OVYdYqV.jpg

Severin Kiefer's Instagram stories:

Lh7tMjN.jpgFec4XrU.jpg

Rpx3bW0.jpgfgABtUm.jpg

Guest turquoiseblue

A message from Evgeni Plushenko:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CakOQAMNR1v/

DeepL translation

I cannot remain silent. As an athlete and any sensible person, I share the position that sport is beyond politics. But we do not see this in practice: on Monday, FIFA and UEFA excluded our national teams from all competitions following the IOC's call to suspend our athletes in all sports! Today, the International Skating Union (ISU) has banned Russians from competing under its aegis. This is a big mistake!
You cannot mix sport with politics, you cannot punish athletes and deprive them of the right to compete and compete, as they are doing now. This is discrimination and a direct and gross violation of athletes' rights. Our skaters have proved that they are the strongest in the world. The interest in figure skating will not be the same without our athletes. The sanctions that are being applied to Russia's representatives in sport are inadequate and politicised. If our athletes do not compete in international starts, the victories will be devalued, because the strongest in many disciplines will stay at home. The IOC has recently changed the Olympic motto "Faster, Higher, Stronger" adopted in 1894. Now it reads: "Faster, higher, stronger, together". Are these just words? Now they want to isolate Russia from world sports, which means that Olympic values are a thing of the past.
EVERYONE WANTS PEACE AND I WANT THAT! I really hope that everything will be over as soon as possible, and that the negotiations will bear fruit. I trust our President! I'm not a politician, I'm a sportsman and my goal is to unite people through love for sports overcoming political differences. I'm sure we can all do it!!!!!💪🏻

Guest turquoiseblue

“They have done worse to themselves, there will be no interest in figure skating without our athletes.” Russian functionaries and coaches commented on ISU decision not to allow Russian skaters to compete at the ISU events.
English translation by FS Gossips

General Director of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) Alexander Kogan: We regret about the decision of the ISU. We believe and have always believed that sport is outside of politics, that it is one of the basic principles of the Olympic movement, so it’s a pity.

This is obviously a discriminatory decision on the basis of belonging to any country. We will do everything for our athletes and coaches so that they have the opportunity to train and compete.

Honorary President of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) Valentin Piseev: I am outraged. They have done worse to themselves, there will be no interest in figure skating without Russian athletes.

Ugly decision. This will not contribute to the development of world figure skating and holding World Championships at the level it should be, the interest in competitions will obviously disappear.

The Championships will no longer be the same as it always was when our Russian athletes.

Alexander Zhulin: It’s a big blow to all of us. So far, the situation is dire. I read about football, hockey, figure skating. There seems to be no end to this.

Everyone should understand one thing: there is, for example, a dance pair Sinitsina and Katsalapov. If the judges agree to remove them, no matter how they skate, they will remove them. Exactly the same thing is happening now.

They just agreed, they do not see the main thing, they consume the information they want. How long can this go on?

We will tighten our belts, we will go on vacation to Sosnovy Bor, we will train for the championships in Syzran, we will make it much stronger.

We will strive to bring the Russian Nationals to the level of the world teams. It will be more interesting to watch Trusova, Valieva and Shcherbakova than all figure skating without Russian skaters.

Ilia Averbukh: Of course, it’s very sad. We want to support our guys. This generation has had a hard time. They had to miss so many competitions, and now there is a ban.

Now more than ever they need words of support. I wish them all strength and resilience to get through this.

It remains only to hope that the passions will subside and the world will become the world again.

Tatiana Navka: We all saw what happened at the Olympics. Now, I think, everyone will be happy that there will be no Russian skaters at the World Championships.

I am very sorry that all this is happening: I feel sorry for the athletes, children who are innocent and have no relation to all the politics.

Of course, this is an overshoot. To be honest, I don’t even have words. I really want to believe that this nightmare will end soon.

Evgeni Plushenko: I can’t keep silent. As an athlete and any sane person, I share the position that sport is out of politics. But in reality we do not see this: on Monday, FIFA and UEFA excluded our teams from all competitions after the IOC called to suspend our athletes in all sports!

Today, the International Skating Union banned Russians from participating in competitions under its auspices. This is a big mistake!

