2018/19 Coaching changes

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Brian can survive that. He’s got the reputation Eteri can’t tarnish. 

I am pretty sure Brian couldn't care less.

But this whole thing can spiral into a much larger mess than I originally thought and that's not good.

Honestly, Eteri doesn't come out of this looking good to anybody except those who would always believe her anyway. She's repeated this particular refrain too many times now. It's only believable a couple of times. 

Well, maybe the young quadsters can consider just what they're willing to go through now.

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I am pretty sure Brian couldn't care less.

But this whole thing can spiral into a much larger mess than I originally thought and that's not good.

I am afraid so. This was a gauntlet thrown today to an 18 year old girl and her Canadian coach-to-be. 

When will we ever join the civilised world? Arrrrghhhh! 

This kind of behavior from Eteri makes her character more clear to me, I think. I don't think she said those comments simply to save face, but because she is probably hurt by Evgenia wanting to "rebel" and outgrow her, thus her reaction is an immature one. She can't accept that her and Evgenia's ways are simply incompatible right now - she has to try and pinpoint the problem somewhere along Evgenia being hurt for Olympic silver. 

I guess, if she and Evgenia haven't really talked about the split... this isn't even so weird? It's just Eteri making assumptions (wrong assumptions) about why Evgenia wants to leave. When the real reason is that... well, Eteri is too controlling and her coaching ways have to further develop in that sense. 

Just now, Murieleirum said:

This kind of behavior from Eteri makes her character more clear to me, I think. I don't think she said those comments simply to save face, but because she is probably hurt by Evgenia wanting to "rebel" and outgrow her, thus her reaction is an immature one. She can't accept that her and Evgenia's ways are simply incompatible right now - she has to try and pinpoint the problem somewhere along Evgenia being hurt for Olympic silver. 

I guess, if she and Evgenia haven't really talked about the split... this isn't even so weird? It's just Eteri making assumptions (wrong assumptions) about why Evgenia wants to leave. When the real reason is that... well, Eteri is too controlling and her coaching ways have to further develop in that sense. 

yeah it strikes me as someone who's both very hurt and prideful and choosing to cover that with anger and defensiveness instead of actually behaving like an adult : / I had hoped she might have taken the high road this time given her history with zhenya but...well, doesn't look like it. this sounds like it's going to be a mess either way... 

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I guess, if she and Evgenia haven't really talked about the split... this isn't even so weird?

There is no way she didn't know. No way. We knew. Eteri's group was deleting Zhenya's links and banning fans for days from the official VK group. They knew.

Now, maybe Zhenya did say that about Alina, that I have no idea, though I don't think Eteri should bring that stuff out into the public. But the not knowing is bs.

It’s the parents of these teenagers who need to take a good hard look at what their children may be letting themselves in for, for the sake of possible not certain stardom ....

I don't really care why when a coach starts publicly bullying their student for wanting to leave them. This is pretty much bullying. Posting screencaps and revealing on TV something the girl might have said when she was very emotional and had all her defences lowered? It's right out of high school clique mean girl stuff. 

7 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I don't really care why when a coach starts publicly bullying their student for wanting to leave them.

Yep.

___

Plus, Tutbe drags her other students into this as well.

Also, Tutbe is the one with past ugly breakups in the not-so-opaque closet.

Any angle you look this from, this has become Tutbe's fault in its entirety.