Team Japan

3 minutes ago, mcq said:

About flamenco, I think the actual paso doble/flamenco posture is not really suitable to be applied in FS where you feel that your hip is very lifted and high (man I am bad at explaining this, so I hope you get what I meant, basically the line from torso down not torso up/upper body), so maybe that is why many feel that something is missing (as in the skater only adopt the character from torso up + hand movement). Another one is paso doble movement is kind of in a staccato count quite many of the times, so for something that is supposed to be fluid and flowing like FS, it could take away a bit of the character unless you choreograph it smartly. 

But I actually like mura's attempt at flamenco :3

I think I got what you meant, and I do agree, that's part of it. 

3 minutes ago, Gio said:

I think I got what you meant, and I do agree, that's part of it. 

Haha yeah :)  I don't know about you but at least that is what the pet peeves was for me. 

As for tango, since there are many types of tango, I would say I haven't seen a good interpretation of the standard ballroom/american standard one, and the argentine version are more difficult to translate into FS imo. Though I can't speak for the other type of tangos because there are like 234887687 version of it

23 minutes ago, mcq said:

Haha yeah :)  I don't know about you but at least that is what the pet peeves was for me. 

As for tango, since there are many types of tango, I would say I haven't seen a good interpretation of the standard ballroom/american standard one, and the argentine version are more difficult to translate into FS imo. Though I can't speak for the other type of tangos because there are like 234887687 version of it

Yep, it just doesn't feel really balanced to me, like there's too much of a difference between upper body movement and lower body. It's probably a kind of music that isn't easy to adapt to figure skating, as you said, a program requires a certain flow that would probably be difficult to obtain if they sticked to the music more. 

As for tango(s), I liked some, did not like others. But it's usually a kind of music that I don't like to see for programs in most cases xD

1 hour ago, swanbeau said:

wakaba has said that for next season she'll go with programs that highlight her strength more, which is her speed

:party0021:The first time I watched her performance was at 2015's JWC. She was literally flying on the ice:smiley-taunt014:so impressive. 

11 minutes ago, Gio said:

Mm, I would have liked it if she tried it in SP too, I guess it isn't that consistent yet. I hope they won't go for programs that highlight her speed only. That would be a step back imo. 

yeah i thought she will also put it in the SP, but apparantly she's only been training it seriously since last year so i guess it's still not that stable. even when she focused on the emotional/choreo part this season she's still fast... maybe they just wanna use it to grab the judges attention? i just hope they will strategize carefully and smartly because i still havent trust her team that much

3 hours ago, swanbeau said:

yeah i thought she will also put it in the SP, but apparantly she's only been training it seriously since last year so i guess it's still not that stable. even when she focused on the emotional/choreo part this season she's still fast... maybe they just wanna use it to grab the judges attention? i just hope they will strategize carefully and smartly because i still havent trust her team that much

Her team doesn't seem to know what to do with all her talent. Her layouts are usually a suicide...so I hope "want to highlight speed" won't mean empty programs tbh. Imo her programs this year were good enough, they showed her growth a lot.