The Great Glittering Planet Hanyu Glossary (or welcome in fandom lingo)

@LadyLou @WinForPooh-- Um, in case you do include it, Yuzu's relationship with his quads:

link from blog of  @gladi: https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/167212489399/above-after-focusing-himself-yuzuru-landed-a

And hence the Harem Quads:

Spoiler

Just copy pasting this instead of sending the link:

Emperor Yuzuru and the creation of his backyard. Starring: 

Empress 3A: a smart, dignified and regal lady of good upbringing. She has been through thick and thin with the emperor ever since he started his reign. Recently, with the potential birth of princess baby 4A on the horizon, her health has taken a slight dip. But considering her upbringing, she is usually able to reliably perform all requisite functions of her position with aplomb.

Lady 4T: the second one to enter the harem. A talented one who was pursued for what her family could bring to the kingdom, and while beautiful, she has been known mostly for her quiet, stable support of the emperor’s endeavors, at times acting on behalf of Empress 3A when the empress has been sick. However, due to her older age, she has been more worried recently with the arrival of the new ladies, especially as the emperor has not given as much attention to her. As such, she had started locking herself in her chambers out of sadness, fearing that she will be abandoned. With some encouragement by the minister poohs, she has gradually come back to court to perform her normal duties.

Lady 4S: a lovely talented and smart lady from a scholarly family. She is capricious at times, and very opinionated, vocally opinionated. Unlike other ladies who would quietly lock themselves away in their rooms in protest, usually lady 4S, when she protests, will write lengthy sarcastic poems mocking our emperor. Or directly rebuff him, publicly. Recently though, it seems the emperor has had a heart to heart (or mind to mind) talk with her, so she has gradually stepped up to her duties, and given support while several other ladies were moping. Hopefully this is a good indicator for the future.

Lady 4Lo: a lady with an elusive, ethereal quality to her beauty, pursued by many but won by our Emperor.  As a new one to the court, she still feels ever so unsecure in her position in the court. Especially as recent arrivals have threatened her position. As she is not sure how to directly express her displeasure and insecurity, she has resorted to more passive aggressive means, such as sending in her servant 3Lo, in her stead to important court functions. As she is new, the emperor will need to talk to her personally to assuage her fears.

Lady 4Lz: an uncommon beauty, with a bit of foreign blood. The emperor had been in pursuit of her for over 3 years, and only until recently has she coyly accepted to enter his harem. It seems the real reason was the emperor finally appealed to her sense of adventure, even if only an intellectual sort, to go after real challenges such as changing his court system. Unlike the other ladies, she is a feisty one, opinionated with all sorts of foreign notions she has gleaned from her travels, with suggestions of reforms. The emperor has been slightly amused, supportive and exasperated at her antics, since she has proceeded to upset several mochi carts even though several of her suggestions have been implemented to great success. She is still figuring out the limitations of her powers and the proper functions of her position, with guidance from the minister poohs.

Later on, I finally got the idea for 3F:

General 3F: at some point in time betrayed the emperor by wavering his loyalty to the wrong edge. In recent times he's been brought in, reprimended and has now sworn undying loyalty to the emperor, faithfully serving him. There are some who believe that if general 3F continues to serve the emperor well, maybe he will be rewarded and his sister 4F be permitted to join the harem as Lady 4F. But that might just be a pipe-dream rumor, which certain chancellors such as Minister Orser, have frowned upon as too controversial a move that the emperor would never consider.  Regardless of whether or not General 3F knows, or even cares, or what his opinion truly is, he hasn't hesitated to stand firm by the emperor at all times.

I think this glossary is a great idea. In fact, I was wondering, do you think we should have a stickied thread, kind of like an "intro to Planet Hanyu" or "How to read Yuzuru Hanyu for newbies"? We can introduce newbies to say, gladi's blog so they have a start for articles, link in the media thread so they can find videos, etc. This way they don't have to dive into the thing called "General Thread" first thing. XD

Also, I think it would be a good idea for slightly more organization to eventually arrange all the lingo alphabetically in a table format. So it's like a Hanyu dictionary that's easier to browse. 

P.S side note. I wonder what's going to happen to Empress 3A when Nessie comes along. Will Nessie be content with just being a Lady of the court? Or will she stage a coup?

12 hours ago, Xen said:

@LadyLou @WinForPooh-- Um, in case you do include it, Yuzu's relationship with his quads:

link from blog of  @gladi: https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/167212489399/above-after-focusing-himself-yuzuru-landed-a

And hence the Harem Quads:

Reveal hidden contents

Just copy pasting this instead of sending the link:

Emperor Yuzuru and the creation of his backyard. Starring: 

Empress 3A: a smart, dignified and regal lady of good upbringing. She has been through thick and thin with the emperor ever since he started his reign. Recently, with the potential birth of princess baby 4A on the horizon, her health has taken a slight dip. But considering her upbringing, she is usually able to reliably perform all requisite functions of her position with aplomb.

Lady 4T: the second one to enter the harem. A talented one who was pursued for what her family could bring to the kingdom, and while beautiful, she has been known mostly for her quiet, stable support of the emperor’s endeavors, at times acting on behalf of Empress 3A when the empress has been sick. However, due to her older age, she has been more worried recently with the arrival of the new ladies, especially as the emperor has not given as much attention to her. As such, she had started locking herself in her chambers out of sadness, fearing that she will be abandoned. With some encouragement by the minister poohs, she has gradually come back to court to perform her normal duties.

Lady 4S: a lovely talented and smart lady from a scholarly family. She is capricious at times, and very opinionated, vocally opinionated. Unlike other ladies who would quietly lock themselves away in their rooms in protest, usually lady 4S, when she protests, will write lengthy sarcastic poems mocking our emperor. Or directly rebuff him, publicly. Recently though, it seems the emperor has had a heart to heart (or mind to mind) talk with her, so she has gradually stepped up to her duties, and given support while several other ladies were moping. Hopefully this is a good indicator for the future.

Lady 4Lo: a lady with an elusive, ethereal quality to her beauty, pursued by many but won by our Emperor.  As a new one to the court, she still feels ever so unsecure in her position in the court. Especially as recent arrivals have threatened her position. As she is not sure how to directly express her displeasure and insecurity, she has resorted to more passive aggressive means, such as sending in her servant 3Lo, in her stead to important court functions. As she is new, the emperor will need to talk to her personally to assuage her fears.

Lady 4Lz: an uncommon beauty, with a bit of foreign blood. The emperor had been in pursuit of her for over 3 years, and only until recently has she coyly accepted to enter his harem. It seems the real reason was the emperor finally appealed to her sense of adventure, even if only an intellectual sort, to go after real challenges such as changing his court system. Unlike the other ladies, she is a feisty one, opinionated with all sorts of foreign notions she has gleaned from her travels, with suggestions of reforms. The emperor has been slightly amused, supportive and exasperated at her antics, since she has proceeded to upset several mochi carts even though several of her suggestions have been implemented to great success. She is still figuring out the limitations of her powers and the proper functions of her position, with guidance from the minister poohs.

Later on, I finally got the idea for 3F:

General 3F: at some point in time betrayed the emperor by wavering his loyalty to the wrong edge. In recent times he's been brought in, reprimended and has now sworn undying loyalty to the emperor, faithfully serving him. There are some who believe that if general 3F continues to serve the emperor well, maybe he will be rewarded and his sister 4F be permitted to join the harem as Lady 4F. But that might just be a pipe-dream rumor, which certain chancellors such as Minister Orser, have frowned upon as too controversial a move that the emperor would never consider.  Regardless of whether or not General 3F knows, or even cares, or what his opinion truly is, he hasn't hesitated to stand firm by the emperor at all times.

I've put it in the to-do list (along with carrot cake and other things sitting there for a while whops)

I think this glossary is a great idea. In fact, I was wondering, do you think we should have a stickied thread, kind of like an "intro to Planet Hanyu" or "How to read Yuzuru Hanyu for newbies"? We can introduce newbies to say, gladi's blog so they have a start for articles, link in the media thread so they can find videos, etc. This way they don't have to dive into the thing called "General Thread" first thing. XD

:iagree:

Some of the info are in the ForumRules already but tbh I think most of the pepole mostly stick to the Yuzu subforum so and INTRO there would probably reach more people (also it's likely forum rules&guidelines isn't the first thread a guest usually visits whops). We could link to some of the more relevant threads like the Compilations and the translation subforum, the skating chat (that sometimes gets lost), the forum rules and so on....(the glossary of course too:P:smiley-happy105:)

Even something titled "Where to find..."

I've linked a few things on the glossary but of course it's not meant to be a map.

I'm used by now to the Planet and I think things have been improving a lot but sometimes people still get lost searching for things like broadcasts or don't know there are those amazing compilations. Even that thread along the lines of 'what a fan has to absolutely see' could be linked, as there were many good suggestions there to fans who are just starting with their YouTube binge watching :laughing: and have not dived yet into tumblr and translations...

It's just that anything Yuzu-related soon gets out of hand (like the general chat LOL):4:

@OonsieHui I've added in the introduction post a link to a google sheet, it's the easier way to keep the entries in alphabetical order even with new additions (for now it's read only). Sadly no Yuzumoticon there:waffle: also the links I've added here on the thread are still missing there, but at least all the terms are there already if one isn't sure in which section to start searching :laughing: 

otherwise I suggest the use of ctrl+F (yes, sometimes I get lost whops)

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, LeadenMyr said:

I would like to request "soft", unless it's just...that? I've read many times "I'm so soft" after seeing something like a cute pic or video? or "Look at the softness" and such...is it just...normal softness? Lol. Sorry if it's a stupid question xD

it's not stupid, I'm not really sure myself LOL

I've seen 'I'm soft' it used a lot in the fandom but I guess it's not a specific Yuzuru fandom or FS fandom thing (it's an entry in the Urban dictionary, I'm guessing it spread through k-pop fandom or something), so I haven't included that yet.

If you think it would help to add 'I'm soft' with something Yuzu-related as example, I can always add it to my to do list :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

14 hours ago, LeadenMyr said:

I would like to request "soft", unless it's just...that? I've read many times "I'm so soft" after seeing something like a cute pic or video? or "Look at the softness" and such...is it just...normal softness? Lol. Sorry if it's a stupid question xD

Haha that's an interesting one! 

When we use "soft" in the ways you've mentioned, it's not to do with the actual touch sensation (as in the opposite of "hard").

When we say "I'm so soft" it's a way to describe how we feel in reaction to said something like a cute pic or video. And it's that squishy, fluffy, AWWWWW type feeling you get when you see something heart warmingly adorable. Like your heart is melting and you start smiling like an idiot involuntarily. This type of feeling:  :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5: kind off. 

Well that's my understanding of it of course! Hope that helps!

5 hours ago, LadyLou said:

it's not stupid, I'm not really sure myself LOL

I've seen 'I'm soft' it used a lot in the fandom but I guess it's not a specific Yuzuru fandom or FS fandom thing (it's an entry in the Urban dictionary, I'm guessing it spread through k-pop fandom or something), so I haven't included that yet.

If you think it would help to add 'I'm soft' with something Yuzu-related as example, I can always add it to my to do list :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

3 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

When we use "soft" in the ways you've mentioned, it's not to do with the actual touch sensation (as in the opposite of "hard").

When we say "I'm so soft" it's a way to describe how we feel in reaction to said something like a cute pic or video. And it's that squishy, fluffy, AWWWWW type feeling you get when you see something heart warmingly adorable. Like your heart is melting and you start smiling like an idiot involuntarily. This type of feeling:  :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5: kind off. 

Thank you both! Enlightening :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

5 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

So, it's a synonym for "squishy" ?

3 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

. . .  I guess???? I'm feeling soft. I'm feeling squishy. Yeah....both gives me the same feeling! Or maybe it's like Yuzu being squishy makes me feel soft!! 

Actually, and idk how I could forget this, I think :softYuzu: is a really apt yuzumoticon because it both portrays the feeling 'I'm soft' and it makes you feel like that too :yes:  

41 minutes ago, MallisaSaila said:

Wow. You did a great job with this. Thank you. Need to take whole day to adapt this so many info ☺️

Actually I’m new here :hachimaki:

thank you!!!!!!!!!!! FS fandom is so creative and funny, isn't it?:biggrin:

Feel free to ask for clarifications/more entries! Actually there are a lot of terms already listed in the replies that I haven't added yet :embSwan:

but they will be added, I promise!:hachimaki:

14 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

9 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm not sure if I got this right but I feel 'squishy' is softer than 'soft'. Soft is emotionally feeling tender but still have a shape. And squishy is at the point where you starting to lose the shape...so I'd say 'squishy' is synonym but slightly softer state than 'soft' :67638860:

12 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I'm not sure if I got this right but I feel 'squishy' is softer than 'soft'. Soft is emotionally feeling tender but still have a shape. And squishy is at the point where you starting to lose the shape...so I'd say 'squishy' is synonym but slightly softer state than 'soft' :67638860:

I love this :agree::tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

11 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

This is perfect :7562096:

Thank you! Personally I think I get both terms now :68468287:<3