Team we're fewer but still good!

It's 3 types of quads either way, but no new combo, and Javi doesn't seem too struggle with stamina (IMO; at least)

I think he had stamina issues this season. Except for CoR and TdF he struggled a lot with his FS and to me it seemed like he was really tired by the end of the program. In the past months he also looked a bit thinner to me.

As for his layout he will see how the success rate of his 4Lo will be, but I think adding a new quad for the Olympic season may be too risky for him. But if he chooses to add the 4Lo then I think a "safer" layout with 3-quads would be more of an option than a riskier 4-quad one which he never did before.

On 5/12/2017 at 21:30, beki said:

Does anyone know Sonia Lafuente's plans? Has she r****d?

That's a good question and honestly, no clue. I think it may be a possibility. I haven't seen a thing new though so we wait. 

Looking into it further, she competed at the Cup of Tyrol in March, finishing 7th with 128.78. I don't know her training situation. I liked watching her, but I'm also curious about Spain's potential lineup for the team event. Her most recent score is still higher than Valentina Matos' personal best, even though Sonia lost Nationals to her.

On 5/11/2017 at 05:30, sallycinnamon said:

I think he had stamina issues this season. Except for CoR and TdF he struggled a lot with his FS and to me it seemed like he was really tired by the end of the program. In the past months he also looked a bit thinner to me.

As for his layout he will see how the success rate of his 4Lo will be, but I think adding a new quad for the Olympic season may be too risky for him. But if he chooses to add the 4Lo then I think a "safer" layout with 3-quads would be more of an option than a riskier 4-quad one which he never did before.

I agree he tended to have struggled with stamina last season.To me he had been noticeably slower than previous seasons especially in the second half of lp, not to mention the increasing "I am taking a rest here" moments in his program. As for the possibility to upgrade his layout, I think he will at least try to add 4lo at some point, to see how it goes. And if he does, I bet it would be a 4 quads program; it is more about to stay in the top of the mix coz we dont just have one crazy kid, we have a bunch. It's Olympic season, play safe on your music choice, go bold on your jumps:smiley-rpg012:

36 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

I didn't know it was possible for an athlete to do two categories in the same season. 

Its common with singles and pairs. The most famous and accomplished couple would probably be Kristi Yamaguchi and Rudy Galindo :figure-skating-smiley: 

36 minutes ago, ShiroKJ said:

Its common with singles and pairs. The most famous and accomplished couple would probably be Kristi Yamaguchi and Rudy Galindo :figure-skating-smiley: 

Wow... that means they basically have to train more technical elements and have the double number of programs to practice... :0007: