2018/19 GP Assignments

2 minutes ago, robin said:

I managed to load the isu site once today 

As long as the site is down we can’t really expect an announcement can we?

They'd have a press release to send out too, wouldn't they? They wouldn't just upload it onto their site.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Well, considering how often we joke about finances at ISU, is it possible that they forgot to pay their ISP server hosting fees this month?

Maybe they shouldn't have spent so much on coffee. All those coffee breaks. I bet there were biscuits, too.

I've eaten so many biscuits today. :sigh: 

ETA: That's my second double post today on this thread, I'm sorry. :/ 

7 minutes ago, robin said:

I managed to load the isu site once today 

As long as the site is down we can’t really expect an announcement can we?

It actually loads for me most of the time. Very slowly, yes, but eventually loads :laughing:

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

No need.

They send out the press release to the journos so we spy on them first!

There goes my hope to relax for a bit

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Maybe they shouldn't have spent so much on coffee. All those coffee breaks. I bet there were biscuits, too.

I've eaten so many biscuits today. :sigh: 

ETA: That's my second double post today on this thread, I'm sorry. :/ 

I still hve a suspicion that there were some potentially expensive substances in those coffees.....

1 minute ago, robin said:

I still hve a suspicion that there were some potentially expensive substances in those coffees.....

You win :rofl:

@WinForPooh I am on my third liver. One went post Boston, one pre-Olympics, so I mean sure why not. I believe I'm an old hand at this by now. 

I might deliver a wonky report or two at the end of working hours but yolo

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

@WinForPooh I am on my third liver. One went post Boston, one pre-Olympics, so I mean sure why not. I believe I'm an old hand at this by now. 

I might deliver a wonky report or two at the end of working hours but yolo

I have a document to finish in two hours, too. :D  But we'd be living too dangerously if we did a shot every time the ISU site didn't load. 

I wonder what the skaters are doing, waiting. If they haven't actually been told, there must be loads of people sitting around and cursing the ISU a lot more creatively than I am in my head. 

8 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I wonder what the skaters are doing, waiting. If they haven't actually been told, there must be loads of people sitting around and cursing the ISU a lot more creatively than I am in my head. 

Probably already used to it and going about their business because if anyone knows how ISU is, it is them :68468287:

No, but seriously, I mean this is an annual GP party, waiting for the assignments. It wouldn't be the skating season without this! Honestly if they ever deliver something promptly and on time, I am probably going to faint and then feel like the season is doomed. 

Which is basically what happened last season come to think of it, and the GPAs were early. Huh. Now I get it!

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

Probably already used to it and going about their business because if anyone knows how ISU is, it is them :68468287:

No, but seriously, I mean this is an annual GP party, waiting for the assignments. It wouldn't be the skating season without this! Honestly if they ever deliver something promptly and on time, I am probably going to faint and then feel like the season is doomed. 

*grumbles* I wish I had my employers over a barrel like the ISU has us and skaters. If I missed deadlines like this... They haven't even announced where the mystery GP is going to be. How are they going to assign skaters a mystery GP without telling them where it's going to be? 

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Which is basically what happened last season come to think of it, and the GPAs were early. Huh. Now I get it!

:headdesk:

so all this suffering will make for a wonderful season...I hope so!:snonegai:

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Well, our Yuzu at least has plenty to keep his attention occupied for the next few days...

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

*grumbles* I wish I had my employers over a barrel like the ISU has us and skaters. If I missed deadlines like this... They haven't even announced where the mystery GP is going to be. How are they going to assign skaters a mystery GP without telling them where it's going to be? 

Rumor has it in other places that it'll be held in greenland, antarctica, somewhere in the middle of the pacific, and skaters assigned to TBA event will be kidnapped, blindfolded and flown out to the event in the middle of the night, and forced to skate in nothing but what they wore to sleep that day. Right @xeyra?