Team we're fewer but still good!

Guest turquoiseblue

Valtter Virtanen working as a doctor at ISU Adult Figure Skating Competition 2017 :rock:

Guest turquoiseblue

Some updates on Zahra Lari :img_21:

With Michelle Kwan:

Zahra winning the Stylist Arabia Award 2017:

Zahra being part of Nike's Pro Hijab campaign:

Guest turquoiseblue

An update on Peter Liebers:

Google translate:

Hello everyone,

I have not posted anything for a while, so I want to update you today.

I had to finish the last season prematurely due to a knee injury. Subsequently, once more, painful weeks followed with intensive rehabilitation.

Now I am finally fit again and I am fully in the preparations for the coming season.

In the last few weeks, I've been in Toronto and have been working on a new KP with my choreographers Lori Nichol and Shin Amano. I am very happy to present it soon.

In the coming weeks the preparation in Berlin continues, so I can start well prepared for the Olympic season.

16 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

An update on Peter Liebers:

Google translate:

Nice to read some update by Peter.

I was wondering if his knee injury had anything to do that the fact that Paul Fentz was selected to compete at Euros and Worlds, even though Liebers won the German Nationals. I tried to search for official infos back in January but couldn't find anything. So it may have been the reason for it.

I wish Peters the best. I hope he can come back strong and that his Olympic season will be as successful as it was four years ago :smile:

Ah thank you. Yes, he's been all over, doing choreo and it's obviously going very well for him so considering his injuries I am really not going to be surprised if this is it, Olympics or not. I'll miss him something awful though. 

One of the perks of watching the World Team Trophy was it opened my eyes up to a lot of skaters I've never seen before. For the ladies: I really enjoyed France's Laurine Lacavallier. It might have something to do with her SP music, which is gorgeous (Experience). I also liked the quality of her skating. I noticed that she will be competing in the GP series this upcoming season so I'll keep my eyes out for her.

For Ice Dance, something I've never chosen to watch, I really appreciated the Canadian pair (sorry can't remember their names off the top of my head).

Pairs: the French team really impressed me and I look forward to seeing if they can break into the podium.