6 minutes ago, heartsdesire456 said:

Jason's one of my favorite skaters skating today, so I know I'll be impressed no matter what just to see a new Jason Brown routine, but like you said, it's important for his sake that they work it out for such an important season!  There are very few skaters that still deliver on the artistry the way Jason does because, in both the men's and women's field these past few years, there's a distinct lack of artistry compared to like 10 years ago when I REALLY got into figure skating. One thing I always judge in a skater, especially men since they tend to be worse at it than women, is how much the skater 'just skates' between elements. Instead of having every single step be a part of the performance, a lot of them have a tendency to just 'okay, did a jump, skate over here and do a spin', and he almost NEVER does that. Honestly, about the only skater in the men's field that does it better than Jason is Yuzuru. 

(Wow that turned into a bit of a skater fan rant, sorry, but yeah, TL;DR I agree with you, lol!)

No, no, nothing to be sorry about. 

Well Jason is my second favorite skater, so I definitely understand what you mean. 
I would really, really love to see him at the Olympics. I've followed him for a long time and he's such a wonderful person but as you say, there is also the artistry which is truly something (and I think he works really well with Rohene who is fab so as a pair, we get these lovely pieces of art). I mean there is a reason that without a quad he is still so appreciated, by the audience, and other skaters including Yuzuru. Men for me definitely do have that lacking more than the ladies, and well, there is the whole issue of PCS affected by clean quads and guh. Anyway, considering he's adding 2+2 quads this season, I think it'll be important for the programs to settle well for him, in order to hopefully make it all work and that we can see him at PC. I have faith, and there's still plenty of time so that they can even fiddle with the music cut if needed. The FS is from all I've read very raw, so I can't wait to see more in two weeks. Wonder if we'll have a livestream. 

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

No, no, nothing to be sorry about. 

Well Jason is my second favorite skater, so I definitely understand what you mean. 
I would really, really love to see him at the Olympics. I've followed him for a long time and he's such a wonderful person but as you say, there is also the artistry which is truly something (and I think he works really well with Rohene who is fab so as a pair, we get these lovely pieces of art). I mean there is a reason that without a quad he is still so appreciated, by the audience, and other skaters including Yuzuru. Men for me definitely do have that lacking more than the ladies, and well, there is the whole issue of PCS affected by clean quads and guh. Anyway, considering he's adding 2+2 quads this season, I think it'll be important for the programs to settle well for him, in order to hopefully make it all work and that we can see him at PC. I have faith, and there's still plenty of time so that they can even fiddle with the music cut if needed. The FS is from all I've read very raw, so I can't wait to see more in two weeks. Wonder if we'll have a livestream. 

He's going for more than 1 quad this season? I hadn't heard that news! That's a big step, but I totally think he can do it. Honestly, if he hadn't gotten injured like 3 times in 2 years, I have a feeling he'd be sooooo far above and beyond where he is now, which isn't to say that's a bad place to be, I mean look how high he scores WITHOUT a quad when it has a clean skate. 

Super excited to see how well the programs progress either way!

28 minutes ago, heartsdesire456 said:

He's going for more than 1 quad this season? I hadn't heard that news! That's a big step, but I totally think he can do it. Honestly, if he hadn't gotten injured like 3 times in 2 years, I have a feeling he'd be sooooo far above and beyond where he is now, which isn't to say that's a bad place to be, I mean look how high he scores WITHOUT a quad when it has a clean skate. 

Super excited to see how well the programs progress either way!

Yes! I was surprised as well at first but then, considering the competition for the spots, he also doesn't have much of a choice what with Nathan and Vincent as quad-guys which would probably leave the one place. So he'll be going for 2 in the SP and 2 in the FS. From what I gather it's a 4T and a 4S. Post this past season he's spoken about trying the 4F and frankly, that'd be lovely as I think he has a great Flip but I doubt very much that's even remotely possible for this season (a pity!). If he chooses to stay post Olympics, who knows. Now he does have to integrate the two into the programs, and of course, one is going to have to be the combo in the short, which is a risk. 

But yes, I mean even just the injury from this previous season (which, hello weirdness land, I still don't quite get it all) was such an unfortunate thing. SA was so good for him, and if he could have just continued that way, I am sure that by the end of the season we would have had him landing that quad no problem, which would have made this season so much easier. Ah if wishes were horses, but he's really had bad luck. 

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Yes! I was surprised as well at first but then, considering the competition for the spots, he also doesn't have much of a choice what with Nathan and Vincent as quad-guys which would probably leave the one place. So he'll be going for 2 in the SP and 2 in the FS. From what I gather it's a 4T and a 4S. Post this past season he's spoken about trying the 4F and frankly, that'd be lovely as I think he has a great Flip but I doubt very much that's even remotely possible for this season (a pity!). If he chooses to stay post Olympics, who knows. Now he does have to integrate the two into the programs, and of course, one is going to have to be the combo in the short, which is a risk. 

But yes, I mean even just the injury from this previous season (which, hello weirdness land, I still don't quite get it all) was such an unfortunate thing. SA was so good for him, and if he could have just continued that way, I am sure that by the end of the season we would have had him landing that quad no problem, which would have made this season so much easier. Ah if wishes were horses, but he's really had bad luck. 

Is Vincent going full seniors this season? I kept thinking it had to be time he did, but every time I see any talk about him, seems they aren't really pushing him to do seniors competitions. So I can never figure it out.

6 minutes ago, heartsdesire456 said:

Is Vincent going full seniors this season? I kept thinking it had to be time he did, but every time I see any talk about him, seems they aren't really pushing him to do seniors competitions. So I can never figure it out.

I think so? He has GP assignments in COC and TdF

8 minutes ago, heartsdesire456 said:

Yup, he is. As @kaeryth said, we'll see him on the Senior GP circuit and if he can rotate those jumps, he has a huge chance of positioning himself nicely to go to the Olympics. 

I've seen those instagram posts with Jason's FS from a recent competition and I really liked what I saw. I think it'll be really powerful in an arena, especially with the costumary highlights Jason has in his programs, like the lovely spirals. 

On 19.7.2017 at 2:38 AM, heartsdesire456 said:

I also hope he´ll land those quads because he´s a great skater. I´ve not managed to find any articles etc where he or Kori speak about training the quads. I just hope the reason he didn´t get them yet are the injuries, not body structure etc. that would make the jumps more difficult for him in general than for example for Yuzu. Jason is as old as him, about a week younger, so the quads have been there for him as well. But every skater has his own path and Yuzu started in seniors already 2010, Jason 2013.