You can’t mix sports with politics, you can’t punish athletes and deprive them of the right to perform and compete, as they do now. This is discrimination and a direct violation of the rights of athletes.

Our skaters proved that they are the strongest in the world. Interest in figure skating will not be the same without our athletes. The sanctions that are applied to the representatives of Russia in sports are inadequate and politicized.

If our athletes do not participate in international competitions, victories will be depreciated, because the strongest in many sports will stay at home. More recently, the IOC changed the Olympic motto “Faster, Higher, Stronger”, approved back in 1894.

Now it sounds: “Faster, higher, stronger, together.” Is it just words? Now they want to isolate Russia from world sports, which means that the Olympic values are a thing of the past.

Everyone wants peace, and I want it! I really hope that everything will end as soon as possible, and the negotiations will bear fruit. I believe our president!

I am not a politician, I am an athlete and my goal is to unite people through the love of sport, overcoming political differences. I’m sure we can all make it!

Guest turquoiseblue

The organizing committee of Worlds and the French Federation of Ice Sports support the position of the ISU and IOC:

Guest turquoiseblue
9 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Can all Ukrainian skaters get to Worlds...? :sad4::sad4::sad4:

Oleksandra is currently in Kharkiv. (Maksym, too?) 

Spoiler

This is what I read about her:

She is seeing people getting injured and killed right in front of her. 
Everything around her house is on fire. 
Her room is shaking and there is nowhere safe to go.

7 hours ago, Melodie said:

Very long thread but interesting nonetheless. Do give it a try.

This whole thread is horrifying and disgusting. They are human being, not products or machines.   

Where is humanity... I want peace for everyone :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: I want happy and healthy skaters :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

25 minutes ago, turquoiseblue said:

Can all Ukrainian skaters get to Worlds...? :sad4::sad4::sad4:

Oleksandra is currently in Kharkiv. (Maksym, too?) 

Hide contents

This is what I read about her:

She is seeing people getting injured and killed right in front of her. 
Everything around her house is on fire. 
Her room is shaking and there is nowhere safe to go.

This whole thread is horrifying and disgusting. They are human being, not products or machines.   

Where is humanity... I want peace for everyone :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: I want happy and healthy skaters :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I very doubt those that are currently in Ukraine can go :( Also there's mobilization in the whole country, they may very well stay and fight for their country (adult men at least). Sounds scary but that's how it is :( It's not only military fighting right now...

My gosh, Estonia is certainly stepping up to host the big competitions this year!!

I hope that in the sometime future we see a really good Estonian skater too.. there are good ones, but I mean a TOP one. All of this support for competitions shows they are really interested in this sport now.

Guest turquoiseblue
On 3/3/2022 at 6:16 AM, airi said:

I very doubt those that are currently in Ukraine can go :( Also there's mobilization in the whole country, they may very well stay and fight for their country (adult men at least). Sounds scary but that's how it is :( It's not only military fighting right now...

Even though Ukrainian men aged 18 to 60 are forbidden from leaving the country, I was hoping that there could be exemptions for skaters. But as the situation in Ukraine is getting worse day by day, it seems extremely difficult to reach the border and I don't even know if they would want to compete now... :sad4::sad4:

I've just read a painful and heartbreaking blog post by the president of Skate Ukraine :sad4: He is coordinating the evacuation of Ukrainian skaters. He left for Estonia for a short business trip before the war started and he is now staying there.   

As for the Ukrainian Figure Skating Federation, they posted a statement on their website on 1 March 2022:

Друзі України пропонують допомогу фігуристам
Google translate 

Friends of Ukraine offer help to skaters  

The whole world is now praying for Ukraine, expressing its support and assistance. The Ukrainian Figure Skating Federation (UFSF) is in active contact with its partners from other countries, providing truthful information about the events in Ukraine in connection with the Russian invasion of our country. Many young athletes come under enemy fire, in particular, skaters who literally live in basements, shelters, hiding from Russian missiles.  

Our foreign colleagues are not indifferent to the suffering of Ukrainians and offer their help. So far, the UFSF has received two letters expressing a sincere desire to support and help Ukrainian figure skaters.

The letters they received are from Poland (Natalia and Maksym's club, an insurance broker and a foundation) and the Latvian Skating Association. Today they posted the news about Junior Worlds taking place in Tallinn.