Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2017] USA Nats - Men, Pairs, Ice Dance SP & FS

Featured Replies

USA Nationals 2017/18

San Jose / USA

03.01.2018 – 07.01.2017

 

This is the thread for USA Nats Men, ID and Pairs SP & FS-related discussion

 

 

 

*times listed hereon are in your local time
Instructions for Streaming
  • Live QQ
    • Hosted and commentated by Hua Hua (also formerly known as pandaguy?)
    • Good quality
    • the user comments flying across the screen can be turned off with a toggle on the bottom right of the video
  • YouTube 
    • Good quality, free  
    • will be added
  • Others might be added

 

 

  • Author

Time schedule - simple, not so simple.

 

The following skaters will be participating

 

Men Ice Dance Pairs
  1. Max AARON

  2. Jason BROWN

  3. Nathan CHEN

  4. Timothy DOLENSKY

  5. Scott DYER

  6. Tomoki HIWATASHI

  7. Grant HOCHSTEIN

  8. Benjamin JALOVICK

  9. Alexander JOHNSON

  10. Alex KRASNOZHON

  11. Daniel KULENKAMP

  12. Jimmy MA

  13. Ross MINER

  14. Jordan MOELLER

  15. Sebastien PAYANNET

  16. Sean RABBITT

  17. Adam RIPPON

  18. Emmanuel SAVARY

  19. Kevin SHUM

  20. Andrew TORGASHEV

  21. Vincent ZHOU

  1. Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON 
  2. Ashley BAIN /Oleg ALTUKHOV
  3. Julia BIECHLER / Damian DODGE
  4. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
  5. Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
  6. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
  7. Cassidy KLOPSTOCK / Jacob SCHEDL
  8. Karina MANTA / Joseph JJOHNSON
  9. Lorraine McNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER
  10. Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS
  11. Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOIT
  12. Elicia REYNOLDS / Stephen REYNOLDS
  13. Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI

  1. Ashley CAIN / Timothy LeDUC 

  2. Jessica CALALANG /Zack SIDHU

  3. Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN

  4. Winter DEARDORFF / Max SETTLAGE

  5. Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER

  6. Nica DIGERNESS / Danny NEUDECKER

  7. Jade ESPOSITO / Rique NEWBY-ESTRELLA

  8. Caitlin FIELDS / Ernie Utah STEVENS

  9. Tarah KAYNE / Danny O’SHEA

  10. Chelsea LIU / Brian JOHNSON

  11. Jessica PFUND / Joshua SANTILLAN

  12. Alexa SCIMECA-KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM

  13. Erika SMITH / AJ REISS

  14. Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK /Nathan BARTHOLOMAY

  15. Allison TIMLEN /Justin HIGHGATE-BRUTMAN

  16. Alexandria YAO / Jacob SIMON

The men's competition will be interesting! Nathan's a lock, clearly, but between the other two spots we have Adam, Jason, Vincent, and mayyybe Grant. A couple months ago I thought that Vincent would definitely be sent, but now we have Adam and Jason making the GPF and Vincent not even being close to the podium at any GPs, so I'm not so sure. Well, personally, I like Vincent, but Adam's made two straight GPFs and Jason has been decently consistent, too. So I see it being close. (However, I don't see Vincent skating a clean 5-quad program, so I'm not sure if he can afford *that* many mistakes over two consistent, established skaters with better PCS and way better international standings, so I question his strategy.) Grant...well, he has quads, so he could bring it if the other two make mistakes, but if they don't, USFS will score them higher based on artistry alone. 

 

Well..the question is: will Adam finally land a tech-panel approved lutz? It would be interesting to see the tech panel at nationals -- which has always been lenient -- give either him or Jason their quads (is Jason even attempting one? I didn't see it at GPF?) considering an international panel has never done so. 

 

I'd say, if Adam and Jason skate clean (except for their quads), they're on the team. If not, and Vincent doesn't make any major mistakes and stays on his feet, he can upseat one of them. Same with Grant.

Good luck to Vincent. He says he's been doing clean 5-quad runthroughs at practice so we'll see, especially in regards to his tendency to underrotate. Will the tech panel show leniency there? It can make the difference between 2nd or 4th! 

 

Nathan is a lock no matter what but I wonder if he too will have the kind of performance he had at last year's Nationals. And if so, how many WRs he'll break. :biggrin:

 

Wishing Jason and Adam good luck too. And Max! And the other guys. 

 

Also, wishing the three top Ice Dance teams the best for their event. Really like all of them though I must say H/D have the most interesting FD of this bunch. 

  • Author

Well Jason Brown also rotates, and lands, those quads in practice so we'll see. 

 

As for me, I properly just don't know. I mean aside from Nathan, whose participation in PC is a given, the other two spots are quite open. I still think the Fed would like Vincent above anyone else, so if he can skate even remotely cleanly, and I do believe we'll have a UR, what are those, do you put that on bread, situation, then he should grab that second spot. So who's the third man?

 

If either Jason or Adam can land one of their quads, then I think their chances are higher than Max' because one truly artistic guy plus two quadsters seems like a good mix, in terms of image as well. But I'm just not sure about Jason's form. If anything, it's gone down and his quad is nowhere, no matter what he says in interviews, up to the point he didn't even try it at the GPF. I hope Adam's shoulder is healed. 
Max will be lurking, so hopefully as he's the outside man on this, he can at least skate and be happy with his performance.

 

If I have to guess, I think it'd be Nathan/Vincent/Adam but my heart would love to see Jason there. 

So Nathan still with the fluid layout :dry: and apparently the 4Lo was for promotion because he only did it when the layout was "lighter" and then he dropped it. I'd be curious to know if it is one of the quads he feels comfortable to play with while improvising layouts 

Maybe we'll see a #Yolo 6 quads if he feels like last year :laughing: 

And FINALLY he will unveil that (un)famous costume!!! Let's hope it won't be like Lysacek's:runaway:

And it won't show the sweat stains:facepalm:

Good for Vincent if he manages to land (and rotate) those quads but I hope he won't hurt himself to chase that olyimpic dream. Tbh I don't really trust his team right now 

I'd be happy if Adam could keep being consistent.  His FS is my favourite among US men :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

TBH Nathan’s costumes are what I’m most looking forward to at Nationals. 

 

Because I’m such a frivolous woman. 

6 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

TBH Nathan’s costumes are what I’m most looking forward to at Nationals. 

 

Because I’m such a frivolous woman. 

 

Now that he's betrayed us with his haircut, only good costumes can save Nationals. 

6 minutes ago, xeyra said:

 

Now that he's betrayed us with his haircut, only good costumes can save Nationals. 

 

My profile pic is an accidental homage to his eclair hair. (Mostly it’s an homage to my hungry tummy.)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.