Team Canada

Beverly Smith's article on Patrick Chan: Patrick Chan Hits a Low Point

This “Hallelujah” was a broken Hallelujah, in Leonard Cohen’s world. In any world.

“It was hard for me to get started this year,” Chan said. “Maybe because I know the end is near. So it’s getting harder and harder and harder to push myself and keep grinding it out at the very highest level. It gets tough.”

“Not much positive I can say at this event, but it’s okay."

“It’s okay. I just keep telling myself that it’s okay.”

I don't want to see you like this Chiddy. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Ever since I saw his SP at ACI, I've become a fan of Keegan Messing. He has a very unique style and is very fun to watch.

I like the sliding on the board and backflip moves he did for his gala today:

As he is the first to skate after the intermission, you can really see his blades cut through the ice....I thought it's very cool!  Hope to see him more in future, although his age makes him a uncle in the sport...:slinkaway:

And oh poor Patrick, if this is his last season, I want him to have a blast, not be so disappointed in his skate. =(

11 minutes ago, katonice said:

This is a relief...

Yes please PChan. You came back because you loved skating, one little hiccup isn't really the end of the world. Regardless of where you end up on the podium, people will remember you for the grace that you showed on ice, and the effortless edges that are a hallmark. There are plenty of us who look up to you, and plenty of little skaters and may-be-skaters who will be inspired by you, regardless of what your world placements are. And that's what a truly influential skater does, and not something that all Olympic gold medalists can claim.