Team Japan

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

I'm not the only one getting a weird feeling re: Marin's jumps! I think it's her hands more than anything for me...they somehow seem tentative/floppy when she's entering the jump and when she exits? 

I know what you mean, she kinda pulls in like she's protecting herself or something..

55 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I know what you mean, she kinda pulls in like she's protecting herself or something..

I just had a look and it's because she pulls her hands in below the breast (like where her diaphragm is) when she's jumping and has her elbows held a little away from her body, and her hands coming out of her jumps are really loose but dangly instead of elongated. I guess it's just a jump technique preference but watching her jump makes me feel a little unstable haha (I think I'm too used to seeing Yuzu's position where he's got his arms raised to shoulder height)

4 hours ago, liv said:

Thanks xeyra, I was waiting for this!!! Didnt she say earlier this season that her 3/3 would be in 2nd half? I kept hoping shed change it from the DoI broadcast. 

I remember reading something about her placing 5 jumps in the second half of the FS but I can't quite recall what was planned about the SP. 

According to this, Mai had a mostly clean FS, with a fall on the 3S. 5 jumps in the second half. So her layout is 3Lz3T 2A // 3F 2A3T 3Lo 3Lz2T2Lo 3S.

132.08 FS score for a total of 200.52. 

3 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Ohhh I like this costume and look for Mai. Looking forward to seeing Mai battle for the Olympic spot this season - I love the flow of her jumps and spins, just hoping she'll embody more of the sharp power and fierceness that her SP requires (from looking at her DOI performance...hope we get a clip of her comp performance)