Team Russia

Just now, Paskud said:

Sankt Petersburg test skates. No stream. Only some reports and pics.

Oh. I see. Didn't realize they were doing their own, and the photo was captioned 'Russian test skates' so I got mixed up. 

I wanna see what he's doing! :studsmatta:

2 minutes ago, Paskud said:

allegedly landing 4t combos already

Dang...sounds like his surgery and recovery went well. 

I was never so disappointed as when he had to withdraw from SCI last year. I was really looking forward to seeing him live. 

27 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Hmm so both Olympic champions not participating in the GP series...

But our Olympic Champion isn’t taking part in a reality show either, thankfully. 
So far this news hasn’t been confirmed, let’s wait and see. 

about Kolyada

For men, the main event was the return to the ice of Mikhail Kolyada, who in the summer made the transition from Valentina Chebotareva to Alexei Mishin. Kolyada skated the short program decently enough, made a quadruple toe loop in a cascade with a double and a chic triple axel. But the free one turned out to be mediocre. The bronze medalist of the World Championship did not get a quadruple, but he again made a clean triple axel. True, there was no strong technical set in this performance - as long as the skater takes care of himself. In general, the sources call the performance good and, if the scores were published, victorious.

about Aliev

Note that European champion Dmitry Aliev did not participate in the skates due to injury, and the exact timing of his recovery is still unknown. 

article about test skates in Sankt Petersburg

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/kak-vystupili-na-prokatah-v-sankt-peterburge-figuristy-elizaveta-tuktamysheva-i-mihail-kolyada-1705992/

For anybody starved for some skating, right now there is Moscow Junior Champioship (ice dance right now).

Among participants are Tyutyunina/Shustiskiy, Kaganovskaya/Angelopol, Leontyeva/Gorelkin, Kovalev, Belyavsky, Vetlugin, Knyazev, Sarnovsky, Yablokov, Mukhortova/Evgeniev, Belova/Chigirev, Berestovskaya, Akatieva, Muravieva, Zhilina.

https://sportvokrug.ru/sports/fs/event/7239/news/

stream: