cheer myself up. I learnt a bit of Japanese in the past because I watch anime too, but now I learn more so I can understand what he says in his press confs xD

Besides being talented, he is a really warm hearted person too!

There is a Chinese saying, “幸得識卿桃花面,從此阡陌多暖春", meaning

"I'm fortunate to recognize you as a tender peach blossom petal, and from now on your grace will make the rest of the spring warmer"

I find this quote extremely matching for Yuzuru.:tumblr_inline_mzx8x6OEBn1r8msi5:

I hope the rest of the world can learn how to be an unyielding warrior just like him, and to view this world with gentleness, just like how he does.:tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

Have a nice day!:tumblr_inline_mjgka6fYNw1qz4rgp:

• 1 month later...

So after all my frustrations with trying to get the livestreams of JNats to work and navigating FujiTV and other channel websites and everything, I impulsively started studying Japanese last night with exactly this attitude:  :hachimaki_angryparty_: 

I don't know why I only suddenly started now, it must have finally broke me.... Just finished hiragana, onto katakana..... :ohno: Thanks a bunch Yuzu ....  :dontdothistome:

18 minutes ago, swan_queen said:

Just finished hiragana, onto katakana..... :ohno: Thanks a bunch Yuzu ....  :dontdothistome:

You can do ittttt!!!! I love how Yuzu can push fans to learn another new language:dancingpooh:

Hiragana in one day woah you’re doing great!!!   :knc_yuzu1:

Spoiler

even as a chinese I still think that kanji is a monster:yuck: ohmygoood

2 hours ago, swan_queen said:

So after all my frustrations with trying to get the livestreams of JNats to work and navigating FujiTV and other channel websites and everything, I impulsively started studying Japanese last night with exactly this attitude:  :hachimaki_angryparty_: 

I don't know why I only suddenly started now, it must have finally broke me.... Just finished hiragana, onto katakana..... :ohno: Thanks a bunch Yuzu ....  :dontdothistome:

Yeah, that's just about why I started, too. :yuzushrug:

12 hours ago, swan_queen said:

Good for you! I studied Japanese on and off when I was younger, but watching Yuzu has given me the motivation to really work hard and study consistently. It’s so rewarding to be able to understand bits and pieces of Japanese footage. Understanding Yuzu himself is still beyond me, though - he talks so fast and uses such complex sentence structures that I still get completely lost.

I don’t know if you’ve seen it, but we do have a Japanese study group thread on here, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yuzu has changed me as a person for the better. Because of Yuzu:

• I have become a hermit, not speaking to family and friends over the last 42 days whislt i watched every single performance i could find and every interview subbed in English (and some that were not)
  •  I have gained motivation from Yuzu to give up smoking. Every time I want a smoke I think to myself; if Yuzu can mentally strengthen himself to do all that he does then surely it will not be hard for me to do this one simple thing
  • I have decided to learn Japanese so I can go to Japan one day and immerse myself in the experience
  • I am starting to look at local communities that need help and trying to figure out which ones i can make a difference in
  • I started reading today about Japanese culture and have found it very interesting, I am going to study more of it in future
  • I kind of now understand why Yuzu gives the answers he does in interviews, and i am about to write something about it to satellites
  • I learnt of the existence of our translators and am for ever greatful that you all volunteer your time. Without you I would understand nothing.
  • I have started to think about how to change the way I interact with people to make more pleasant experiences, I want to be a fun person like Yuzu and Nobu
  • I learnt how to use Tumbler, google translate, Twitter, Instagram, chrome translator, video download era and Planet Hanyu
  • I have felt part of a new family in this Planet
  • I participated in Pooh-rain and it felt so good
  • I have a new love of my life and I will follow Yuzu always

Tl;dr Without Yuzuru I wouldn’t have been motivated to go back into music after a long break and take up ice skating.

After playing for 12ish years I had an accident in 2014, I can’t play with my left arm well at all now as a result and reeducation was so long, I abandoned compositing and arranging to focus on my body and stable studies+employment instead. I’ve recovered mostly so there it that, but since then, I’d been very anxious to return to composing and stuff. Last year I finally decided to make time for music again, and went back to composing and taught myself how to best program my instrument digitally, sure I can’t physically play anymore but I can still do what I can. Yuzuru’s tenacity inspires me a lot! 🌸

Also for the same reasons, I was forced to stop sport and as a result developed a phobia/trauma of hurting myself further, but after seeing him in PyeongChang I took up ice skating for the first time ⛸ I’ve gone back to other sports since then 

So if it wasn’t for Yuzuru, I wouldn’t be enjoying life nearly as much at all ;;