Media Day 2018

2 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Sleeves are too much, also not sold on the front. All I need is tight fitting (black) costume (with as many sparkles as he wants) to be blown away by his lines (not only during training). Am I asking too much?:snonegai:

I'm waiting for a ballet inspired costume with tights for Nijinsky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaslav_Nijinsky#/media/File:Vaslav_Nijinsky_in_Le_spectre_de_la_rose_1911_Royal_Opera_House.jpg

Hmm, this could work for otonal.

I've only got access to the NHK one, but I'm watching it on loop, having a super un-productive friday at work.

Ahhhh....the stag leaps. I love it. Shae is really making him fly- so many leaps that were inspired by ballet all on display.

:sadPooh:

Gods, I haven't seen the full program and already, I'm in love with that movement set from 1:17 below:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20180831_14/

As for the his layout, for now, I think its wise to do 4s 3a 4t3t for the SP. Putting 4lo there is so risky with only 0.8+ on BV. Plus, Yuzuru went clean with this layout multiple times so it would let him focus more on his LP 

I;m abit worried about the LP's layout.< 4lo 4t 3lo 4s3t // 4tlo3s 3a2t 3a>  The chance for zayak is abit higher. If he pop 4lo to 3lo, either he must do 4lo in place of 3lo or 3F/3Lz. If he pop 4s to 3s he must change the combo to 4tlo2s or 3F/3lz. That's why I hope he would be able to jump 3F again, for the backup if he feel comfortable enough. But his foot/ankel come first though. 

From the news clip i just saw on twitter, seem like its gonna be a fast stsq :dbana:

13 минут назад, Xen сказал:

I've only got access to the NHK one, but I'm watching it on loop, having a super un-productive friday at work.

Ahhhh....the stag leaps. I love it. Shae is really making him fly- so many leaps that were inspired by ballet all on display.

:sadPooh:

Gods, I haven't seen the full program and already, I'm in love with that movement set from 1:17 below:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20180831_14/

Really who can do a ballet-inspired programme better than Yuzu now? :devilYuzu:

Day 2 last year had the red UA, IIRC

And I think it's more that he was so fired up, especially after Sochi, that I think he had lost sight of the fun part, to some extent. Since his main goal was the second OGM. But now he's let all of that go and can just enjoy it, without any pressure. It's exactly what I was hoping for him, after he won in Pyeongchang, so I'm really happy to see he is following up on it (it's not easy, I think, when he's so used to focusing on these things, so I'm sure there will still be kuyashii moments).

However, while he doesn't go out set on breaking records, I believe a relaxed Yuzu might blow out the competition even more than an intensely focused Yuzu. We'll see...

As for the ballet, I had a mental image this morning or Yuzu reading NBC & co articles about Nathan being balletic and going: "Hmm, so you like ballet... ok, I'll give you ballet..." :war:

14 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

And I think it's more that he was so fired up, especially after Sochi, that I think he had lost sight of the fun part, to some extent. Since his main goal was the second OGM. But now he's let all of that go and can just enjoy it, without any pressure. It's exactly what I was hoping for him, after he won in Pyeongchang, so I'm really happy to see he is following up on it (it's not easy, I think, when he's so used to focusing on these things, so I'm sure there will still be kuyashii moments).

However, while he doesn't go out set on breaking records, I believe a relaxed Yuzu might blow out the competition even more than an intensely focused Yuzu. We'll see...

As for the ballet, I had a mental image this morning or Yuzu reading NBC & co articles about Nathan being balletic and going: "Hmm, so you like ballet... ok, I'll give you ballet..." :war:

I'm sure this bit is completely unintentional, but they literally cannot say anything negative about his SP's composition, inspiration, feeling, or anything of the sort without throwing shade at Johnny. :P 

5 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

You mean more like:

Yuzu: Shae, what do you think about me doing that Nijinsky program from Plu-sama?

Shae: ? Well, I didn't think you'd like ballet...

Yuzu: Why?

Shae: well, there were some articles about balletic and how you might not be that balletic...

Yuzu: O_O *kuyashii fires visibly burning* >_>

Shae:....okay, we'll make it the most balletic program in the universe...

5 minutes ago, monchan said:

Why do I feel he alr succeeded landing 4A in practice and just wait to settle it in the competition... I mean the common sense is you don't like to mention what you can't do yet at the moment so specifically :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

I think when he says he can't land it correctly, he might possibly mean that the twizzle sandwich is not quite working out, he cannot possibly call it correct if all he can manage is a spread eagle sandwich, not even a back counter entry exiting into a high kick! I mean, boy's got axel standards.

4 minutes ago, monchan said:

Why do I feel he alr succeeded landing 4A in practice and just wait to settle it in the competition... I mean the common sense is you don't like to mention what you can't do yet at the moment so specifically :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Well, last year neither he nor Brian mentioned wanting to put in the 4Lz, but we saw it in the second competition. This time, he says he wants to put in the 4A "during the season", so, by the same pattern, 4A baby at ACI? :crazyshit2: But seriously, I do think it's far more stable than we thought... I mean last year he didn't even mention 4Lz, supposedly because he wasn't sure of the success rate. Yet now he mentions 4A... It could be he's not yet satisfied with the success rate or the GOE he'd give to the jump, but I do think he's been landing it far more regularly than we thought... Or maybe he's really relaxed enough to just be honest now... we'll see, I guess...

he didn't skate sp?

I really want to see sp in motion too.

as a lurker, this season I really don't have too high or low expectation about music. I have been thought that  this season is bonus, whatever he choose, I can accept.

since morning, I have some mixed feeling. maybe I imagine  viewers or fs fans's future comparison bla bla.. but I deeply understand his choice and appreciate it. 

I want to see full version, but JPN broadcasting ... typically. so short and limited. 

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I think when he says he can't land it correctly, he might possibly mean that the twizzle sandwich is not quite working out, he cannot possibly call it correct if all he can manage is a spread eagle sandwich, not even a back counter entry exiting into a high kick! I mean, boy's got axel standards.

:LOL:

And suddenly, it's not Nessie anymore, again. It's just Yuzu's next quad that we're analyzing in the same way we did 4Lz last year... I think we're at least as crazy as he is :P

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic