Team Russia

6 часов назад, Yatagarasu сказал:

Kolyada

Nice programme, interesting costume, not in a good form rn, but better then this time last year.

Not a fan of Dima's SP - I don't think this music fits him well.

I'm catching up:

1. Tuk's program is awesome to watch. Gir's got her own style.

2. Med... Maybe it'll grow on me but it's the same old the same old. Her presence is still off the charts, though.

3. Zagitova, not really a fan.

4. Sotskova, for me forgettable.

5. So was Radio tbh.

1. Nice program from Kolyada, a bit of departure from last seasons.

2. Aliev's music is waaay to big fir him.

3. As rough as Samarin is, he does go for it in step sequences.

... I miss Julia, and nervous for Pogo's absence.

ETA: I have a great weakness for Voronov but omg that music...  Earplugs please. :slinkaway:

Hmmm, there's just one tiny complaint I had with Med's program as I watched it in that first video - she mostly stays around the middle of rink and makes a couple of forays into one end of the rink and just one - for her 3F3T - into the opposite end. 

Otherwise, the pantomime devil seems to have been exorcised... for good, I hope. On the whole, I'm afraid I like it more when the jumps are distributed throughout the program, but it's totally understandable why she did what she did. 

The pantomime is gone, but what happened at the very end? First she came to an ending pose and then seemed to move forward again with that weird look on her face. Please tell me that is not the ending. I was happy until that moment!! 

And, my goodness... my Russian pairs loving self is crying with tarasova/morozov's sp. It could be so amazing, but instead is so awful. I love this team, I want them to reach their potential and instead, blech! Maybe I still have all the feels from '94 with M/D.... with time the brilliance of the past teams and choreographers shines even brighter...

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Hmmm, there's just one tiny complaint I had with Med's program as I watched it in that first video - she mostly stays around the middle of rink and makes a couple of forays into one end of the rink and just one - for her 3F3T - into the opposite end. 

Otherwise, the pantomime devil seems to have been exorcised... for good, I hope. On the whole, I'm afraid I like it more when the jumps are distributed throughout the program, but it's totally understandable why she did what she did. 

I noticed that too - and was kinda happy because 8i she shows up at Worlds, she'll be staying in my part of the rink. :laughing:

40 minutes ago, liv said:

The pantomime is gone, but what happened at the very end? First she came to an ending pose and then seemed to move forward again with that weird look on her face. Please tell me that is not the ending. I was happy until that moment!!

From what I understand, her soul leaves her body and roams freely, then comes the moment when you hear the words in the program - come back - and at the very end, it returns to her body so we see her "inhale" to show this. If it must stay, I would prefer if it were done more subtly but overall I love the program so I am not too bothered. 

I also really want to know how Zhenya spent her summer because there is a lot of improvement there. I have a feeling Zagi isn't the only person who took ballet lessons. Her hands, lines, posture, all better. She's maturing really nicely into a good skater.

Oh geez. You knew Averbuch would have to try to do something too high brow for the rest of us in an otherwise lovely program. I hate that moment at the end, to the depths of my soul. it is so unnecessary. The program does not need her fish gasping at the end. Maybe she will make it more subtle as time goes on... please do so, Evgenia. 

42 minutes ago, liv said:

Oh geez. You knew Averbuch would have to try to do something too high brow for the rest of us in an otherwise lovely program. I hate that moment at the end, to the depths of my soul. it is so unnecessary. The program does not need her fish gasping at the end. Maybe she will make it more subtle as time goes on... please do so, Evgenia. 

Oh god, I just watched that and...no. Zhenya, no, resist the Averbuch ))))):< He's like...determined that all his programs will tell a story in the most literal way????? ? ? ? 

I may be in the minority here but....Zhenya's SP music lacks progression to me. There's a point halfway where it feels like they just repeated the first part (with only slight variations) and there aren't any 'climactic' points as a result because the 'feeling' of the music stays the same throughout. I was listening to this version of Nocturne and I love the part around 1:36 where the music gets lighter and more cheerful. Kind of wish they considered adding that because Zhenya skates very quickly, sharply and lightly, and that matches her style much more. This cut of the music demands a lot more gravitas to her movements - a certain 'weight' to them that I'm not quite getting yet. That being said, I like her lines and her musicality/movements do flow well. Maybe it'll improve with viewing (and more practice).

Also Alina's entry into that 2A (spiral + counter?) was insane o:

I didn't notice that when I watched it on the stream but the closeup video of Zhenya's program really showed that moment well and I do agree. I felt like the program had ended and was ready to mentally clap, when suddenly the drums come, she moves and 'receives her soul back' and... I'm sorry, Zhenya, but it completely threw me off. I do think Zhenya tends to emote these things to the wide audience in the rink, the way a theater actor does, so people in the back can still see and understand, but it always looks so exaggerated on closeup video and in this case I don't even really understand the need for the second ending when the first was already perfect. 

But it's such a lovely program otherwise and I love her skating here. Looking forward to her FS today!