Team Japan

Some of you might have already heard on twitter or youtube, but Dice Murakami announced his retirement yesterday on his youtube channel. Following is a rough summary of his words (Hope he will make an announcement later in English for international fans too…):

He is staying at his host family's house in Toronto now and filmed the video there. He said he wanted to reveal his decision not via media but with his own words. He thought because he is an athlete belonging to team Japan, making an announcement via media would make things complicated. (Or he meant that making an announcement via media is a complicated process?)

He said it was a tough decision, however, considering if he would be able to go on for another four years, he thought it difficult. He said that although there were many unhappy moments in last 17 years as a competitive skater, he has had a lot of great experiences. He thanked his mother, Frank Carroll, Lori Nichol, JFS, IMG, his sponsor, and every other who supported him all through the years. He has some plans for his future and wants to give back to the sport he loves in one way or another. He wishes team Japan members good luck and good health. Seems like he will continue updating his youtube channel, so we'll see what he will do next via this channel.

Apparently, it took a lot of strength for him to make this decision and announcement :8122879: 

I'll miss him but wish him best of luck in his future endeavors. ダイスがんばって!:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

8 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

That layout would Zayak, wouldn't it? The 3-3-3 combo can't be done, it'll have to be 3-3-2. And if she does the 3A3T then the entire thing has to change, or she'd Zayak many times over. 

I don't know what Zayak means, but I'll take your word for it. I'm just impressed that she's considering something so hard.

9 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't know what Zayak means, but I'll take your word for it. I'm just impressed that she's considering something so hard.

The Zayak rule - you can only repeat two triples/quads in a skate, and at least one of the repeated jump has to be in combination. With the new rules, only one quad can be repeated, so either one quad and one triple or two triples can be repeated in a free skate. That layout with the 4T would have two 3Lz, two 3T and two 3Lo for three repeated jumps,  so the 3-3-3 would have to become a 3-3-2 or one would become an invalid jumping pass. With the 3A-3T and that layout, there'd be two 3As, two 3Lz, two 3Lo and three 3Ts, so that'd be breaking the Zayak rule multiple times. :)  So that layout would have to change either way.