asiacheetah

Satellite meet up at the Olympics

For all the satellites going to the Olympics, would you like to meet after the Men SP and/or after the Men LP?

For those who's already been to the arena, can you recommend a place to meet?

There’s some space in the concourse but it might be crowded the day of the event. There are some art sculptures on the outside as well. I didn’t get a good look around the Concourse for anything that was easily recognizable though. 

Would be interested to meet up as well ^^ I'm okay with meeting after the SP, though I need to catch a train going back to Seoul so might not be able to stay very long. Meetup after the FS is okay too! :)

I'm going to be in Gangneung both nights so I can meet either dates. Maybe plan for one after SP and if we want, we can meet up again after the long program. (especially if the need to go to the awards plaza comes up :snonegai:)

We can meet up in the concourse afterwards and walk somewhere together! Or decide then. There's really almost nothing around the concourse btw, it's literally like farmland and frozen tundra...but there are a couple of pop up restaurants that were probably built for the Olympics where we could grab coffee...

I am not in SK so this post is not about a meeting - unfortunately! So OT sorry. I hope it is ok to post this message here for a lady from Taiwan whom I noticed there in the audience at TE pairs short program. I believe she is a member of PH.

At Helsinki Worlds we sat side by side in Yuzu¨s first OP and you gave me a banner of H&L. We met also after Yuzu´s victory and you told that after the Worlds you were heading to Lapland with a friend for five days to see the Northern lights. I wonder were you lucky to see them during your visit there. It was really nice to spot you in the audience. I just want to say hello and wish you and all satellites there great Olympics!  Unforgettable experience for sure to be there and see Yuzu on the Olys ice! 

Better after SP I guess as many will rush to Medal Plaza after LP.  Count me in :thanks:

4 hours ago, vagusjw said:

Better after SP I guess as many will rush to Medal Plaza after LP.  Count me in :thanks:

The ceremony at the medal plaza won't be until 7ish PM I think.

52 minutes ago, katonice said:

Speaking of going to the Medal Plaza, do you guys have directions on how to get there? 

The closest station is Jinbu, and from there you can take shuttle bus TS30 I believe. Might be crowded (as always). I'll have to look up local buses to see how to get there. Taxi from Jinbu Station to the Medal Plaza is approx. 15 min and costs around 24,000 KRW (according to Kakao Maps, at least).

If you want to just take shuttle after shuttle it'll be TS26 to the Gangneung Park & Ride, then TS31 to get to Daegwallyeong Mall, then TS30 for the Pyeongchang Olympic Plaza. Idk how problematic this will be, since when I went to the Team Event FS and was about to go find the shuttles to Gangneung Olympic Plaza, I was told by the volunteers that there's about an hour's worth of waiting time since the lines are longggggg.

24 minutes ago, kaaaaaaat said:

The ceremony at the medal plaza won't be until 7ish PM I think.

The closest station is Jinbu, and from there you can take shuttle bus TS30 I believe. Might be crowded (as always). I'll have to look up local buses to see how to get there. Taxi from Jinbu Station to the Medal Plaza is approx. 15 min and costs around 24,000 KRW (according to Kakao Maps, at least).

If you want to just take shuttle after shuttle it'll be TS26 to the Gangneung Park & Ride, then TS31 to get to Daegwallyeong Mall, then TS30 for the Pyeongchang Olympic Plaza. Idk how problematic this will be, since when I went to the Team Event FS and was about to go find the shuttles to Gangneung Olympic Plaza, I was told by the volunteers that there's about an hour's worth of waiting time since the lines are longggggg.

Wouldn't it be easier to go from Gangeung to Jinbu by train? I've seen tickets on Korail's site and it takes only 15 minutes. These may be less crowded than the shuttle buses + we don't have to wait for them for an hour :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

27 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Wouldn't it be easier to go from Gangeung to Jinbu by train? I've seen tickets on Korail's site and it takes only 15 minutes. These may be less crowded than the shuttle buses + we don't have to wait for them for an hour :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

Right, that's what I mentioned first when I mentioned that the closest station to the plaza is Jinbu. Still, you'd have to take a shuttle or a bus or a taxi to get to the Pyeongchang Olympic Plaza from Jinbu station. It's quite far, from what the map says.